VS. Goonies Bounty

1. VS. Goonies Bounty

07-22-2008, 07:36 AM
    Hey fellas,
    Im a new memebr, this is my first time posting and i have a couple questions concerning this bounty.

1st of all as i understand it, there is a $250.00 reward to someone who can beat the top score of 504,820 points on the arcade machine (which i happen to own). Or the one on the MAME of 588,010.

I've played this game 8 times as i just bought the arcade machine and i can easily achieve a score over 50,000.

My question is this:
    Is this top score these players achieved after continous game completions off of one quarter?

Reason why i ask this is beacause after you beat the game a cut scene appears and it takes you back to the 1st level with the same score you finished the game at but the difficulty of the enemies is harder.

Did these individuals keep beatin the game untill they lost all there lives OR did they quite simply record their highest score achieved after they got to the cutscence?

I have a feeling these high scorers beat the game numerous times off the 1 credit i just need to make sure so when i go to do it, i do it right.

Thanks for your time
  2. 07-22-2008, 07:45 AM
    Welcome godfather, as far as I know it may be as far as 1 credit will take you is my understanding. Of course I'm not a ref so maybe one of the ref's will shed some light onto this subject, also I'm not sure if anyone has ever collected on this bounty or not so this could possibly be cleared up as well.
  3. 07-22-2008, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joe43wv
    Welcome godfather, as far as I know it may be as far as 1 credit will take you is my understanding. Of course I'm not a ref so maybe one of the ref's will shed some light onto this subject, also I'm not sure if anyone has ever collected on this bounty or not so this could possibly be cleared up as well.
    Unfortunately i had already spoken to one of the refs and he instructed me post this on the forums and hopefully somoene who is actually familiar iwht this game can shed some light on this issue.
  4. 07-22-2008, 02:09 PM
    I believe that all bounties expired long ago.
  5. 07-23-2008, 08:39 PM
    the bounty was to beat the original mark of 504,820, and yes that was already claimed with my score of 588,010. Even if I hadn't beaten the score, the bounty would have long since expired.

Yes, you're allowed to keep playing after clearing one \"loop\" of the stages, the score would be impossible otherwise... you can keep playing on one credit as long as you have lives in reserve. Once you run out of lives, it's over.

Sorry to say there's nothing extra in it for you if you beat 588,010, but good luck if you do try. The damage is jacked way the hell up on later loops so you can't afford to make many mistakes.
  6. 07-24-2008, 06:06 AM
    nicely done man. Did u do this on the actual arcade cab or on the MAME?
  7. 07-24-2008, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    nicely done man. Did u do this on the actual arcade cab or on the MAME?
    MAME
Join us