Feburary 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

  1. Re: Feburary 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    02-17-2010, 09:03 AM
    if not the ducks, then what the heck are we shooting at
    Please join: International Classic Gaming Federation and GU

    Paul's Gamer Zone Arcade/Game room in Canton Ohio. Worth a visit...or 100.

    "I say, I say, figures every time I add 2 and 2 I get a four legged smart aleck machine"

    Max At Once WR's: 30 2/5/09

    Zelda E2Q Progress: 75%
  2. Re: Feburary 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    02-17-2010, 06:03 PM
    50,810 :twisted:
  3. Re: Feburary 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    02-17-2010, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PacWhiz
    What are the MAME & arcade hiscores on this game? I'm sure one of them is held by Fred, but i have no idea of the range...
    To paraphrase from a favorite movie of mine: Fred's game is not in the same ball park as yours. It ain't the same league -- it ain't even the same effin' sport! :lol:
  4. Re: Feburary 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    02-17-2010, 06:57 PM
    WoW! 50k! Nice. I should have checked here before I submited my last one. 46k. Oh well.

    Have you found the 4x bonus on the pipes yet?

    B
    "I don't even like Peach! Why do I want to save her?"
    Brandon Y. LeCroy

    Your Mom (Speed Run) - WR - 0:00:08.3
  5. Re: Feburary 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    02-17-2010, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTe
    Quote Originally Posted by PacWhiz
    What are the MAME & arcade hiscores on this game? I'm sure one of them is held by Fred, but i have no idea of the range...
    To paraphrase from a favorite movie of mine: Fred's game is not in the same ball park as yours. It ain't the same league -- it ain't even the same effin' sport! :lol:
    LoL :P yeah well life is like a box of chocolates :roll:
    The main site started working around the time i posed that question... but thx for the link tho! If MAME is an accurate emulation of Carnival the arcade game, then i have no clue how Fred can possibly do a 386k on it! :shock: :shock:


    Quote Originally Posted by bigbee99
    Have you found the 4x bonus on the pipes yet?

    B
    No sir i haven't, didn't know there was one... :oops:
    I was about to submit a 41 and then said nah i'll play 1 more... :mrgreen:
    Still can't get past that 5th level, so i figured i'd just try to accumulate as many points as i could on the first 4, and take it from there. Tough cookie this game... but i'm eager to find out what universe lies beyond the 5th.
  6. Re: Feburary 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    02-17-2010, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PacWhiz
    Still can't get past that 5th level, so i figured i'd just try to accumulate as many points as i could on the first 4, and take it from there. Tough cookie this game... but i'm eager to find out what universe lies beyond the 5th.
    Fred is tops on Carnival MAME as well, although nowhere near his Arcade score. I don't know if that's because he didn't put the time into it or if it's an emulation accuracy thing.

    Very few people have ever gotten past the 5th level it seems. Perry Rodgers owns a Carnival and was really into it last summer. Hopefully he sees this thread and will give you guys some pointers.
  7. Re: Feburary 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    02-17-2010, 08:58 PM
    Finally an update.. and 2 days late.. [yes.. I am that bad.. I apologize..]


    1st Place - Aart van Vliet - 50,810
    2nd Place - Brandon LeCroy - 46,980

    Only 2 scores this entire month... kinda disappointing.. I mean I figured everyone would get caught up in the spirited motion and show they had the skills to knock out a few measley targets. Guess I was wrong?


    Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  8. Re: Feburary 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
    I'll submit something if I can manage a respectable score :P
    Craig Rout Gallant

    Current verified TG WRs: 58

    My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/CraigARG
    MAME World Records channel: http://www.youtube.com/MAMEWorldRecords
  9. Re: Feburary 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    02-17-2010, 10:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTe
    Very few people have ever gotten past the 5th level it seems. Perry Rodgers owns a Carnival and was really into it last summer. Hopefully he sees this thread and will give you guys some pointers.
    I think that's the key too. I've heard it gets easier again on the 6th level (probably similar to how Frogger increases in difficulty as you approach the 5th level, then starts over)
  10. Re: Feburary 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    02-18-2010, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTe
    Fred is tops on Carnival MAME as well, although nowhere near his Arcade score. I don't know if that's because he didn't put the time into it or if it's an emulation accuracy thing.
    Yes and could be both maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTe
    Very few people have ever gotten past the 5th level it seems. Perry Rodgers owns a Carnival and was really into it last summer. Hopefully he sees this thread and will give you guys some pointers.
    Yeah, 5th place arcade score, not too shabby, didn't realize he played this game.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
    I figured everyone would get caught up in the spirited motion and show they had the skills to knock out a few measley targets. Guess I was wrong?

    Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
    A FEW?! Have you SEEN the 'duck-feed' on level 5? lol


    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKongFan
    I've heard it gets easier again on the 6th level (probably similar to how Frogger increases in difficulty as you approach the 5th level, then starts over)
    Sure hope so, coz a difficulty level any higher than 5 would border on the impossible!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Join us