And the Winner Is...

1. And the Winner Is...

07-09-2008, 12:25 PM
    PATRICK WHEELER! With a whopping 777.40% overall!!

Congratulations to Patrick for winning this year's 2008 Mame Decathlon!

Congratulations goes out as well to Marco Marocco for his 2nd place finish of 510.36% & Robert Macauley's 3rd place finish with 351.38%.

Also.. a special congratulations goes out to every single one of YOU! Who participated in this Deca!

31 People entered this year
    19 qualified for the Deca by the end

I hope to get more individual stats in the weeks to come though.

Thank you all for participating! I can't wait till next year... when things are going to be... different. ;)

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  2. 07-09-2008, 01:28 PM
    Thank you Mr. Kelly R. Flewin for putting together the Deca this year! IT was lots of fun playing games that I might not have played otherwise. Plus, there were a few that I enjoyed quite a bit... Rampage comes to mind.

While I was dead last as far as the qualified players go, I would also like to thank any person who scored less than I did for ensuring that I didn't feel like a complete loser in this competition. So, Mr. Flewin, you get two more additional 'thank you's from me since I faired better than you in Dr. Mario and Xevious. :P

And of course, congrats to Patrick Wheeler for the win! Winning 7 out of 10!?!?!?! Just... wow!!!
  3. 07-10-2008, 12:11 PM
    I had a lot of fun with this year's Deca, especially with Rampage and Tower of Doom.

6 of the 10 games were geared towards my tastes, which helped a lot.

It also helps when Martin doesn't play. :D (though I honestly hope he returns next year)
  4. 07-10-2008, 12:32 PM
    I would also like to thank any person who scored less than I did for ensuring that I didn't feel like a complete loser in this competition.
    I actually had the lowest submitted score on two games...I think I played each of them once just to qualify :lol:

The selection of games this year was okay. One suggestion for the future, though, is to try and limit the number of games where completion of the game (or some single specific thing within the game) gives a big bonus. The classic example of such a game is 1942 where you get 10M for finishing it. I think there were four such games this year (ddtod, mslug3, pitfall2, and ssriders).

I do wish I made more time to play the Deca games this year.
  5. 07-10-2008, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dbh
    Quote Originally Posted by dc_animal
    I would also like to thank any person who scored less than I did for ensuring that I didn't feel like a complete loser in this competition.
    I actually had the lowest submitted score on two games...I think I played each of them once just to qualify :lol:
    Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by dbh
    The selection of games this year was okay. One suggestion for the future, though, is to try and limit the number of games where completion of the game (or some single specific thing within the game) gives a big bonus. The classic example of such a game is 1942 where you get 10M for finishing it. I think there were four such games this year (ddtod, mslug3, pitfall2, and ssriders).
    I do wish I made more time to play the Deca games this year.
    I enjoyed the selection this year, honestly. Of course, unless it was 10 mahjong games or 10 FPSes, I would have been happy. :P

Interesting that there were so many with comlpetetion bonuses. Not sure if it was planned that way or not. I'm a sub-mediocre player, so I tend not to worry about such things. :P :P :P
  6. 07-11-2008, 11:20 PM
    I'd suggest making the next Deca a solid 2 months or less. 3 months is too long, the forums just seemed so dead.

As for my participation in the next one, it's even less likely than it was this year. Either it falls on the work part of my work-study program in which case I don't have to worry about studying or it somehow falls on my 2 week break and I play non stop during that period. In either case it likely won't be a full Deca for me.
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
  7. Marco's prize

07-14-2008, 03:28 PM
    I'm trying to get hold of Marco so that I can give him the $50 prize I offered to the runner up.

I've posted here and at Mark's CAG forums. If anyone is in contact could you ask him to get in touch.

Cheers, and congrats to Pat and Marco - stunning at times.

RichyS
Join us