Wave Race 64

1. Wave Race 64

08-26-2005, 02:53 PM
    I was checking the WR 64 Bounty some days ago and decided to play a little bit to see how hard this bounty may be. I started playing all the tracks to get used to the game again. The last time I played it was like 2 years ago. After warming-up in all tracks, I headed for Twilight City. The current Fast Lap WR is 27.517 seconds. I played for 3 hours but got nothing at all. Obviously, I was not expecting to achieve it, but, with my current strat, It will be difficult to reach 28\"XX, let alone 27.517. I know what is the best player to be used and I have some experience in Racing Games (Check www.mariokart64.com). So, the only thing that comes to my mind is that my strat is not the most suitable. I also would like to know where I can find the current WRs (Time Trial) of all tracks. Hopefuly someone can help me out.

Thanks in Advance.
  2. 08-27-2005, 11:44 AM
    same problem i had, i did basically the same thing as you and ended up with a time of like 29seconds. i was amazed at the score.
    I like to destroy games... especially the ones with Mario in them.
  3. 08-27-2005, 11:45 AM
    sorry, i forgot https://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=22
    look up wave race and you should be able to find the world records.
    I like to destroy games... especially the ones with Mario in them.
  4. 08-27-2005, 12:50 PM
    Thank you, Andrew! I searched some sites, including the link you gave me, and found some awesome times.
    The WR64 World Champion is probably my friend Jason Whalls. However, it's been very hard to see him lately. I should send him an e-mail. See you 8)
  5. 09-17-2005, 06:29 PM
    I have a question for the referees: Is the PAL version of Wave Race 64 which runs 20% slower also be allowed?
    So the NTSC WR would be 33\"020(4) for us PAL players. Believe me there is no difference in gameplay in Time Trial except the 50/60Hz issue known from other older games.

Btw. who has gotten that (no-longer) WR ?
  6. 09-18-2005, 06:45 AM
    I believe the WR holder is Jason Whalls. At leats, he used to have most of them :)
  7. 09-18-2005, 11:42 AM
    Thanks. Yes he has some very good times but they are nearly all beatable. He just has 3 (2 in the near future) crazy lap records remaining:

Here is a full list of the current record holder:

---Course--- ---Best Time--- ---Best Lap---
    Sunny Beach: Ilari Pekkala (PAL), Ilari Pekkala (PAL)
    Sunset Bay: Eise Smit (PAL), Eise Smit (PAL)
    Drake Lake: Stefan Mahrla (PAL), Stefan Mahrla (PAL)
    Port Blue: Stefan Mahrla (PAL), Jason Whalls (NTSC)
    Marine Fortress: Stefan Mahrla (PAL), Jason Whalls (NTSC)
    Twilight City: Stefan Mahrla (PAL), Jason Whalls (NTSC)
    Glacier Coast: Stefan Mahrla (PAL), Stefan Mahrla (PAL)
    Southern Island: Steven Swartjes (PAL), Eise Smit (PAL)
  8. Times

09-18-2005, 03:38 PM
    Would you mind posting all WRs here? If you know the WR holders I assumed you know the times, too. Thanks :)

P.S-> Do you happen to know what is the strat used on Twilight City for the Flap?
  9. 09-19-2005, 11:32 AM
    First I have a correction for Sunset Bay, Stefan Mahrla also has both WRs for this track. Sorry Mahrla :roll: .

Sorry I don't have much time to do a WR list now, just take a look at cyberscore.net or the N64 Highscores site which you should know I think :) .

Of course I have the strat for his flap :lol: . But we have no clue how he has done the other two lap records. Do you know something we don't know :wink: ?

@Referees
    Is it possible to film other records beside Arcade or PC (DOOM3) with a cam to prove the record? Shipping a VHS tape to USA isn't that cheap ya know :? .
  10. 09-19-2005, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningDeath
    @Referees
    Is it possible to film other records beside Arcade or PC (DOOM3) with a cam to prove the record? Shipping a VHS tape to USA isn't that cheap ya know :? .
    Camera is always an option, as long as you mean a real camera and not a webcam. But you'll still have to send the tape, so not much difference between that and the VHS tape. Make sure to contact the referee first to make sure he can view the tape format you are sending.
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us