PHASE ONE (G-2) - Score Count Summary

1. More SPlit Answers (and some other)

11-08-2006, 04:20 PM
    Scott:

Replies in no particular order follow...

-> Thanks for the TCM Proto link...that's the one I remember was sold

-> The Berzerk issue mentioned did not reference Stephen...that was my own cart. It allowed me on game 6B to play thru 300K and more, yet on two separate attempts, maybe three, each ended in the 16xK-17xK range.

-> Will looks into the Skiing 27.51...I told DOuglas that I did a 27.88-27.94 or 27.96 awhile back but never pressed further. Assumed that Todd's 27.51 was his usual stellar run but had no idea how far that one could be pushed. Tp date the only challenge was the 1B time.

-> Will send sep E-MAIL to Tom Duncan on the DK cart or carts...remember that I can't remember if I sold to Tom this particular title or if I gave to Scootie or if one was in the gift batch to Ron before he left the fold, let alone whether I sold Tom both, but I will ask.

-> The Barnstorming 32.51 issue was another of the few pending something from Todd. I told him to send me anything under the current threshold of (whatever it is now...32.71 or 32.74 ?) and I'd honour the 32.51 which is within my discretion to do so.

-> Statements made to date...that would include anything in this forum, and where I did mention as you quoted me that I said I wanted the score retained. I did not put a time period range on when these statements occurred. Didn't have to. As for results, if the discussions are internal and they are still being debated, I would not post the core of the discussion on the public site in any event unless there was a compelling reason to do so.

-> You STILL have not answered my second task requested, by the way.

-> I am requesting that all gamers keep this thread focused on the project at hand from now on...it is so far off on a different tangent that I am guessing people forgot the purpose by now. Score counts, remember ?

Robert
  2. Re: Next...

11-08-2006, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by the 5th ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by RMRUCZEK
    -> The 960,001 on "Kaboom" Game A - all I asked was the last sixty (60) seconds of the performance recorded to VHS tape. Think about the scenario necessary to achieve 960,001 points. It can be done. but it is not a piece of cake to do intentionally let alone on Game A.

-> The "Boxing" WR or I think 24 seconds remaining, or was it 28, I forget

-> The "Skiing" 1B record which is about a tenth of a second faster than all others. I've had at least two other score challenges of this one.

Robert
    This is rather unusual. Are you saying that you did not view the ENTIRE Kaboom performance of 960,001 on difficulty A? Only the final 60 seconds, and that was good enough?

Todd's Boxing KO came with 1:36 left on the clock (a 24 second KO) Todd has my tape of an 18 second KO with 1:42 left on the clock. I hope there aren't any issues with my record since it hasn't been posted yet.

Are you sure you don't mean his Skiing 3B record? His time for that variation stands at 27.51 which is a huge difference from 2nd place (my time of 27.96) Being that this race is a fixed course, it is impossible to run it that much faster than I did. This should be reviewed in my opinion. Todd, it's not personal, but this needs to be addressed. If I can see a time of at least 27.8x I'd be satisfied. I don't expect you to duplicate the 27.51
    Skiing 3BB was questioned by me via PM (along with Starmaster Ensign 1B). My score of 27.97 stood in second place for years until Douglas beat me by .01 seconds with a 27.96. You, Robert claim to have acheived a 27.75 many years ago on this game. I don't think that's possible either. This game has a known bug that can be exploited which should nullify all grandfathered photographic proof. Show me video of 27.7x and I'll shut up about that one. I never heard anything back about Starmaster Ensign or Skiing 3BB. 3985 on Starmaster Ensign must be an error.

The TG rules say you must be a top contender on a title in order to challenge a score. I am on both of these games.
  3. 11-08-2006, 04:39 PM
    Kaboom 1A 960,001? Very difficult to lose with exactly that score.
  4. 11-08-2006, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dyancey
    Kaboom 1A 960,001? Very difficult to lose with exactly that score.
    It is very difficult, but possible (it happened to me once :wink: )
  5. Re: More SPlit Answers (and some other)

11-08-2006, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RMRUCZEK
    -> You STILL have not answered my second task requested, by the way.
    :roll:

Why do I have to keep repeating myself with you?? I DID answer your "task", Robert. If one of us has a problem answering questions, it sure as hell isn't me. And when you finally do, there's a good chance you'll end up contradicting yourself. Which is exactly what is happening here :x

This is the last time I will reiterate my statements about this!

TASK TWO - please answer why as a referee I should not have challenged Todd's 15M score when he (A) never had the tapes verified by Ron, and (B) TG no longer has the tapes. Please explain why Ron's scores need to be yanked, and yet this one needs to remain.
    REASON #1 you gave for pulling Todd's score: For the past year, the ONLY reason you ever gave for taking Todd's score up to now was that you felt Todd had a different version of the cartridge. That's all anyone outside of TG's inner circle knew. His score was in the database one day, and gone the next. And (as usual) I even went so far as to post a link to the thread where you first mentioned it.

REASON #2 you gave for pulling Todd's score: Now, you're saying Ron never verified Todd's tape, but yet his score was in the database... by "a referee who took it upon themself to enter them". Since this is completely different from the excuse you've given in the past, I couldn't answer your question without knowing more about this, b/c you never made mention of this fact until today! Like anyone else would, we believe that every score that's in the database is verified in some form, whether it's by a referee watching a tape or witnessing it in person. Todd's score was in the database, so naturally I assumed it was verified by one of those accepted methods.

Question #1: If you publicly stated reason #2 before now, please provide a link to it. In return, I'll gladly apologize for not seeing it.

Question #2: If reason #2 is the real reason for taking his score down, then why did you never mention that fact until now? Why did you keep giving the different cartridge excuse every time the matter was brought up?

You only need to answer one or the other.....

Now, since you've stated Todd's DK score was never verified to begin with, if that's true then I agree that it shouldn't be in the database. And since you also stated Ron verified nearly all of his own scores, these should be removed as well for the same reason - they were NEVER PROPERLY VERIFIED.

I don't know how to make my remarks any easier for you to comprehend, outside of resorting to pictograms.
  6. 11-08-2006, 07:04 PM
    I believe an open forum can lead to the uncovering of truth. So, there has been some value in this thread. However, its too bad that anger and rivalry creeps in on occasion.

In the case of any issues that need to be decided upon, they wil be addressed by the TG Board of Referees. I have faith that this collective think tank can handle any problem or issue that is levied against it.

Robert Mruczek has done a tremendous job of running almost everything at TG the last year while I focus on the Book of Records, which now nears completion. Please do not think that Robert has to bear the responsibility of deciding everything, or be held responsible for everything.

The TG Board is here to help. Tell them what you want.

Respectfully,

walter.
  7. Open Message to STONIC

11-08-2006, 11:44 PM
    Scott:

Sir, I am done corresponding with you on both a personal and non-personal level. I am therefore delegating the responsibility of answering any question you might pose to one of my interested fellow referees, and they are free to respond as they choose.

As a personal favour to Douglas Loyd, I am going to be working on a Skiing 3B score of 27.88-27.94 or 27.96 range when I return. I am reasonably certain I did those, and have a faint recollection of a 27.7x as well which might have been when I finally gave that one up, but I am certain I did a few sub-28's in the low-.9x and high .8x range. Of this I am certain. Douglas will get this as a courtesy as he personally asked me to do so. And I am honouring my commitment to Douglas to do so.

David, I am also certainly going to try to get as low as 27.75 again, maybe just 27.79 but very very close. Allow me some time. This is a personal challenge as my own registered best is a meager 28.19 if I remember correctly, but I can smash this (28.19) easily, and have no doubt that I will be uner 28 again. However, won't start until I return from FS.

As for the \"Starmaster\" challenges, as well as your own prior challenge of the 27.51, I think I have to admit dropping that ball on that one. I will address this one after the FS trip with Todd.

Scott, my next communication involving you will be relating to the outcome of the Asteroids issue. You are due the courtesy of seeing the outcome once it is ready for release. However, I am done engaging in a battle of quotes. Knock yourself out, however.

Next, I am no longer responding to anything, and I mean anything, that is not directly related to the EMU split project phase as is the title of this particular thread. As the purpose of this thread is to service the gaming community for the reclass project, my not responding to non-EMU issues brought forth in this thread is in my mind not a disservice but rather a means to an end. This is simply not the forum for this. We have other forums. I encourage you to use them appropriately. You will find that they can be most effective when used appropriately.

One last mention to Scott and then I am done with him...your DK issue. Why did you keep giving the different cartridge excuse every time the matter was brought up? The answer is simple. This was an internal TG decision. A senior level TG referee engaged in an action that was not authorized. We corrected this internally. This is NOT an issue meant for the gaming community to know of, dwell on, etc. I do not ask you what internal decisions happen at \"Digital Press\". I presume that gamers working in the same hobby in the media would have the common courtesy not to presume to ask such of TG.

End of Message
  8. Re: Open reply to RMRUCZEK

11-09-2006, 04:57 AM
    Sorry Robert, but you couldn't be more wrong. This issue affects ALL players who have scores in the database, particularly the 2600 section b/c it comes down to a question of fairness. You're now using the excuse that Todd's DK score was never properly verified as the reason for removing it, yet the SAME PROBLEM exists with nearly all of Ron's scores and you left those up. For the past year, the reason was he might have a different cart (\"might\", b/c nobody has proven it one way or the other yet). And before that, the excuse was- he took too many breaks. You even had a rule added to the database entry afterwards b/c of this one. So that's no less than 3 different reasons you've given for removing it...

Walter himself just said open discussions lead to truth, and he's right. The only possible reason I can think of that you'd want to sweep this under the rug is b/c you don't want to own up to the truth. And the truth is, Ron entered Todd's DK score into the database before he left. It's the only possible explanation for what really happened.

Ya know Robert, if you had been honest with us from the beginning about this whole issue, you could have saved everyone involved a lot of time, and avoided publicly embarrassing yourself.
  9. Re: Open reply to RMRUCZEK

11-09-2006, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stonic
    Sorry Robert, but you couldn't be more wrong. This issue affects ALL players who have scores in the database, particularly the 2600 section b/c it comes down to a question of fairness. You're now using the excuse that Todd's DK score was never properly verified as the reason for removing it, yet the SAME PROBLEM exists with nearly all of Ron's scores and you left those up. For the past year, the reason was he might have a different cart ("might", b/c nobody has proven it one way or the other yet). And before that, the excuse was- he took too many breaks. You even had a rule added to the database entry afterwards b/c of this one. So that's no less than 3 different reasons you've given for removing it...

Walter himself just said open discussions lead to truth, and he's right. The only possible reason I can think of that you'd want to sweep this under the rug is b/c you don't want to own up to the truth. And the truth is, Ron entered Todd's DK score into the database before he left. It's the only possible explanation for what really happened.

Ya know Robert, if you had been honest with us from the beginning about this whole issue, you could have saved everyone involved a lot of time, and avoided publicly embarrassing yourself.
    That about sums it up.....
  10. 11-09-2006, 06:38 PM
    Dear Gamers,

Thank God for Robert Mruczek. He has been the glue that has kept Twin Galaxies going for quite a long time. He is brilliant and honest and completely devoted to the welfare of the hobby and the player.

It is a good thing to give him your sincere support.

walter
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Join us