Explain your Name and/or Avatar

1. Explain your Name and/or Avatar

03-11-2008, 08:17 AM
    I?m very curious as to why people chose certain screen names or identities. Some I find fascinating, others I can?t comprehend at all, but would like to find out.

Some are easy:
    Martin Bedard ? THE PRO (fitting)
    Tim Balderramos ? PACMANTAB (Pac-Man + Tim A. Balderramos)

Some are baffling:
    John Cunningham ? WEEHAWK?
    David Nelson ? BERNARD?

Some I don?t see how they apply at all:
    MR. AWESOME?

I?m also very curious about how certain people pronounce their real names. Although I know these now, I had trouble with:
    Weeb or Wee-BEE?
    Alpi-Jer or Alpi-Ger
    AbDner or Abner
    Pastore or PastoREE
    And the one that gets butchered the most - MRUCZEK.

I?ll start the ball rolling: my screen name is pretty self-explanatory. My Avatar is a picture I drew of my son as the Kid Flash :wink:
    (I just changed it to Sinistar for the time being. Inside joke... :wink: )
  2. 03-11-2008, 08:38 AM
    Mine is a little strange, so I'll list it below to better understand it:

Mewtwo879: At the time I joined up with TG I really liked Mewtwo in the Pokemon games, and 879 used to be part of my phone number.

NeoScyther: Later on after joining TG my favorite Pokemon became Scyther, and Neo has nothing to do with the matrix. It comes from a website that a friend of mine ran and I still somewhat update called the NeoPokemasters, and on the site I was Neomaster Scyther, so I combined those two and got NeoScyther.

Avatar: A picture of Scyther. Enough said. :D
  3. 03-11-2008, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo879
    Geez, shows how observant I was...I thought your Avatar was a picture of a flower, like an orchid or something :oops: :P
  4. 03-11-2008, 09:31 AM
    my name dcnnnghm. My first initial last name w/o the vowels.

I got Dan as my avatar cause my name is Dan.
  5. 03-11-2008, 10:10 AM
    Mine's fairly obvious. rdrunner is short for Road Runner, which is a screen name I've used for over 10 years now.

What you may not know is that I have several reasons for choosing him, making him appropriate on all kinds of levels:

--It was my favorite cartoon growing up (still is, actually).
    --I own multiple shirts with the Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote on them (my favorite being the one with Wile E. lighting his tail on fire instead of his ACME rocket).
    --I'm a long-distance runner and love the competition of road races.
    --I live in the desert.
    --I have multiple world records on Road Runner games.
    --He's cool! What else do you need to know? :)
  6. it's a secret

03-11-2008, 10:28 AM
    sorry... my moniker (bernard) is a secret. You're just going to have to continue to be baffled! :)

I have to admit, I'm always ashamed when I never know how to pronounce someone's name properly. Usually I'm EXTREMELY good at spelling and pronunciation (even if it's foreign). But there are times when you just never learn how to say someone's name right (or even worse, you've met someone several times but never really KNOW their name), and then too much time goes by which then would make it awkward to approach this person to ask them their name or how to pronounce it correctly.

It the case of Robert Mruczek... I think his name is probably the most mis-pronounced. I'll let him clear it up officially, but I'm pretty sure it's pronounced \"mruh - 'check\".
  7. 03-11-2008, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Griffin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo879
    Geez, shows how observant I was...I thought your Avatar was a picture of a flower, like an orchid or something :oops: :P
    I did too, it really looks like an orchid if one doesn't look at it closely.
    :)
    Terveisin,
    TJT
  8. Re: it's a secret

03-11-2008, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bernard
    but I'm pretty sure it's pronounced "mruh - 'check".
    I have a recollection it's said mur-zak?...from listening Missile Command aftermath...
    Terveisin,
    TJT
  9. 03-11-2008, 10:55 AM
    Mine is all too obvious ^^;;

My name is literally my name...

My avatar? It's a South Park version of me ^^ [Minus the Cherry Coke]

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  10. 03-11-2008, 11:59 AM
    QBert - Q*Bert games have always been some of my favorites, on everything from the 2600 to the SNES or PS1. It's used to be my 2nd choice for a screen name. When I first signed up to the TG forums with the name Willbert I typed my e-mail address wrong, so I never got to activate that account. I signed up a second time with QBert because I had taken my own name. It has since become my primary screen name everywhere.

My avatar? I just like changing it up, just like my sig. ATM, I'm a big gamer kid at heart (avatar) and Lemmings on SNES rocks (sig)!

I don't know if you all have seen this, but here's some avatars I've had here at TG: https://www.twingalaxies.com/forums/v...ic.php?t=10779. I've got a few more to add one of these days...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us