Any Neo Geo owners here?

1. Any Neo Geo owners here?

04-30-2007, 07:27 PM
    *raises hand*

I only own only 4 games now, The King of Fighters '94, '98, Baseball Stars 2, and Samurai Shodown II. Had I kept everything I might have had about 14, but that was back in the day when home carts had huge print runs and used ones didn't cost that much more than a new SNES cart. The joysticks are my favorite part of the system. They were solid, accurate and responsive. My only gripe is that the ball would occasionally get unscrewed while I'm playing. I wouldn't mind getting back into picking up carts again, but the home cart scene has gotten out of control with all the collector's drama that has built up over the last 10 years artificially inflating the prices.

If anything, I hope SNK Playmore converts all of their games to the Wii VC. There are a lot of gems that would never get to see the light of day again (outside emulation) if they don't.
  2. Re: Any Neo Geo owners here?

04-30-2007, 10:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by winslowe
    *raises hand*

I only own only 4 games now, The King of Fighters '94, '98, Baseball Stars 2, and Samurai Shodown II.
    JC, There's currently NO submissions for the Neo Geo AES system. I'd be happy to establish variations for these titles if you'd care to submit. :) It'll mean I'll have more incentive to buy one ^^

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  3. Re: Any Neo Geo owners here?

05-01-2007, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
    There's currently NO submissions for the Neo Geo AES system.
    REALLY now? Well, I may just have to do something about that! As it happens, I own a Neo Geo AES and about a dozen games for it (none of which are among winslowe's four). Maybe I should bring it to Funspot and show it off and inaugurate some records.

On second thought, that may prove problematic. I've seen dictionaries smaller than the cartridges. That would be a LOT of volume I'd be occupying. I'll have to wait and see. - ZM
  4. Re: Any Neo Geo owners here?

05-01-2007, 10:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
    REALLY now? Well, I may just have to do something about that! As it happens, I own a Neo Geo AES and about a dozen games for it (none of which are among winslowe's four). Maybe I should bring it to Funspot and show it off and inaugurate some records.

Adam, I'd TOTALLY be down for this and would love to aid in the inaugurating of records ^^

And yeah, I know whatcha mean... the MVS carts are also monstrous! I'm borrowing a Neo Geo 4 slot [for life?] and bought Magical Drop II and wow... mind you it was even larger as I bought a custom case for it. The games I have on loan took up so much space!

But then one MUST have Metal Slug X around ;)

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  5. 05-01-2008, 07:43 PM
    I'm glad to see that this system has been brought to Nintendo's virtual console. Back in the day I had never seen this system and knew of nobody who owned one.
    Andrew Furrer

The two records I will always have a deep respect for....

11/13/1994....Drew Bledsoe 45 completions in one game
    11/13/1982....Scott Safran 41,336,440 points on Asteroids
  6. Re: Any Neo Geo owners here?

05-02-2008, 02:46 AM
    [quote=Mr. Kelly R. Flewin]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr. Kelly R. Flewin":1ig63hh6

Adam, I'd TOTALLY be down for this and would love to aid in the inaugurating of records ^^

And yeah, I know whatcha mean... the MVS carts are also monstrous! I'm borrowing a Neo Geo 4 slot [for life?] and bought Magical Drop II and wow... mind you it was even larger as I bought a custom case for it. The games I have on loan took up so much space!

But then one MUST have Metal Slug X around ;)

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin[/quote:1ig63hh6]

Hmm... Soon as me and JD get our machine repaired then i would also like to submit some games.
  7. Re: Any Neo Geo owners here?

07-05-2009, 12:47 PM
    I'd love to have one. And sorry, but yes I'm mostly making this post really to FINALLY get gyromite's name OFF the main index.

*wonders longingly how MDIII plays on a real cabinet*
    Please join: International Classic Gaming Federation and GU

Paul's Gamer Zone Arcade/Game room in Canton Ohio. Worth a visit...or 100.

"I say, I say, figures every time I add 2 and 2 I get a four legged smart aleck machine"

Max At Once WR's: 30 2/5/09

Zelda E2Q Progress: 75%
  8. Re: Any Neo Geo owners here?

07-05-2009, 10:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeo
    I'd love to have one. And sorry, but yes I'm mostly making this post really to FINALLY get gyromite's name OFF the main index.

Insane. Let me tell you, it was like... unreal. Si Janna and I talked about this at Funspot, and the huge difference from using a Keyboard... it's like night and day. Also an absolute PITA to find, let me tell you. [Without spending a small fortune]

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  9. Re: Any Neo Geo owners here?

07-06-2009, 08:23 PM
    I sold mine :( Had 14 games and a caring case 2 controlers.... I miss it already.

B
    "I don't even like Peach! Why do I want to save her?"
    Brandon Y. LeCroy

Your Mom (Speed Run) - WR - 0:00:08.3
  10. Re: Any Neo Geo owners here?

07-06-2009, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeo
    You end up tapping the joystick back and forth so fast that it looks like your spasming at the machine. For added effect, bend your knees a bit and start raising your voice like you're charging a Kamehameha. Did that before, got some weird looks. Good times :lol:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us