Deca2K9 - Time Pilot '84 [Official Discussion Thread]

1. Deca2K9 - Time Pilot '84 [Official Discussion Thread]

01-31-2009, 06:34 PM
    This thread is here for discussion about Time Pilot '84. Please use this to discuss any issues, strategies, tips and even ask questions in regards to this title. ^^

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  2. 02-01-2009, 07:51 AM
    Time Pilot '84
    ROMSet: TP84
    Difficulty: Hard
    Starting ships: 3
    Bonus Life: 1st extra at 40K then every 80K thereafter

Deca 2009 Scoreboard
    TG Scoreboard
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  3. 02-04-2009, 05:30 PM
    Its interesting to see that 14 people have submitted scores so far most of them for more then one game and not even one of us has a score for this one... are we all chicken?? I know I am this game worries me a little more then Pac-man and my first showing on that one wasn't to fantastic...
  4. 02-04-2009, 05:34 PM
    You're not the only one waiting on theirs to be verified, I have one in the queue too! :D :?
  5. 02-04-2009, 05:40 PM
    Just sent mine off a few minutes ago -- it looked lonely indeed :)
  6. 02-04-2009, 06:30 PM
    Oh what me I havnt touched it yet. :lol: but perhaps tonight if my guitar doesn't hold my interest for too long...

EDIT: I went to play and I cant seem to get my controller to cooperate with me, Keyboard works ok but I cant imagine that I will get any good with it, any suggestions?

EDIT2: Apparently its all of my mame games ... gonna have to reboot and see if that fixees the problem

EDIT3: ok compy was being a fickle thing problem solved and managed an ok score, that will be submitted soon... :)
  7. 02-08-2009, 05:55 PM
    I don't suppose there's any way to change the controls for this game? They are awkward, seemingly for no reason...
  8. 02-08-2009, 08:14 PM
    I found them a bit weird at first, but warmed up to them over time. It is a lot less frustrating, much more fun when I fire it up these days as a result :)
  9. 02-08-2009, 09:08 PM
    I find that I end up doing nothing except just going forward because at least pressing left or right does the expected result in this one case. Because of this, of course, my boss strategy is pretty much just trying to crash into it due to the lack of controls so that sort of prevents me from having a big game on this one. It would just be a vastly better game if they had just made left and right mean counterclockwise and clockwise like every other game of this type. Oh well.
  10. 02-09-2009, 08:43 AM
    I've been using my analog stick and have been able to get decent control of the ship. If I could make this thing work like an Asteroids ship though, I honestly think I could compete for a top score. It's a fun game either way.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us