Explain your Name and/or Avatar

1. 08-08-2008, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKongFan
    To Aart/PacWhiz, you never did say what your avatar was from, it's not necessarily obvious to everyone, I don't know what it's from ;)
    Heya Fred! ;)
    Yeah my avatar used to be a MsPacMan icon, so that's why there was no need to explain it. After my March 14th post, I got my nickname changed, and later i started using a different avatar. The firy panther is just a pic i came across last year, i have no clue what it's from or if it's even from anything in particular, i just like it 8)
    Ciao4now!
  2. 08-08-2008, 11:01 AM
    My name is simply my last name. Snapp

My avatar is a picture of an old school skateboarder by the name of Jay Adams. Not my hero in any sense (he's been in & out of trouble with the law for at least 20 years), more like a mentor when I was still skateboarding. Not that it applies here, but I just retired from skateboarding last year, after 31 years.
    Above & beyond that, I have always liked his \"take no crap\" attitude.
    He's always had a \"give it 100% of what you've got\" attitude towards just about anything he's done. Perhaps I'm trying to bring a little bit of that with me, in regards to classic gaming..I dunno.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it

~Brian
  3. 08-10-2008, 12:01 PM
    TriForce is my real name and I feel that my avatar really describes who I am, especially when it is a real life picture of me.
  4. 08-10-2008, 12:19 PM
    My username is Jason Shoulders because my real name is Jason Shoulders. My avatar at this writing is an animated version of Pac-Man most notably present on the original Pac-Man marquee and side-art. I much prefer that version to the modern Namco versions:
    http://passtheword.files.wordpress.c.../02/pacman.gif

I have an avatar of Pac-Man because that's my favorite classic arcade game.
  5. 08-10-2008, 08:56 PM
    Zeo

listen closely to the Power rangers Zeo theme song..that;s why i cose this name. Plus it means ferver/fever in Greek I think. Although you won't get that unless you betray me, then you'll learn ALL about that side of it.....
    Please join: International Classic Gaming Federation and GU

Paul's Gamer Zone Arcade/Game room in Canton Ohio. Worth a visit...or 100.

"I say, I say, figures every time I add 2 and 2 I get a four legged smart aleck machine"

Max At Once WR's: 30 2/5/09

Zelda E2Q Progress: 75%
  6. 08-11-2008, 01:20 AM
    Finally got something to fit the size limits. The backglass from Bally's Centaur 2. I had a better image of the original Centaur but it went above the 8k limit.

The reason for Centaur?

Back in 2002 I finally got what I call my \"midlife crisis\". I had the Centaur backglass art tattooed onto my back just below my right shoulder. I'd been meaning to get one for years and finally got up the nerve to go through with it. I wanted something that meant something to me, not just a random image off the wall. I love pinball and the Centaur art is IMHO the best out there. Plus I really liked the game back in the day. I took in a printout of the flyer and the artist found a better photo of Centaur 2 in a pinball art book he had. During the second sitting he showed me a photo of his Centaur 2 machine at home. I now have Black Knight on the left side of my back as well.

Williams and Bally done. Stern and Gottlieb to go. :wink:

Cheers

Rob
    It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
  7. 08-11-2008, 01:38 AM
    d'Jordman

My real name is Jordi. I used to compete in poolbilliards tournaments quite regularly (about 30 a year, from 1999-2005 mostly). Someone there started calling me d'Jordman. The name stuck and before I knew it, seemed like everyone was calling me d'Jordman. After a while I got to like it ;)

My avatar is Bub from Rainbow Islands. I first played that game on Commodore Amiga and I loved it.
  8. 08-11-2008, 03:28 AM
    Wow, you're not too far from Aart/PacWhiz over in Den Haag. Anyone else here from The Netherlands?
  9. 08-11-2008, 12:26 PM
    Hello,

Rodrigo_Lopes(Metroid)...This is my name, Rodrigo Lopes, From Brazil, and founder of Metroid Team since 1994!!!

My nickname is Siliconian!

My avatar is me, doing a shoryuken....nicely done!
  10. 08-11-2008, 02:43 PM
    CaptainWeasel was a little sidekick that my dad made for his website back in the early days, I simply took it to use as my moniker.

My avatar is me. Being silly.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Join us