Pac-Man tabletop

  1. Pac-Man tabletop

    09-13-2005, 01:58 PM
    Wow i never noticed this forum. I was about to bid on a Pac-Man tabletop on Ebay earlier and the site went wacky. The site was up, but you couldn't access any auction pages. So the last bidder from yesturday, scored an excellent condition Pac-Man tabletop for $12.50. If i were the seller i'd be pissed!
  2. 09-14-2005, 06:19 PM
    if that sale is allowed...if ebay knows the auction and bidding wasn't accessible then they likely would allow a reposting and rebidding with no sale from the first one.

    that would be the fair thing to do.

    the seller should have had a higher starting bid or a reserve price on the item though.

    if that has to be sold for $12.50...man, what a lucky buyer.

    if I was that seller I would refuse and talk with ebay though about inaccessibility.
    --Rick Carter
    My streaming broadcast channel: www.justin.tv/permafrostrick
  3. 09-15-2005, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by permafrostrick
    if that sale is allowed...if ebay knows the auction and bidding wasn't accessible then they likely would allow a reposting and rebidding with no sale from the first one.

    that would be the fair thing to do.

    the seller should have had a higher starting bid or a reserve price on the item though.

    if that has to be sold for $12.50...man, what a lucky buyer.

    if I was that seller I would refuse and talk with ebay though about inaccessibility.
    Yea, the seller definitely has a case if they witnessed what occured. But if they didn't... they should have had a reserve! I learned my lesson a while ago, when someone won one of my auctions for A PENNY! :roll:
  4. 09-15-2005, 06:23 PM
    That's why you gotta charge $20 for shipping and handling...so you at least get something out of it.

    Just kidding. I hate when people do that. Some people on eBay are charging $5.50 for shipping on a freakin' CD :(

    --James in S.D.
  5. 05-05-2006, 07:07 PM
    I used to have one of those. What a good machine. I would play that instead of my Atari Pac-Man. Ahhh... memories.
  6. 05-06-2006, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CapaJC
    That's why you gotta charge $20 for shipping and handling...so you at least get something out of it.

    Just kidding. I hate when people do that. Some people on eBay are charging $5.50 for shipping on a freakin' CD :(

    --James in S.D.
    Sellers do that also to avoid ebay fees. Fees are partially based on the price the item starts at and what it ends at.

    Ok, so instead of selling something for $5 with $0.50-$1.00 S&H, sell it for $0.01 and charge $6 S&H.

    I am surprised ebay has let sellers get away with that trick.
    --Rick Carter
    My streaming broadcast channel: www.justin.tv/permafrostrick
  7. Re: Pac-Man tabletop

    11-19-2009, 01:41 PM
    I agree, I liked mine better than the atari. . . what ever happen to games like pac-man. . . way too complicated now.
  8. Re: Pac-Man tabletop

    01-17-2012, 07:09 PM
    I like the Pac- Man game..I am a big fan of this game..I really like this game..
  9. Re: Pac-Man tabletop

    01-17-2012, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by permafrostrick
    Quote Originally Posted by CapaJC
    That's why you gotta charge $20 for shipping and handling...so you at least get something out of it.

    Just kidding. I hate when people do that. Some people on eBay are charging $5.50 for shipping on a freakin' CD :(

    --James in S.D.
    Sellers do that also to avoid ebay fees. Fees are partially based on the price the item starts at and what it ends at.

    Ok, so instead of selling something for $5 with $0.50-$1.00 S&H, sell it for $0.01 and charge $6 S&H.

    I am surprised ebay has let sellers get away with that trick.
    If you want a R.O.I. (return on investment, for those of you who don't watch or listen to business shows), you have to charge something above your cost of listing. That's the dynamic of what is called "capitalism"...providing for your own needs through serving others, and that service costs time and effort, measured in most cases by money. eBay knows investors & sellers aren't dumb; they're not there to lose their shirts. Just like gas prices cannot exceed a certain amount, or buyers won't buy... a natural "price ceiling"...there's a natural "price floor" below which it is economically unviable to sell a product indefinitely without risking going out of business. The difference between cost and profit is what the free market will bear. Smart investors mitigate their risk to maximize the reward.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizz
    I agree, I liked mine better than the atari. . . what ever happen to games like pac-man. . . way too complicated now.
    I used to have the 2600 cart. Twice. Played on the 7800. Now I have this Coleco Pac-Man tabletop too. Waiting for an op to go someplace un-crowded to play this loud thing!

    Complicated? Yep-a-doodle-doo. I'm in the middle of yet another Pac-Man World 3 session (which will probably take another week and a half). Got past the windmill section again; looking for that ever-elusive last trading card. [Does anything happen when you get a complete set?]



    "¡Buenos días, Blinky! ¿Cómo estás? Yo he comido un energizante y voy a comer tú y tus tres amigos por tres-mil puntos."
    [Y después de eso, tengo un apetito por tres más energizantes...y doscientos cuarenta puntos...y una fruta]
    :o
  10. Re: Pac-Man tabletop

    01-17-2012, 11:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vgmc7650
    If you want a R.O.I. (return on investment, for those of you who don't watch or listen to business shows), you have to charge something above your cost of listing. That's the dynamic of what is called "capitalism"...providing for your own needs through serving others, and that service costs time and effort, measured in most cases by money. eBay knows investors & sellers aren't dumb; they're not there to lose their shirts.
    of course but many take it way too far. selling a $20 item for $0.50 plus $20 S&H instead of true S&H of maybe $3 and auctioning the item with a $17 reserve(it's the same $20 total). that results in higher ebay fees. sellers are cheating e-bay out of tons by doing this...again surprised e-bay allows it. they can estimated a reasonable S&H in most cases and see if the seller is abusing that.

    you especially see this for trading cards and postcards etc. nowadays. I used to sell those on e-bay and was doing quite well for about 6 months...was making about $1000/month doing that...but doing it honestly with honest S&H.

    now you see many selling a $10 card for $0.01 and $10+ S&H when real S&H maybe is $1.50-2.00 at most. They likely do not get any bids on teh item...but at that method of selling the fees are less so seller can afford to have more nonsales.

    when I was doing it 75-85% of my auctions would sell. nowadays, looking at even great sellers, they are lucky if 10-20% of their auctions sell in that genre.
    --Rick Carter
    My streaming broadcast channel: www.justin.tv/permafrostrick
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us