Explain your Name and/or Avatar

1. 03-12-2008, 08:35 AM
    Story time, boys and girls!

Handle:

It was a cold *insert day here* in 1996. I was at the end of my 8th grade in high school, and me and my friends were a very ecclectic group. We came up with weird nicknames for ourselves, either naming each other or coming up on our own.

At the time, I was finally learning to truly appreciate Monty Python (I was raised on British humor (or humour :p ), such as Danger Mouse, Are You Being Served, Benny Hill, etc.), and I fell in love with the Llama Sketch (all in Spanish, things along those lines). Something about how surreal it was just stuck with me. I decided that my nickname would be \"Drunken Llama\", just to make it a tad bit more off-kilter.

I went home and told my Mom about my new nickname, and she said \"Well, the initials for that are 'DL', you should make something for a J so it will be YOUR initials! You know, like Jester, or Jedi!\"

Jedi Drunken Llama it was.

Ever since then, my online handle has either been \"JediDrunkenLlama\", or \"jdllama\" if there wasn't enough room.

Strong Bad, from Homestar Runner. In fact, it's his \"Poot Slap\" dance. No, it's not a bad term or anything akin to it. It's just an awesome name. Used to be the Burgertime Chef, what with my previous obsession with Burgertime.
    - Jeffrey "J.D." Lowe
    Anything that I have written on or after 3/3/11 does not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Twin Galaxies International.
    Collection Of Games
  2. 03-12-2008, 08:41 AM
    Someone I worked with started calling me Fred Flintstone. I fit his body shape to a tee.
  3. 03-12-2008, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jdllama
    It was a cold *insert day here* in 1996. I was at the end of my 8th grade in high school, and me and my friends were a very ecclectic group. We came up with weird nicknames for ourselves, either naming each other or coming up on our own.
    Man, I'm an old fart. I graduated college in 1996. :-P

Well, I'm a drummer so way back in HS I earned the nickname of 'Animal' obv from the muppet of the same name.

The "dc" part started when I joined a band called Devilcake back in 2000 or 2001. It was a heavy metal band that sang only about food. So, "dc" was for Devilcake or Devil Cake. It morphed form one word to two words based on the bar that we were playing at. I don't even think the other members honestly knew which way it should go. No matter. I think I left the band in... 2004 or 2005 'cause I just wasn't enjoying it any more. Around the same period I got into circuit bending as a hobby. In most cases, the toys I bent were battery powered. So from that, a new meaning of the "dc" part became to be about the dc current that my projects were powered by.

Voila Viola! dc_animal. :-)

Now, someone else can embarass themselves.
  4. 03-12-2008, 10:47 AM
    Hey everybody...

I have always entered \"E\" onto the high score tables, or (space) E (space) to be precise. And i always hated it when a game would not allow the blank space entry, forcing me to enter a -(dash), or a period (.) etc.

Zotmeister, i had no clue about your avatar, but i like it in a weird sort of way....it kind of looks like a smug pig/mouse ? with a hat on holding a cigarette,,great facial expression.

Eric
  5. 03-12-2008, 12:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dc_animal
    Around the same period I got into circuit bending as a hobby. In most cases, the toys I bent were battery powered.
    Sweet, I played around with this back in the day. We didn't even know it was called bending (maybe it wasn't back in the late 90's). Did you ever record anything? I've had a hard time finding many good "bending symphonies".
    Quote Originally Posted by E
    And i always hated it when a game would not allow the blank space entry, forcing me to enter a -(dash), or a period (.) etc.
    Sometimes you don't even get the dash or the period. My initials are WW3 when shortened to 3 characters (Although I like roman numerals better = WWIII). I have no middle name. I've played games where I can't do WW3 (no numbers), I can't do WW , WW-, WW., WW!, or WW? because none of those symbols were there, and I have to settle for WWW (or sometimes WWX) instead.

I don't know how I forgot to mention this, I've also had some ink done that I used as an avatar before (and will again):
    http://image.aminus3.com/image/g0004...d5a7_large.jpg
  6. Re: Explain your Name and/or Avatar

03-12-2008, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTe
    And RaGe, what was your previous avatar (the spooky black and green character)? It was my favorite on TG!
    I believe I came across him on a Japanese anime website back in my Quake days. I figured he'd make a good alternate avatar, as he looks full of RaGe! :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Griffin
    SanTe, your description of the "36th Chamber..." movie made me want to watch it!
    Robert, if you're a fan of martial art flicks, 36th Chamber is a must!
  7. 03-12-2008, 06:53 PM
    I got my game name from way back when I was playing my nephew on Unreal Tournament.

He was quite good, so I started to dodge / run away when he tried to kill me.

Then he called me \"uncle chicken!!\" when i used to run away a lot.

I thought it was a cool and totally random name, so I use it on online games and forums now.

My avatar is of my pet Lutino Kakariki, Kasim.
  8. 03-12-2008, 09:21 PM
    <===My new avatar (one that I've been using for a while in other places, just haven't gotten to uploading it here until recently), is one of Tron Bonne's little Servbots (Kobun in the Japanese games) getting a pat on the head from the boss lady herself. They originally come from the Mega Man Legends series of games for the original Playstation and seem to turn up from time to time in other Capcom games (Dead Rising, anyone?). This guy is actually a PVC figure that I bought a while back together with Tron Bonne. There is also a red-topped 'favorite' version (from The Misadventures of Tron Bonne) that came with an alternate color Tron.

Winslowe is the last name of the very first fictional character I created way back in Junior High, Brandon Winslowe, P.I. While it's a storyline that I still want to develop into a novel, graphic novel or comic book series someday, I've put it on the back burner until I finish up with my current ongoing project, Fast Food.

I also used Winslowe as my call sign back when I used to play Tesla II Battletech in the early years of me frequenting/working at Lazer Park in NYC (c. 1997-2001). That was the proprietary version of a Mechwarrior simulator they used before the current BT:Firestorm, which is based off of Mechwarrior 4. I even used it on my very first Tesla I Battletech game I played back in 1994, at the grand opening of the Las Vegas Virtual World site. I also tend to use it on any game that involves piloting of some sort, where space allows.

I was fiddling with the idea of changing my board name to masterLEON, an evolved form of my arcade initials, to keep it in line with some of the other boards I go to, as well as my own gaming website. I don't know how else to go about it other than to create a new account. If there's an administrative way to do it, someone let me know.
  9. 03-13-2008, 01:01 AM
    My avitar is a picture of UNCLE MARTIN from the old tv show MY FAVORITE MARTIAN...I loved that show.

My name ..is after the printer on my desk......Lexmark.

10. 03-13-2008, 04:44 AM
    Mario is my not only my favorite game character but it's also my name.

I used to use the name mogley on xbox live when I was heavy into competitive halo, so I had this picture to go along. It stuck because I think it's a really neat picture. I love the wonkey eyed mogley

My older avatar is the logo for aphex twin. One of my favorite musicians.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Join us