Deca2K7 - Out Run [Official Discussion Thread]

1. Deca2K7 - Out Run [Official Discussion Thread]

05-08-2007, 09:58 AM
    Alright... Klax is out, Out Run is now up to take over.

My apologies for this being so long.. internet died 2 days ago and only now back up and running. Tim's also been swamped, so it doesn't help matters either. If Tim has no problem, I can take on verifying Out Run scores for the time being.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  2. 05-08-2007, 10:14 AM
    So, are the off-road techniques allowed or banned?
  3. 05-08-2007, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by deadful_melody
    So, are the off-road techniques allowed or banned?
    I beg your pardon? What off-road techniques? [blinks and gets allfiery eyed]

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  4. 05-08-2007, 10:32 AM
    I haven't done this myself, but apparently you can turn completely off the road at certain points and just drive through an empty field, cutting off large chunks of the course. All the highest Japanese scores (60 million+) are set in this manner. There's a thread in the forum someplace where it was being discussed.
  5. Outrun

05-08-2007, 10:44 AM
    Kelly:

David Nelson used to play this a LOT at Funspot with Ken Sweet...he can provide you with additional insight. Send him a PM to \"BERNARD\".

Robert
  6. 05-08-2007, 03:02 PM
    thank god, i've always hated Klax.
    I did get through 7 waves though, which is way further than i've ever gotten.
    Guess the Deca does bring out the PB's in everyone though.
  7. 05-08-2007, 03:22 PM
    Rubbish :)

Outrun was the first ever WR that I posted to TG. I did this as a joke (score was about 4M), and also because I thought that TG wouldn't accept such a low score: At the time Outrun wasn't tracked and Robert M added it for me.

The courtesy I got through that actually re-ignited my love of video gaming.

Still - should make my 10% on this one.

Don't forget - currently Mr Robert Macauley is getting my $50 (woo-hoo)

Rich
  8. 05-08-2007, 04:43 PM
    Here's the offroad technique explanation:
    http://www.outrun.org/other/arcade.html

You can see it in action at MARP. The parent allows the trick and the clones are for those who want to play without it.
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
  9. 05-08-2007, 05:06 PM
    Ouch, an analog steering wheel would be nice for this game.
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
  10. tricks are a no no

05-08-2007, 08:12 PM
    I would certainly hope this trick would be banned from the Deca competition, that almost seems like a no-brainer, but will it be too difficult to notice if someone is using this trick. I have to admit I'm unfamiliar with this trick myself.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us