Emu Split Status - Update

1. Emu Split Status - Update

12-19-2006, 01:44 AM
    I'm just wishing to let everyone know that this project WILL continue on in the absence of Robert. I have all relevant documentation emailed to me now and thanks to Andrew Mee, additional information here.

I intend to resume this project roughly the first week in Janurary. The reason for this lengthy delay is because I also have recieved a vast amount of paperwork and documentation pertaining to other aspects and issues, and I wish to have the proper time to go through this all properly.

In addition, this delay is also due to it being the holidays and it now being 6 days till Christmas, and as well, my personal training for an In The Groove 2 Tournament being held locally right after Christmas that runs till roughly New Year's Eve.

Please be assured, this project will continue on and everyone's feedback will be considered when taking the final steps.

I greatly appreciate all the feedback from you guys, and especially the assistance from Andrew Mee and Troy Whelan who managed to accumalate a lot of information from Atari Age. This has made the project a lot easier to deal with and go smoother then even I figured.

It's a large task, but when it's all said and done, I am sure everyone will be satisfied with the results.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  2. 12-19-2006, 02:28 AM
    plus, you and all the refs should take the week off or at least take it easy for the week and enjoy the holidays.

Happy Holidays!
    --Rick Carter
    My streaming broadcast channel: www.justin.tv/permafrostrick
  3. 01-13-2007, 07:20 PM
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

The score reclassification has now come underway! Due to the architecture of the TG site, scores that are reclassified are now popping up on the front page as a NEW WR. Please ignore this for the time being as it's not intentional.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  4. 01-15-2007, 10:58 PM
    Alright, some new information for everyone.

I've updated the master list as best I could and will be getting things off to my volunteers, so a lot of score entries are going to be popping up in the next while, so my apologies for the confusion.

Now... to the heart of the matter. We've done as much as we can do to get people confirmed, barring full page ads in major newspapers and the like ^^;;

But all kidding aside, the fact of the matter is, there's still a good chunk of unconfirmed users at the moment. What is going to be done in the upcoming weeks, is I'm going to be compiling a master list [or lists] on the forums and lock it. This/These list[s] will be composed of all gamers who we've been unable to be in contact with during these past few months, and their associated scores. I will also make a duplicate copy in the Classic Consoles forum to ensure more likely reading by many parties who may have passed on this forum thinking it irrelevant to their daily forum reading.

At that point, all the scores that fall into the above category will be unpublished until time comes that we are able to contact the gamer[s] in question or they contact us. When this happens, we can properly confirm things and re-publish their scores accordingly.

This is the fairest method to which can be done to ensure integrity is maintained on this issue.

Thank you all for your exceptional patience in the matter and through the forthcoming weeks as this nears its ultimate conclusion.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  5. 01-16-2007, 07:05 AM
    When/where was it announced that the freeze on entering new Atari 2600 scores in the database was lifted?
  6. 01-16-2007, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stonic
    When/where was it announced that the freeze on entering new Atari 2600 scores in the database was lifted?
    I think you misunderstood the post above as the freeze has not been lifted. We are performing the split and reclassifying scores as outlined above. This is separate from entering new scores. New scores cannot be entered until the task defined above is complete.

Troy
  7. 01-16-2007, 01:34 PM
    Thanks
Join us