- James Sorge

1. - James Sorge

08-26-2009, 05:29 PM
    I recently recorded some new records, but because it costs me $5 to send it via the post office, I don't like sending things unless they're on multiple run DVD's. How long am I allowed to hold the record before I submit it?

-James
  2. Re: How long are you allowed to "sit" on a record?

08-26-2009, 05:54 PM
    If you were so inclined, you could hold onto those scores for as long as you wanted before you submit them. There is no way to force someone to submit a score if they don't want to. So I guess you can just hold onto it until you are ready to send in all of your scores at once. If it matters at all, I sent in my Actraiser speed run nearly 6 months after I ran it and there weren't any complications with it.
    Is PJ
  3. Re: How long are you allowed to "sit" on a record?

08-27-2009, 03:46 AM
    The only time limits imposed are during a TG event of some kind - most notably the MAME Decathlon. I still have footage dating back to 2003 that I've not sent in & there would be no barrier to them if I did (they're just a bit crap ... but still my PB).
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  4. Re: How long are you allowed to "sit" on a record?

08-27-2009, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax
    The only time limits imposed are during a TG event of some kind - most notably the MAME Decathlon. I still have footage dating back to 2003 that I've not sent in & there would be no barrier to them if I did (they're just a bit crap ... but still my PB).
    Don't forget...From what I've seen posted, and from what I've been told by a few referee's, standard MAME (non MAME DECA) submissions have to be sent in within 72 hours
  5. Re: How long are you allowed to "sit" on a record?

08-27-2009, 05:41 AM
    I've submitted MAME scores older than 3 days (that weren't part of a TG competition). I've got a Klax one that I did about a week ago that I still plan on submitting (not a record, but good for 3rd)
  6. Re: How long are you allowed to "sit" on a record?

08-27-2009, 06:11 AM
    Almost all of my MAME submissions are over 3 days old. I generally hold off submitting to see if I can get a better score. I even have inps from last year that I may end up submitting and I'm not expecting any problems*.

[EDIT: *Other than any problems I might cause myself ... I'm not beyond setting the wrongs dips, playing the wrong games etc ... :lol: ]
  7. Re: How long are you allowed to "sit" on a record?

08-27-2009, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapp
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax
    Don't forget...From what I've seen posted, and from what I've been told by a few referee's, standard MAME (non MAME DECA) submissions have to be sent in within 72 hours
    There is no time limit on non-event submissions for any platform, including MAME. There was but it no longer exists. ;)
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  8. Re: How long are you allowed to "sit" on a record?

08-27-2009, 06:32 AM
    Keep in mind about "sitting" though.... it does increase the chance that someone else will submit something better during the "sit" period, therefore making your record-setting footage obsolete. Then you have to decide if you wish to do it again or submit the ranked score/time... and either way you've missed out on time at the top of the hill.

I do very much like the idea of someone wishing to use all the recording time on a tape/disc, however. I get a ton of media with as little as 5 to 10 minutes of footage and nothing more. It's not like it costs more to ship a filled up tape... fill 'er up :)
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
  9. Re: How long are you allowed to "sit" on a record?

08-27-2009, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperspaceArcade
    Keep in mind about "sitting" though.... it does increase the chance that someone else will submit something better during the "sit" period, therefore making your record-setting footage obsolete. Then you have to decide if you wish to do it again or submit the ranked score/time... and either way you've missed out on time at the top of the hill.

I do very much like the idea of someone wishing to use all the recording time on a tape/disc, however. I get a ton of media with as little as 5 to 10 minutes of footage and nothing more. It's not like it costs more to ship a filled up tape... fill 'er up :)

problem is challenge of the month on that one....only reason I would ever send a unfulltape any more....
    Please join: International Classic Gaming Federation and GU

Paul's Gamer Zone Arcade/Game room in Canton Ohio. Worth a visit...or 100.

"I say, I say, figures every time I add 2 and 2 I get a four legged smart aleck machine"

Max At Once WR's: 30 2/5/09

Zelda E2Q Progress: 75%
  10. Re: How long are you allowed to "sit" on a record?

01-06-2012, 04:51 AM
    Can I please confirm that this is still the case. That there is no length of time limit for a recorded run to have to be submitted by for any platform, other than specific events?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us