Wave Race 64

1. 09-19-2005, 04:29 PM
    The cyberscore.net and the N64 Highscores sites' times are not so good, but at leats we have an idea about how strong the WRs may be.

\"Of course I have the strat for his flap . But we have no clue how he has done the other two lap records. Do you know something we don't know ?\"

-> If you know the strat, why don't you share it with me? The one I use seems to be the only possible and it's still bad.
    ->I know nothing about the other two tracks, but I am sure Whalls knows. However, I have been trying to contact him but, so far, I haven't had luck. The only thing that interests me is the Twilight City Flap WR and the Bounty.
    See you.
  2. 09-22-2005, 03:27 PM
    Hi Marcelo. Welcome here man! Would be nice see you posting here frequently, friend!

Cyberscore???? I posted a couple of records there... however I will not lose my time again there! Of course... for some little compare, this site can be used (without confirmations, for sure) :|
    TRB_MetroidTeam
    Metroid Team, from Brazil
  3. 09-26-2005, 06:03 AM
    BurningDeath has a Twilight City lap record which is only ~0,050 behind the TG record. I hope he will post the vid soon.
    I can only give you my Twilight City total time record, which beats the old WR by one tenth. My best lap in the vid is a 43\"3, so that's 3 tenth slower than the TG record.
    And BurningDeath and me are PAL, so we converted the NTSC times into PAL for comparing.
  4. 09-26-2005, 06:07 AM
    Hehe, I forgot to post the link:
    http://www.superplayers.de/stefanmahrla ... Mahrla.wmv

Btw. why can't you edit your posts in the TG board? So I had to double post.
  5. 09-26-2005, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahrla
    Btw. why can't you edit your posts in the TG board? So I had to double post.
    A decision was made some time ago not to allow the editting of posts due to past problems with manipulations.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  6. 09-26-2005, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningDeath
    @Referees
    Is it possible to film other records beside Arcade or PC (DOOM3) with a cam to prove the record? Shipping a VHS tape to USA isn't that cheap ya know :? .
    Camera is always an option, as long as you mean a real camera and not a webcam. But you'll still have to send the tape, so not much difference between that and the VHS tape. Make sure to contact the referee first to make sure he can view the tape format you are sending.
    If the circumstances are agreeable with the platform referree, special circumstances can be made for you to ship your submission to an alternative referree (i.e., one that's closer). As mentioned, not all referrees can view all formats - please check prior to shipping.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  7. 09-29-2005, 12:34 PM
    Yeah, that's why I am posting here in hope to get some detailed answers from the referee himself :? .
    Would be cool to write down some more detailed rules about european or australian players like what about the differences in games and/or videotaping (50Hz NTSC/60Hz PAL).
    Spending another day to get that record and read the next day that PAL is not allowed would be really :evil: , so...
  8. 09-29-2005, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningDeath
    Yeah, that's why I am posting here in hope to get some detailed answers from the referee himself :? .
    Might want to e-mail him or post in the N64 forum since this thread is somewhat buried in the bounties section.
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
  9. Going thru the Remaining Bounty-Related Threads

08-25-2007, 05:13 PM
    Hello fellow gamers:

I am spending this weekend cleaning up on all remaining TG PM's and E-MAILs regarding the remaining unpaid year 2005 bounties and this thread was provided in a link.

The TG records as of ending period 8/31/01 for fastest lap/race were all accomplished during the year 2001 summer competitions. I currently have custody of all these performances as I am awaiting formal transfer to the new TG management team prior to Sep30/07.

As for the records accomplished thru that period, some may seem a little faster than possible. Legitimate shortcuts were employed including some tactics that while I had never seen them before up to that point, I discussed with the then senior management team of Walter Day and Ron Corcoran the specifics and we agreed to accept them as being valid.

That stated, my apologies for addressing this matter so very, very late, but if any remaining questions exist regarding this topic or of any specific lap/race record times, let me know and I will reply on this forum to my best recollection.

Without stating what the tactics were, I saw new tactics in five courses.

Robert
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Join us