CGE+UK Event

1. CGE+UK Event

05-06-2005, 10:13 AM
    Hi,

Can someone provide details as to what games will be available to play for this event?

Sounds like a good event. And it's only a short trip for me to the UK.
    Be also nice to meet Walter et al.

I'd hope also to meet up with some recent UK players whom I've recently been in contact with.

This is an event I should be able to attend.

Cheers,

AL
  2. 05-06-2005, 12:48 PM
    I don`t know what games they have lined up , hopefully Chris Millard at CGEUK can help . It`s looking like being a fantastic event ... Hope you can make it Alex , and make sure to say hello :D

sandinista
  3. re....

05-06-2005, 01:48 PM
    Of course I'll say hello. Not in the middle of a game of course.

I will try my best to get in contact with Mark Lyons who is also a top Galaxian player, and also a few others who can play classics.

I'd love a Paperboy machine to be there, cos I know someone besides myself who can seriously challenge the current WR!

Soon,

AL
  4. Re: re....

05-06-2005, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Weir
    Of course I'll say hello. Not in the middle of a game of course.

I will try my best to get in contact with Mark Lyons who is also a top Galaxian player, and also a few others who can play classics.

I'd love a Paperboy machine to be there, cos I know someone besides myself who can seriously challenge the current WR!

Soon,

AL
    Have I seen Mark`s name at MARP ? think it rings a bell .. soon as I hear what games are coming , I`ll post it on .

cheers

sandinista
  5. re...

05-07-2005, 01:56 AM
    Yeah Gary, Mark has some old uploads for Galaxian over at MARP.

Yeah nice one. Let us know what games are there when ye can.

More importantly, at least you can have a fag indoors over there.
    Bloody disaster over here. Smoking ban sucks. All that exposure to cold and wet weather can't be good for your health.

Ah...a pint and a smoke. The memories......

Cheers,

AL
  6. UK Event

05-07-2005, 08:04 AM
    Hello fellow gamers:

With Walter and Bill there, and if some other well-known gamers from the area show up, that will make for some photo op.

Someone attending...PLEASE take some digital pictures !!

Robert
  7. 05-07-2005, 08:21 AM
    Look forward to meeting you Al , let me know if you`re definitely going , where you`re staying etc . Seems the Fairfield http://www.cgeuk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=224 has decent rates for us attendees . i`ll probably be there Friday / Saturday night . Definitely Saturday . There`s a nice big bar area in the middle of the exhibition :D

And yeah , I`ll be taking my digital camera Robert :D Hopefully I`ll get some great snaps , and I`ll post `em on !

cheers

sandinista
  8. 05-17-2005, 10:47 AM
    Cool, just booked a Ticket for myself and Al, so hopefully we'll see you all there.

Flop
  9. re....

05-17-2005, 01:05 PM
    Flop is correct. Tickets are booked. But there are six of us attending the event. Just hoping to 'mingle' and share stories...etc.

I'm looking forward to Tony Temples attempt to claim the 'Missile Command' WR from Mr.Schilt.

Bizzarely enough, I was queing in a local newsagent the other day and picked up a recent edition of 'Retro Gamer' magazine (UK), and there is an interview with Mr.Schilt. I didn't even know that that magazine existed?

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing you Gary.

And also to prove that you are not a \"fluke\"!!!!

The neck......

Any idea what games are going to be there?

Oh, and as for accomodation, me mate lives not far from the venue, so may crash there. Should arrive Friday evening (I don't fly planes, so must go by Ferry/Train route. ) Be there all day Saturday though.

Yes, the bar is an important feature. Like it.

And we'll also have a digital camera too, so plenty of embarrassing snaps to come.......

Cheers,

AL
  10. 06-16-2005, 11:20 AM
    Hi Al ,

Retro-Gamer is a great mag ! Perry Rodger`s featured in this months issue . Three games that * must * be at CGEUk are galaxian , Missile Command , and Space Harrier . Though these are for three World record attempts , so I don`t know how much Free play will be available..

Walter Day has posted on the CGEUK forums with the 5 games that are to be played in the retro competiton http://www.cgeuk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=338

I`m sure there will be many more :D

cheers

sandinista
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us