C64 Tracking Requests

1. 10-18-2008, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John
    And I just rediscovered "Super Gridder". Don't know how many hours I put away playing that one when I was young. 8)

Judging by the (NTSC) score and what I can find on the 'net, I'm wondering if this is the same as the game already tracked on TG as "Gridder"? Or are there two separate games?

Cheers, Rev John
    This is the same game. I changed the game title and added to the rules that Super Gridder is the more widely known name, but is also referred to as "Gridder".

Quote Originally Posted by HyperspaceArcade
    * Athena
    * Frogs in Space
    * Star Trek: The Computer Game (highest efficentcy rating after expired time limit)
    Athena - Done
    Frogs in Space - Done
    Star Trek -
    Scott, approx. how long is that time limit, in real time? Does it count down a day after a series of moves?
  2. 10-18-2008, 07:29 AM
    Either you complete the game by killing off all the Klingons... or time expires. Every move you make kills off time from the overall time limit.

If one doesn't dawdle, the game will run out of time at around 15-20 minutes if you don't wipe out all the enemies.

If you get destroyed, your eff. rating will be higher, as it's determined by results vs time spent, hence my suggestion at completing the game for a submission (either time-wise or destroying all enemies)
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
  3. 10-18-2008, 07:39 AM
    If you get destroyed, your eff. rating will be higher
    So shouldn't it be tracked as "Lowest Efficiency Rating"?

EDIT wait.. I think I see how it works now. If I didn't suck at the game, I could figure this out myself! :lol:
  4. 10-18-2008, 07:45 AM
    I made a boo boo in that post... and a test... purposely killing myself off right away.

Killed 2 enemies in 1 day and had a 5.55555% rating, so obviously that isn't as much of a factor as I thought :p I had another game where I came close to beating everyone, and then lost, and I had a lower rating than I did for a completed game.

Higher rating=better score, though I still think there should either be an expiration of time and/or completion of the game by killing all enemies to level the playing field.

BTW... family is sick, so I'm stuck here today taking care of them, and am glad I rediscovered this game :). Tis fun and easy on the fingers
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
  5. 10-18-2008, 08:22 AM
    I made a boo boo in that post... and a test... purposely killing myself off right away.

Killed 2 enemies in 1 day and had a 5.55555% rating, so obviously that isn't as much of a factor as I thought :p I had another game where I came close to beating everyone, and then lost, and I had a lower rating than I did for a completed game.

Higher rating=better score, though I still think there should either be an expiration of time and/or completion of the game by killing all enemies to level the playing field.

BTW... family is sick, so I'm stuck here today taking care of them, and am glad I rediscovered this game :). Tis fun and easy on the fingers
    5.55555..What's the deal with all those fives!? :shock:

Alright, let's go with that. Completion of game or time expiration is OK. Deaths are not.

Hope your family gets well soon
  6. 10-18-2008, 08:31 AM
    They'll be ok... us Texans just don't do well when it drops out of being 95 degrees every day :wink: . I just gotta take care of the little one and make sure they both rest, etc.

I've already got a recording to send when ready, btw :p
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
  7. 10-18-2008, 10:42 AM
    One more: Supercuda
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
  8. 10-19-2008, 03:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe
    I changed the game title and added to the rules that Super Gridder is the more widely known name, but is also referred to as "Gridder".
    Thanks RaGe! :D
  9. 10-19-2008, 03:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe
    I changed the game title and added to the rules that Super Gridder is the more widely known name, but is also referred to as "Gridder".
    Thanks RaGe! :D
    Np :)

One more: Supercuda
    :arrow: In
  10. 10-19-2008, 05:54 AM
    Karnov
    Klax
    Nemesis
    Space Pilot II
    Genesis
    Gradius