YOUR 2007 MAME DECATHLON WINNER!

1. YOUR 2007 MAME DECATHLON WINNER!

08-14-2007, 11:54 AM
    Alright, after a patient wait for everything, and J.D. nearly putting himself at my gallows, things have worked out and I can finally announce the official WINNER!

Congratulations to Martin Bedard who took the whole thing 854.06%!

Also, not to be overlooked is Paul McCallon who came in 2nd place with 786.48% and Robert McCauley who popped in at 3rd with 448.05%.

This was a hard fought Deca with 17 people managing to qualify. Sadly not many others joined in.. kinda sad.. but it was still an awesome event none the less and I am glad for all who joined us!

As a quick note of interest, Martin had 4 top scores and Paul had 5 top scores, but J.D. Lowe seemed to be quite intent on buggering it for both of them by keeping 1 top score in Devil World for himself ;)

Heh.

Anyways, thank you all so much for making this event the wonderful event it was. And Martin, come November, you'll be recieving something for your win. :) [And not Karaoke... or Paris Hilton]

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  2. 08-14-2007, 01:00 PM
    I'll trade you a suitcase+camera for it Kelly :).

Good game to all Deca players, looking forward to next year.
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
  3. 08-14-2007, 01:09 PM
    Hello Martin

You is a incredible player, I hope one day to have the same skills like you!!!

Congrats :wink:
  4. 08-14-2007, 01:16 PM
    Congratz Martin. Hope to meet you when I go to Funspot in November and play some soul Calibur 2 against you. Rock on.
  5. 08-14-2007, 04:16 PM
    Oh, yes, congrats (again).
  6. 08-14-2007, 05:24 PM
    Thanks to all of the referees (especially J.D., for the nifty scoreboard!), and thanks to all of the other players for participating.

Congratulations again Martin.

Looking forwards to next year...... :twisted:
  7. Congratulations !!

08-14-2007, 05:31 PM
    Martin, Paul and Robert:

Nicely done !! This was a most unique mix of titles and I am still amazed at how with so many varied skillsets necessary to come out on top, there are always players who answer the call and go above and beyond.

Awesome performances, guys !!

Robert
  8. 08-14-2007, 06:19 PM
    Congrats, Martin, Paul, and Robert; as always, there are players that seem to be able to go above and beyond what's needed gameplay-wise!

Thanks to all the other refs, Kelly most of all, for being able to help each other out at the drop of a hat.

Thanks to the players for putting up with the scoreboard during the first couple of weeks where there were lots of glitches; obviously, the glitches live in on in the realm of Why Does SQL Hate JD-land, but still, you guys rock!

Martin, if I weren't saving up money specifically for going to Funspot, let alone preparing for a young lady to meet there, I'd be hooking you up with some kind of aweso-prize come November.
    - Jeffrey "J.D." Lowe
    Anything that I have written on or after 3/3/11 does not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Twin Galaxies International.
    Collection Of Games
  9. 08-14-2007, 07:24 PM
    Thanks all.

Getting to meet some new people at Funspot sounds like a good enough prize to me.
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
  10. 08-15-2007, 04:24 AM
    My APOLOGIES!!! (I am such a scatter-brain today...) :oops:

And a special thanks to Rich Shearman for his generous $50 second place prize (rapidly e-mailed to me right after the Deca was finished, I might add!).
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us