CGE+UK Event

1. 07-26-2005, 08:48 AM
    Don`t worry Perry , that was a one off :) I was in some weird state while playing the game , like an outer body experiance . I was looking down at the game , and everything I was doing was on auto pilot . All sorts of things were going through my mind , but still I played really , really well . Could`nt see myself losing the last life , then just as I thought of how good a score > 700K would be , bang , dead :shock: It was like two halfs of the brain were on the go , one half was playing the game with seemingly little input by me . I need to find this place again ..

Looking forward to seeing you in London Perry :)

sandinista
  2. 08-16-2005, 09:43 AM
    Anyone know the results of the competition on 08/13/2005?

https://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=19&id=1085

Any news at all would be nice...

Troy
  3. re....

08-16-2005, 12:29 PM
    I think Walter will be posting results etc when he and the rest of the gang get back from Paris on Wednesday, so I'll leave it to him.

One thing which was a downer was that Gary Whelan (Sandanista) fell ill days before the event and the Galaxian showdown never took place.
    Get well soon Gary!!

Still it was a great day and was great to meet up and chat with the TG folk.
    Although I think everyone had problems understanding me. I talk with a heavy Dublin accent and I talk waaaay too fast. And then add a few beers into the mix and it's interpreter time.

Yikes...my boss is lurking. Have to go!

Cheers,

AL
    \"That gum you like is gonna come back in style...\"
  4. 08-19-2005, 07:08 AM
    I was eager to see how Doris Self got on also.
  5. 09-02-2005, 11:22 AM
    I was wondering about Doris today myself.
    Douglas Loyd
    Perfect Pac-Man (MAME, 5/16/09)
  6. re....

09-02-2005, 02:23 PM
    Yeah...was wondering why Walter or other TG staff haven't posted a report?

But to see some pics and stuff from the event, go to Mark Alpigers website.

Cheers,

AL

C:\\WINDOWS\\Desktop\\london\\DorisSelf_playing_Q-Bert.jpg
  7. re...

04-24-2007, 01:51 PM
    Hi all,

Some nice kind person has just uploaded a torrent file of CGEUK2005 in London. It's 4.33GB, and I'm still downloading it, but my friend tells me that it includes footage of Tony Temple playing MC, and an interview with Billy Mitchell, plus footage of the Q+A session. Of course there will be lots more. My friend just skipped through to get a taste. It's over 2hrs long.
    Now currently, the torrent is on one of those private sites, but next week will be uploaded to a public site (maybe Pirate Bay), so we can all see. I wonder if my ugly mug will make it?

Cheers,

AL
  8. re..

04-24-2007, 01:53 PM
    Oh, there's also footage of the late Doris Self playing Q-Bert.

AL
  9. 05-04-2007, 11:54 PM
    So no word on that footage going public?
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
  10. re...

05-05-2007, 04:14 AM
    Currently being converted to .avi format by a friend, otherwise it's a 4.3GB download. When that's done it'll be uploaded to a publin domain.

AL
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Join us