Galaxian Guy No Show

  1. Galaxian Guy No Show

    08-16-2005, 03:53 PM
    Well , after all the build up and excitement ready for CGEUK , I had the incredible misfortune to go sick just as the event approached . Tuseday night ( while actually practising galaxian ... ) I started with a nose bleed . To cut a long story short , after six hours and many phone calls to various agencies , they sent an ambulance round and I was took up to tameside A+E . After another five hours ( they still couldn`t stop the blood flow ) they sprayed some stuff up my nose , jammed what felt like two RSJ`s in there , and stuck me on ward 5. Mucho tests and checks later , and they eventually removed said girders from my nose Friday morning . Saturday afternoon the doctor said i could go home . Great :cry: . I was / am gutted .
    I`ve emailed Walter and Perry with my apologies , and sorry I missed anyone else , especially you Al . I was really looking forward to meeting you . Hope everyone had a great time , and Hopefully I`ll catch up next year .

    cheers

    sandinista
  2. re....

    08-16-2005, 04:32 PM
    Well at least your ok now, that's the main thing.

    I was looking out for you when I saw Perry coming down the stairs from the arcade section. I introduced myself and we had a brief chat before I asked \" Is Gary here yet?\". Perry then told me the bad news. Bit of a bummer as quite a good few people were looking forward to that I can tell you.

    Quite a few times I heard whisperings of \"Is the English bloke here yet?\", \"Hey what time is the Galaxian Face-Off starting at?\". The flyer on the machines had pictures of you and Perry with both your stats and stuff, plus time of play. I don't think most people knew that you were unable to attend. In retrospect, a label or something should've been placed over the flyer with an update.

    I'll have my pictures soon. I can mail you one of Perry playing on Galaxian, if that makes you feel any better, which of course I know it won't. But if this year's event is anything to go by, looking forward to next year. So hopefully see you at that, and with a bit of luck, the draconian English Liquor Laws will have changed :roll:
    11pm closing time? On a Saturday night? What?!

    Found this on the web. That's me wearing the cap.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/92617338@N ... et-757098/

    Stay healthy now.

    Cheers,

    AL
  3. Re: re....

    08-17-2005, 04:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Weir
    ... with a bit of luck, the draconian English Liquor Laws will have changed :roll:
    11pm closing time? On a Saturday night? What?!
    I think it's November that sees the 24 hour licencing arrangement allowed. The individual bars still have to apply for that licence too. Alas, the teenagers are likely to make drinking hell on the main streets all night (instead of just until 4 am) once the 24 hour licence comes in though. :( Shame it takes several years before they realise drinking to excess & violence just aren't worth putting hand in hand.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  4. Re: re....

    08-18-2005, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Weir
    Well at least your ok now, that's the main thing.

    I was looking out for you when I saw Perry coming down the stairs from the arcade section. I introduced myself and we had a brief chat before I asked " Is Gary here yet?". Perry then told me the bad news. Bit of a bummer as quite a good few people were looking forward to that I can tell you.

    Quite a few times I heard whisperings of "Is the English bloke here yet?", "Hey what time is the Galaxian Face-Off starting at?". The flyer on the machines had pictures of you and Perry with both your stats and stuff, plus time of play. I don't think most people knew that you were unable to attend. In retrospect, a label or something should've been placed over the flyer with an update.

    I'll have my pictures soon. I can mail you one of Perry playing on Galaxian, if that makes you feel any better, which of course I know it won't. But if this year's event is anything to go by, looking forward to next year. So hopefully see you at that, and with a bit of luck, the draconian English Liquor Laws will have changed :roll:
    11pm closing time? On a Saturday night? What?!

    Found this on the web. That's me wearing the cap.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/92617338@N ... et-757098/

    Stay healthy now.

    Cheers,

    AL
    Cheers Al . The only phone number I had was of Paul Drury ( Retro gamer ) , and my daughter kept him informed from Wednesday through to Friday , when I knew I had no chance . He even asked for her to ring him before 12 on Friday on friday ( which she did ) , so he could announce it at the press conference . Thats as much as I know . So disappointed I couldn`t make it , gutted really doesn`t cover it . Suppose there`s always next year , and of course Funspot 2006 .
    Off to the docs in the next hour , should know more then , but i`m sure everythings ok .
    Love to see the pic of perry playing Galaxian , and are you the Al on WOTR who stood in against him and scored 75K ? Pretty good if that was you :D

    ps English boozing laws are a farce , you are correct :cry:

    cheers

    gaz
  5. re.....

    08-18-2005, 07:38 AM
    and are you the Al on WOTR who stood in against him and scored 75K ? Pretty good if that was you
    Yep. Thats me. Not in a game of doubles mind. I kept trying to do better but ye had to give way to let other people play.

    Really nice guy is Perry, very friendly.


    Cheers,

    AL
  6. re..

    08-18-2005, 01:49 PM
    Gary,

    Pictures have been sent to the e-mail address quoted on your web-site.


    Cheers,

    AL
  7. Re: re....

    08-18-2005, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Weir
    Found this on the web. That's me wearing the cap.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/92617338@N ... et-757098/
    Ho-ho... your avatar? Do you draw it??? Since this pic, you are very similar to your avatar :shock: :wink:
    TRB_MetroidTeam
    Metroid Team, from Brazil
  8. re....

    08-19-2005, 06:06 AM
    I'll take that as a compliment Valter :)

    Actually the avatar is from a Laser-Disc game called 'Super-Don Quixote'.
    And that's Super-Don himself, the handsome devil that he is......


    Cheers,

    Don
  9. Re: re....

    08-19-2005, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Weir
    And that's Super-Don himself, the handsome devil that he is......

    Just like yourself Al eh? Especially after 10 cans of Dutch Gold ;-)

    Flop
  10. re....

    08-19-2005, 11:48 AM
    Just like yourself Al eh? Especially after 10 cans of Dutch Gold
    Everybody is handsome after 10 cans of Dutch Gold. Even you are Flop.... :lol:


    AL
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us