[OMEGRACE] Omega Race

1. [OMEGRACE] Omega Race

06-10-2006, 08:06 PM
    Please report here your doubts, performances, current standings etc...

REFEREE/E-MAIL:
    Rick Carter
    permafrostrick AT mac DOT com
    TRB_MetroidTeam
    Metroid Team, from Brazil
  2. 06-11-2006, 01:21 PM
    122.800 submitted on 08/06/2006 and not verified
    Sebastien GIRAUD admin of MAMESCORE and member of RU, MARP, TWIN GALAXIES and SHMUP.COM
  3. 06-11-2006, 02:20 PM
    Ok, until Robert objects to this...I will assume it's ok to post score standings for this game here:

Here are the current verified scores as of June 11, 2006 5 pm EDT.
    All scores received have been verified.

Code:
    name                   score
    RLopes                 257800
    sawys                   122800
    R Macauley            119350
    bdfil                      86000
    Fabiano G Souza    60700
    ZTM                      59200
    --Rick Carter
    My streaming broadcast channel: www.justin.tv/permafrostrick
  4. No Objections at All !!

06-11-2006, 10:37 PM
    Hi Rick:

This is exactly what I had hoped for...a quick alternate way to convey the scores as they stand per title to me.

Robert
  5. A New Record for Verification

06-14-2006, 01:32 AM
    Hello fellow gamers:

I hit a 315K on OR earlier tonight and posted to MARP for now.

The strategy I witnessed years back by a player I saw get approx 3.5M+ is coming back to me.

PART ONE - speed downward and take out the first hatched mine layer...this is critical. Along the way take out triangles ONLY if they are an impediment

PART TWO - speed along and take out the rest of the bottom section while primary enemy circles screen. Top priority is accuracy and speed.

PART THREE - after unhatched enemies are nearly dispatched, primary enemy should have made a 3/4 path around stage and is now shooting directly at you.

PART FOUR - position yourself to take out primary enemy with a straight line burst that it can run into on the way up. Keep shots tight so as to minimize chance of a miss.

PART FIVE - clean up what you can without crashing before wave end

Easier said than done, but I watched a pro do this to great success back in my HS days.

Robert
  6. 06-14-2006, 08:04 AM
    Your 315, 200 game has been verified...for the Deca.
    --Rick Carter
  7. 06-19-2006, 01:21 PM
    All scores received as of this writing are verified.

Here is the list of verified scores:

Code:
    RMRUCZEK                315200
    BBH                     272250
    Rodrigo_Lopes(Metroid)  257800
    permafrostrick          165200
    Rmacauley               158400
    jk                      126350
    Sawys                   122800
    bdfil                    86000
    jdllama                  66200
    Fabiano                  60700
    Zotmeister               59200
    --Rick Carter
  8. Almost Forgot this One

06-19-2006, 02:40 PM
    Hi Rick:

This one hit me last night when I was practicing Omega Race again...

A strategy that I saw my high school friend use when he was getting lazy was that he would situate himself dead- center on a side and aim on +/- 45 degree angles picking off the incoming enemies one by one. It was not as easy in my opinion as the other strategy I mentioned but when he did it he made it look easy.

Anyway, using whichever strategy he did at any given time, the net result was inevitably the same...the top of the screen is littered with triangles which you clean up as best you can at wave-end.

He had a cool strategy there as well which I know how to do to this day in terms of cleaning up the top. Again, he likened the title to \"Asteroids\" in an enclosed area.

What he did was coast horizontally along the top of the inner box, meaning the bottom of the top section, and with ship pointed up he picked off all the triangles above, sweeping the section at wave-end. Worked great unless a block was in the way of his horizontal path but he was pretty quck with the knob and always seemed to pick off pieces easily enough. I may be biased but it's harder to do using a mouse and keyboard combo.

Robert
  9. 06-19-2006, 04:13 PM
    This game is incredibly difficult, but quite addictive. I've just been using a playstation controller, so no analog control. Maybe mouse/keyboard combo is more effective? I hadn't even remembered about the knob on the arcade version until I read the last post here.
  10. 06-29-2006, 07:31 PM
    just submitted score of 75,850 pts.cheers.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us