Deca2K8 - Pitfall II [Official Discussion Thread]

1. Deca2K8 - Pitfall II [Official Discussion Thread]

04-01-2008, 12:30 AM
    This thread is here for discussion about Pitfall II. Please use this to discuss any issues, strategies, tips and even ask questions in regards to this title. ^^

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  2. 04-04-2008, 11:17 AM
    I've had 1 submission so far that did NOT use Frameskip = 0 and as a result, it desynced after a minute or 2. I am urging everyone to use Frameskip = 0 for this title so that it won't happen to you!

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  3. 04-06-2008, 06:25 PM
    I very much dislike the controls on this game. At least when playing on keyboard. I can press jump and the guy keeps on running right off the log or the alligators head. Not every time... but I've played pitfall on atari 2600 a billion times and when I said jump, the m.f. would jump. Grrrr. Back to gaming I go.
  4. 04-06-2008, 07:29 PM
    I really like this game. Me and JD keep going back and fourth on it. Its only a matter of time before one of us beats it with a really high score.
  5. 04-07-2008, 01:35 AM
    Alright... it's been a long day... actually ignored everything since Mom is sick and slept all day, so I spent some quality time in front of the TV and actually played some games outside of the Deca.

Figured since I am exhausted and only going to do a brief posting before bed, I'd toss up some tips for everyone and hopefully it'll be of some help.

1. Kriss Kross might make you wanna Jump Jump, but try to avoid it. There's more points had in walking then bounding. Jump ONLY when necessary.

2. Um... use the ladder to climb down? It sounds stupid, but many folk seem to have this urge to simply jump in a quick one. Try to avoid this at all costs.. as well.. it sucks.. and it costs you big in the end! [5 precious seconds on the clock go byebye for every drop like that. That makes it harder to get to the next treasure and also kills your bonus at the end of the section.] The easiest way, I find, is to hold Down just before you get to the ladder, so you'll be holding in a diaganol manner. Works nice on a keyboard.. haven't tried it on a joystick.

3. Am I playing this game too much and my eyes are playing tricks on me, or did that tree seem to... go all goofy looking... with facial expressions?! If you think it's just woodland stuff falling out, wait a moment and see why those trees are alive, because it can't be the music, that's for sure!

4. Extra Life? Yeah, 20K, 50K... icon near the end of Level 1.. mind you, you'd have to be pretty daring for that one.

5. Bats driving you... Batty? I'm sure there's a way to make them a Golden opportunity if you're in the right place at the right time and can show you got the moves.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Keep on plodding ^^

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  6. 04-07-2008, 06:56 AM
    Good hints Kelly.

Another thing, having problems moving on the ice in the caverns? Just let go of any directional buttons to stop on the ice immediately. If you try to go back on the Ice you will 90% of the time die.
  7. 04-07-2008, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnnnghm
    Good hints Kelly.

Another thing, having problems moving on the ice in the caverns? Just let go of any directional buttons to stop on the ice immediately. If you try to go back on the Ice you will 90% of the time die.
    A rapid way across them is to jump onto them and go skating.

There's a million point bonus on the final stage also don't get perturbed if you are way behind as the competition progresses.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  8. 04-09-2008, 07:09 PM
    I must be an idiot 'cause I can't get past those blasted lightning bolts. Seriously. Like 5 games in a row I got past the alligators and lost all 3 lives within 10 seconds. Never even made it close to the opening. Just ZAAAAPPPP!!!! ZZZAAAAPPPP! ZAAAAPPP! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I like Pitfall. I very much dislike this stupid game.

But, maybe like the alligators, I'll figure out something that works for me and I'll get past them. Still... grrrrrrrrrrr.
  9. 04-09-2008, 07:33 PM
    Its the balloon ride that keeps killing me. I I can get past that I will be golden.
  10. 04-09-2008, 11:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dc_animal
    I must be an idiot 'cause I can't get past those blasted lightning bolts. Seriously. Like 5 games in a row I got past the alligators and lost all 3 lives within 10 seconds. Never even made it close to the opening. Just ZAAAAPPPP!!!! ZZZAAAAPPPP! ZAAAAPPP! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I like Pitfall. I very much dislike this stupid game.

Ya see, this isn't that bad a part of the game... quite simple when you realize.

Notice how they converge? X is how they tend to come down.. the trick is to simply be underneath the crossing pattern and it's all good. It takes a bit of practice, but once you have it down, BAM! You scratch your head wondering how you didn't make it. [Mind you I do suffer the.. oh crap I just touched lava.. how did I overstep?! syndrome, so you're better off ;)]

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us