Deca2K8 - I, Robot [Official Discussion Thread]

1. 04-05-2008, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Pro
    Warping to 79?? Eeeeee...well it doesn't make much of a difference to me but considering that the eye is much faster in those higher levels I think we're gonna have a lot of scores stuck around 800K. If we were to only warp to the lower levels without using the start button there would be more of a spread.
    exactly...what is the point of playing this game then.

no modifier keys etc. pressed when you warp...so you are very limited in what you can warp to...been a while but think that is level 5 or if you ignore the warp for a few levels then use it you get level 6.

gamers can score beyond 60000k playing it straight up so to warp or not won't destroy the competitive aspect.
    --Rick Carter
    My streaming broadcast channel: www.justin.tv/permafrostrick
  2. 04-05-2008, 03:53 PM
    gamers can score beyond 60000k playing it straight up so to warp or not won't destroy the competitive aspect.
    Still I think that a lot of people would beat 79 and then finish all of their lives on 80 or 81, which makes thinks really close w/ almost no effort , in my opinion.

I think that starting from level 5 max would be a great idea, because it would really test the player and give some great competition.

That's my $0.02.
  3. 04-05-2008, 04:11 PM
    The DECA has already been going on for almost a week now. People have already invested their time into playing I, Robot numerous times, zipping their necessary submission files, and submitting their scores through email. To change the DIP switch settings now after the fact is completely unfair. The competition has already started. Changing the rules now, invalidating submissions, or changing the way the scoring works on the submissions is a punch in the face. If you want to have a different competition later as MAME GOTM with the DIP switches set to Demo OFF or whatever, fine. But let people know ahead of time before the competition begins.

Thank you for hearing me out.

James
  4. 04-05-2008, 05:52 PM
    To be fair, the Deca lasts 3 months, plenty of time to give the game a couple more tries. Those who have already played a couple hours will retain that experience. To those who have sent in scores, were those really going to be your final scores? Probably not. Also, according to the scoreboard only 1 person has gotten the bonus. Every tournament I've seen has hiccups and adjustments in the beginning, it's to be expected.
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
  5. 04-05-2008, 10:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Pro
    To be fair, the Deca lasts 3 months, plenty of time to give the game a couple more tries. Those who have already played a couple hours will retain that experience. To those who have sent in scores, were those really going to be your final scores? Probably not. Also, according to the scoreboard only 1 person has gotten the bonus. Every tournament I've seen has hiccups and adjustments in the beginning, it's to be expected.
    So true.
  6. 04-05-2008, 10:55 PM
    ALRIGHT! Hopefully what will be the last settings tweak for the Deca...

Demo Mode is now OFF! If there exists a way to warp NATURALLY within the game with this mode off, then it is freely permitted.

A version that will have Demo Mode ON will be in a forthcoming GOTM challenge to satisfy those whom have the need for greed.. er.. points. ;)

I apologize for the inconvienience this may cause those whom have submitted. If I realized what a deathtrap I had inadvertently set, I'd have never left it On in the first place. ^^;;

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and feedback on this. I'm doing my best to get these things running smooth and bug free, but I am only but 1 person. ^^;;

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  7. New rules

04-05-2008, 10:57 PM
    I, Robot [Points]

ROMset = \"IROBOT\"
    Difficulty = \"Medium\"
    Starting lives = 3
    Bonus life = 20,000 points
    Bonus adder = \"None\"
    Minimum game time = 3 lives
    Demo Mode = OFF
    Any warps available naturally through the course of the game with the Demo Mode off are entirely permissable.

Means :
    entering transporter on any level while pressing \"start1 + start2\" (warp up to 10 level after),
    entering transporter on any level while shooting and pressing \"start1 + start2 (warp up to 15 level after).

Let's go playing I,Robot.
  8. Live from the referee.

04-07-2008, 01:11 AM
    Live from the referee :

This morning i have a submission with a 20 level warp.
    Is there an other hidden trick to warp 20 level or is it a mistake (i asked the player by mail) ?

Interesting numbers

Highest level reached so far :
    14 by Richard SHEARMAN
    Highest Number of level completed so far :
    07 by Patrick WEEHLER
  9. 04-07-2008, 06:19 AM
    It's another hidden trick.

-George
  10. Warp to level 20.

04-07-2008, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gstrain
    It's another hidden trick.

-George
    That is right.

I, Robot [Points]

ROMset = "IROBOT"
    Difficulty = "Medium"
    Starting lives = 3
    Bonus life = 20,000 points
    Bonus adder = "None"
    Minimum game time = 3 lives
    Demo Mode = OFF
    Any warps available naturally through the course of the game with the Demo Mode off are entirely permissable.

Means :
    entering transporter on any level while view x2.0, shooting and pressing "start1 + start2" (warp up to level 20).

Interesting numbers

Highest level reached so far :
    20 by Gavin CARTER
    Highest Number of level completed so far :
    07 by Patrick WEEHLER
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Join us