Needing Help With Something on Descent...

1. Needing Help With Something on Descent...

05-16-2009, 11:01 PM
    I don't know if there's anyone here that has played this game or not, but myself and a couple of friends started this for the first time and are kind of stuck on something (And yes we're going thru the instructions, and no it doesn't say what this is for) but at the bottom of each card are coloured cubes, which are all power dice, but there's a purple one, and there's no purple dice in the game at all - and basically my question is, what is that purple cube on the card, what's it for, etc etc? If I could get help on this before Monday at lunch, that'd be great. Thanks.
  2. Re: Needing Help With Something on Descent...

05-17-2009, 06:12 AM
    [color=#408000]Though I've never played the game I did some searching and if it's what I'm thinking it looks like it's part of the expansions for the game. I'll send you a link to a "Merged Rulebook" with rules for the expansions as well as the original game in a PM.
  3. Re: Needing Help With Something on Descent...

05-17-2009, 07:08 AM
    As I mentioned in the PM response to you,

Yeah unfortunately it doesn't look like it...the cube icons are next to other colored ones as well, and this is the original game - not expansions or anything like that. It'd just be like the black power dice, red, blue, green, or yellow sort of thing.
  4. Re: Needing Help With Something on Descent...

05-17-2009, 07:20 AM
    Sorry for double posting here, but this is the game we're playing, some images might help...

At the bottom left corner of the above image, there's a card with an orange background, and if you look at the bottom-right corner of the card, there's a yellow cube-like image, now pretend that cube is purple. That's what I'm referencing (needing help with).

If I find better images, I'll post them as I find them.
  5. Re: Needing Help With Something on Descent...

05-17-2009, 07:46 AM
    What's the name of the card in question? I'm attempting to find a card list online that might make looking it up a little easier.
  6. Re: Needing Help With Something on Descent...

05-17-2009, 08:33 PM
    It's not just one card - it appears on numerous cards.
  7. Re: Needing Help With Something on Descent...

05-18-2009, 04:22 AM
    Gotcha. I've been looking up rules and card lists and so far nothing I've found has purple on it. I've seen blue but not purple. That's why I was wondering what card(s) it is.

On the up side, after all this research it seems like a fun game. I've been a fan of board games for awhile now and a board game that looks like D&D is even better. May have to give it a shot some day.
  8. Re: Needing Help With Something on Descent...

05-18-2009, 12:44 PM
    I'll sell you my complete Hero Quest if you make a fair offer.
  9. Re: Needing Help With Something on Descent...

05-18-2009, 05:31 PM
    I'm talking to the guy that has the game at his place right now, and he's describing a few cards to me right now that has the purple cube thing on the bottom right:

(Apparently these are all the ones that have the purple cube thing on them)

Hero Card Deck, Ranged Weapon Card, "Bow"
    Hero Card Deck, Ranged Weapon Card, "Crossbow"
    Hero Card Deck, Ranged Weapon Card, "Soulbiter"
    Monster Reference Cards Deck, "Skeleton"
    Monster Reference Cards Deck, "Dragon"
    Monster Reference Cards Deck, "Manticoie"
    Monster Reference Cards Deck, "Hellhound"

The full game name is Descent: Journey Into the Dark if that helps at all. So it's not an expansion.

Hope that helps more.
  10. Re: Needing Help With Something on Descent...

05-18-2009, 06:04 PM
    Well, I found what appears to be a .pdf file of the rules and the Bow and Crossbow have blue in their dice but not purple. The Bow is Blue and Yellow while the Crossbow is Blue and Green. At least according to what I have.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us