2006!

1. 01-06-2006, 07:03 AM
    cockpit games are not allowed; uprights only. In case anyone missed it like I did, the games are not to be videotaped, but rather recorded by two cameras directly to a hard drive. The rules and requirements are way to excessive, and I would have to become violent if I performed one just to get dq'ed by the fine print.
    The citizenship requirement could be worked out, but why would you want to give a prize promoting your business to a player on a different continent? Also there could be problems/expenses relating to international contests and winners are required to receive prizes in person in Louiseville, KY. If winners are already in USA, everything is that much easier, but he might make a special EXCLUSION rule just for YOU, Des, if you should come! :lol:
  2. 01-07-2006, 03:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by markboolman
    but he might make a special EXCLUSION rule just for YOU, Des, if you should come! :lol:
    No thanks ;) I'm MAME player only.
  3. 01-08-2006, 03:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by destructor
    Quote Originally Posted by markboolman
    but he might make a special EXCLUSION rule just for YOU, Des, if you should come! :lol:
    No thanks ;) I'm MAME player only.
    EDIT
    Please sponsors for good tournament. For all players. All - knows that most players use MAME.
    In whole word best tournament was Weehawk's GEGOTW but something wrong is in GEGOWT because not all players want to play in GEGOTW.
  4. 01-08-2006, 09:54 AM
    I like the gegotw, but I have only made 1 submission for it in 2005. If there is a game I like played this year, I will try to make more submissions. Hopefully, there will be a new set this year!
  5. re....

01-08-2006, 01:42 PM
    If there is a game I like played this year, I will try to make more submissions. Hopefully, there will be a new set this year!
    Knowing John, it'll be Crystal Castles that'll make an appearance :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

AL
    \"That gum you like is gonna come back in style...\"
  6. 01-08-2006, 02:37 PM
    Knowing John, it'll be Crystal Castles that'll make an appearance
    CC was already in the 2004 GEGOTW so I think John will stay away from it.

Hopefully, there will be a new set this year!
    I think that's the plan :)

In whole word best tournament was Weehawk's GEGOTW
    GEGOTW is definitely a lot of fun and well organized but it's not that easy to compare it to some of the other tournaments and formats.

but something wrong is in GEGOWT because not all players want to play in GEGOTW.
    There's probably many reasons for that. For myself, there are certain periods of time during the year where I am busy with other things and won't play the weekly game unless it's a game I already like and am decent at. Like, when Robotron was the game of the week I had to leave for London half-way through so I wasn't able to put as much into it as I would have liked.

I also think the bonus point system didn't work as well as expected. It may have actually been a deterrent towards the end of the year.
  7. 01-08-2006, 02:48 PM
    GEGOTW is great for some quick competiton but it's a bit troublesome if you take it as a tournament. A year is a long time and inevitably you'll have some busy weeks or some weeks you just don't feel like playing a certain game. I just consider the points a fun way to keep track of who's doing what during the year. This isn't a knock on GEGOTW though, I think it's great and I always follow it even though I don't submit much.
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
  8. 01-26-2006, 05:17 PM
    so what is happening with the bounties, are all submitions in?
    I like to destroy games... especially the ones with Mario in them.
  9. 01-26-2006, 10:05 PM
    yes, i'm wondering about this also. i got the donkey kong country bounty but i have a new address so i'm wondering who i have to contact to get the money sent there.
  10. 01-27-2006, 04:08 AM
    i am not sure, but i think i won the f-zero bounties, either that or only one of them.
    I like to destroy games... especially the ones with Mario in them.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Join us