Explain your Name and/or Avatar

1. 03-13-2008, 09:43 AM
    My screen name is obviously my name.

When the CBS game Wizard of Wor was released for the Atari 2600 in the 80's, I was a big fan of Wizard of Wor in the arcades. I was not very good, but I liked the game. I bought the game new and there was an insert to compete for high score and you would earn a medal; similar to earning the Activision patches. Since I had most of the Activision patches, I had to get the medal. I eventually reached the score goal, took a picture, and sent it in to earn my medal. I have no idea what score was needed as I no longer have the flier. My avatar is a picture of the medal that I earned and still have. :)

Troy
  2. 03-13-2008, 03:07 PM
    Well, My avatar is my DigDug stained glass. The nick name I actually got from a couple girls while I was at camp ground when I was 15. Trying to get with two girls at the same time and somehow I got called a scoundrel ;) It stuck thru my gaming career as killing everything in site and not leaving guys any room to breathe will also get you called a scoundrel. Its truncated to Scoundrl because most early games only allowed 8 characters so the E had to go, and has stayed gone every since.

-Ken
  3. 03-14-2008, 02:10 AM
    RMacauley is fairly self explanatory. I've never had an avatar due to not having any personal web space to link to. As for the quote, I really like the Blues Brothers movie. I could possibly refer back to John Belushi based on body shape but without the comic talent or weird substances involved.

Cheers

Rob
    It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
  4. 03-14-2008, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RMacauley
    RMacauley is fairly self explanatory. I've never had an avatar due to not having any personal web space to link to. As for the quote, I really like the Blues Brothers movie. I could possibly refer back to John Belushi based on body shape but without the comic talent or weird substances involved.

Cheers

Rob
    who needs webspace with websites like imageshack.us :)
  5. 03-14-2008, 06:43 PM
    oh man... looks like I haven't done this yet so here we go.

Original screen name back in the day was notted as thebeav unfortunetly that only stuck until I was done with high school back in 99... and yes I know what you mean about feeling old. Anyway. I went and changed it to Taker6660 for a while and didn't feel like really changing it but there were too many bots spaming me on AIM... so finally I settled on something I figured would happen once I became of age and got into a band. I would be a rock star! Well it hasn't happened yet. Many offers have been given and none taken since I am too focused on school and work right now to care about music. This is even the reason why I gave up running or even going to karaoke. Now don't get me wrong I will go to karaoke if I am feeling it, but I really have to be in a mood for it. So until that time comes around I just want \"to be a rock star\". As such i took the name and swung it around and Rockstartobe is how it was born.

Avitar: Samus was the closest thing to gaming gif I had at the time of the creation of this account. Plus I mean come on... it's Samus Aran!!!!

Note the gif that will show up below this is an attempt to make an avitar that didn't quite work because of the size. So as such I have made it my \"banner\" for my signature. If you can't tell what it says. It reads \"Twin Galaxies\".

Well lot of work to do for school.. gotta get!

Latorz
  6. 03-14-2008, 06:57 PM
    Hi guys
    Well, more recently I go by the nickname PacWhiz...
    but to explain Jelle147 (which I've only used for the last 2? yrs maybe):

I have no middle name believe it or not, because i was named after my Grandpa on my Dad's side, who did not have a middle name either.
    But darnit everybody was always talking about what their middle initial or \"2nd name\" (as the Dutch say) was, and it was a convo i could not partake in, so... i decided to give myself a middle name lol.
    The name Jelle comes from the Dutch province of Zeeland, and it's one I've always liked. I know it would sound like \"jelly\" in english lol but oh well. It's actually pronounced \"Yell-le\" the 1st part 'yell' pronounced as in english, the 2nd part pronounced as in the french (masculine) word for 'the'.
    Anyway my Grandpa on my Mom's side had the initials \"A.J.\" so i thought it would be cool to have the same initials, my first name being Aart (you may pronounce it 'Art' coz i have no idea how to explain the precise pronunciation, other than telling you to fake a smile while saying 'Art' lol).

As for the 147 part:
    I'm a huuuuGe fan of the english game of snooker, what a great game!!
    I also play it online. The highest 'normal' break you can achieve in snooker is... 147! (unless your opponent fouls at the start of the frame and leaves you a free ball with all 15 reds still on the table... in which case a 155 is possible, but i won't get into that :P)
    Also, my house # is 147, I've lived in this apartment for the past 10 yrs now come april '08 (initially with my brother but we only lasted 7 yrs in the same house together lol).

And i guess my avatar is fairly obvious...
    So there ya go :twisted:
    I think i actually like PacWhiz better, but since you can't change your nick here, i'll just stick to both 8)

Ciao4now :wink:
    Aart van Vliet
    Den Haag,
    The Netherlands
  7. 03-15-2008, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockstartobe
    Note the gif that will show up below this is an attempt to make an avitar that didn't quite work because of the size. So as such I have made it my "banner" for my signature. If you can't tell what it says. It reads "Twin Galaxies".
    Looks more like Spinal Tap's "Smell the Glove" album cover to me. :)

EDIT: It's fixed now. It was totally black for a while.
  8. 03-16-2008, 05:10 PM
    Yippie!
    Got nickname changed from Jelle147 to PacWhiz :D
    Thx Mr. Flewin 8)

Do i gotta eggsplain dis one too? :roll:
    Well okay, i guess it should be \"MsPac-Whiz\" but i didn't wanna go there for obvious reasons lol.
  9. 03-16-2008, 09:53 PM
    My avatar Robotcity is easy, I like to play Arcade games with robots
    in them. Kid Flash is a great avatar, I used to read the Flash comics
    all the time when I was younger. Almost had a complete set. Phil Y.
  10. 03-18-2008, 12:28 PM
    Oxx is a nickname I got tagged with when I was around 8 yrs old.

I was quite a bit bigger than most of my friends and since Ochsenkiel is a tough name to pronounce :D ,(oxx-en-keel) the nickname stuck to me like glue. The 3 letters work well for arcade machine high scores as well.

Tempest rocks, so that avatar was a easy choice for me. Now all I have to do is find a upright tempest machine in decent shape :lol:

Chris
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Join us