Phase One (G-2) - Under Five (5) Scores

1. OK as Orig NTSC

11-07-2006, 09:39 PM
    Hi Sniderman:

Your score is in the master database as Orig NTSC...all is well, and thanks for the clarification as well as the goal of Halloween.

How cool that you did this score on Oct31. Perhaps this should be an annual goal for you, as well as trying TCM !! Good luck in your quest to set a new top score.

Robert
  2. 11-14-2006, 10:04 AM
    The under 5 list needs to be updated for the following:

From Atari Age:

1 Manuel Rotschkar - PAL Console
    4 Thomas Jentzsch - ALL PAL, NO EMU
  3. 11-14-2006, 03:02 PM
    From Atari Age:

2 Mark Marrese - NTSC console - CONFIRMED
  4. 11-14-2006, 10:35 PM
    Slowly but surely :) And everyday brings new hope to it being closer to completion. Keep em coming Troy ^^

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  5. Re: Thanks !!

11-14-2006, 11:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RMRUCZEK
    I never actually saw a "Halloween" cart
    That would explain why his score was auto-tagged as emu. A simple Google search for "Atari 2600 Halloween" shows a wealth of info ;)

In "Texas Chainsaw", you have a limited amount of fuel/gas for each life and can earn slightly more with extra kills, but no one to date has ever marathoned it.
    That's b/c it's not possible too. You lose fuel faster than you can earn it. I could have sworn there was a thread somewhere here that mentioned it having a theoretical score limit but I can't find it.
  6. TCM

12-15-2006, 12:48 PM
    Scott:

Mike Morrow calculated what he thought might be the \"maximum\" range for this cart. He envisioned it at one point at or near the 50K range a long time ago.

For the longest time the game's record was either 14K or 17K andwas eventually upped to 21/22K range. Mike later took it up a notch further to at least 28K and possibly more, I can't remember. But he felt it had the potential to reach at or near the 50K mark.

Next, if I remember correctly, we discussed the importance of when both the first and second life would expire. The last thing you want is to waste fuel by finishing the 2nd life very close to the next extra tank.

Additionally, the majority of the score is made on your last life.

Robert
  7. 01-02-2007, 02:53 PM
    Wow, I haven't been around for a while. I gotta send in some more tapes....
    Anyway, my two scores were both on an NTSC Atari 2600.

Expect another Carnival score to replace my old one soon... :D
    (My only goal this Winter Break is to get my tapes in, since they've been sitting around for over a year)

Good luck on this project! I hope it turns out well!

----------------
    Chase Hermsen

P.S. There are so many threads about this project that I had no idea where to post this. :P
  8. Re: Phase One (G-2) - Under Five (5) Scores

01-02-2007, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RMRUCZEK
    Carnival Game 1, Difficulty B Orig NTSC Chase A Hermsen
    Sky Diver Game 1, Difficulty B Orig NTSC Chase A Hermsen
    Thanks Chase. :) Every little helps & if you know of other gamers this may have an impact on, please ask them to drop by.
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  9. 03-03-2007, 12:14 PM
    Annnnd for some reason, my score has been purged completely from the web site, and my name appears on an unconvirmed list recently posted by Kelly.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9319

Would someone mind telling me why I bothered to confirm my score as requested if it was just going to enmd up ignored and removed anyway?
  10. 03-03-2007, 09:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman
    Would someone mind telling me why I bothered to confirm my score as requested if it was just going to enmd up ignored and removed anyway?
    Oh no, not removed... it's unpublished. That means it's still there, just not visible. It should be back up right away.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us