Did anybody famous attend your high school?

1. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-19-2010, 06:48 PM
    Jackson, NJ, we're all losers. No one famous came out of here. Go fig. :: shrugs ::

I might be the closest thing to a celebrity we got, oh well.

-James
  2. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-19-2010, 06:55 PM
    I doubt it, My HS was only 5 years old when I went and that's almost 10 now.

So yeah in the last 15 years, no one;s had enough TIME to get famous or infamous.
    Please join: International Classic Gaming Federation and GU

Paul's Gamer Zone Arcade/Game room in Canton Ohio. Worth a visit...or 100.

"I say, I say, figures every time I add 2 and 2 I get a four legged smart aleck machine"

Max At Once WR's: 30 2/5/09

Zelda E2Q Progress: 75%
  3. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-19-2010, 07:33 PM
    I found out about some more:

Hub Arkush (publisher Pro Football Weekly, commentator for Chicago Bears 87-04)
    Dean Bernardini (rock band Chevelle)
    Scott Colton (WWF pro wrestler Colt Cabana)
    Cory Everson (Miss Olympia 84-89, author, actor)
    Lindsay Knapp (NFL offensive lineman for the Kansas City Chiefs and Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl XXXI champions
    Christina Loukas (a 2008 US Olympic team member in diving)
    Aaron Moorehead (NFL wide receiver for the Indianapolis Colts - Super Bowl XLI champions
    Logan Barren, Justin Baren, and Andrew Langer (rock band Redwalls)
    "Have YOU Played Atari Today?!"
  4. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-19-2010, 11:12 PM
    No one really famous was at my school, but from another school (Valley School) in my town was Lee Westwood the golfer.

Also, I did live in the house that Donald Pleasance was born in. Grafton House, on Eastgate in Worksop, UK.

Other brushes with fame I have had (fame lol, more like lame), someone who I currently work with is the cousin of Jason Statham. My old school friend (John McCusker) has a clump of green fur from Orville the Duck that he ripped from his body (LOL). Tony Robinson stole my pizza when he was in town doing a Robin Hood re-enactment (peperoni it was). My brother in law was one of the kids on Jim L Fixit on the Corkscrew at Alton Towers eating their food. These are mostly UK based so if you are not in the UK, they wont make much sense.
  5. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-19-2010, 11:56 PM
    The High School of Art and Design (a.k.a. The School of Industrial Art, pre 1960)

We've had a few...

In my field, Cartooning/Illustration, there's John Romita, Sr., Dick Giordano, Neal Adams, Joe Jusko, Jimmy Palmiotti, Joe Madureira (I honestly don't remember seeing him around, he only graduated a year before me).

Also, of a broader note, Ralph Bakshi, Calvin Klein, director Amy Heckerling, actor Harvey Fierstein, late Kiss drummer Eric Carr, and my hometown, Astoria, Queens native, Tony Bennett.

Me? That's yet to be determined. But if we ever had a vote between my friends and peers, I would probably have been nominated for "most likely to be known for doing something video game related" without any question, lol.
  6. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-20-2010, 03:17 AM
    Rob Schneider... went to my high school in 1982.
  7. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-20-2010, 03:16 PM
    Arkansas High School (AHS)
    Texarkana, Arkansas

Several in fact. One is even in a video game!! My cousin, Tony McKnight, played major league baseball right out of high school. He started with the Astros but was traded to Pittsburg. Tony is in one of the EA MLB games and from what I hear, he isn't the best pitcher in the game. :lol:

Mike Cherry became a quarterback for the New York Giants.

There's probably more but I can't remember right now.
  8. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-20-2010, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by masterLEON
    Ralph Bakshi
    funny you mentioned Ralph. I have been watching a couple of his movies recently - Heavy Traffic (pinball!!!! :lol: ) and Lord of the Rings. I still need to see Fritz the Cat.
    "Have YOU Played Atari Today?!"
  9. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-21-2010, 04:06 PM
    Let's see here; I went to 3 different high schools.

--Chadsey (Detroit, MI...recently listed as "on the chopping block")
    --West Valley (Fairbanks, AK...that's Alaska, not Arkansas [which itself is abbrieviated AR])
    --Lathrop (Fairbanks, AK)

Chadsey...nope, don't remember anyone famous going there. Probably the only "fame" would have been me, the day before, one of the only Pac-Man players in Detroit to have made it all the way to the split-screen for the first time on the regular version (Labor Day, 1983). Didn't quite make it to John Birkner's record, though (some 3,205,XXX and it was my last life.)

West Valley...probably not.

Lathrop...negative.

About the only close-to-famous person I remember coming out of Fairbanks would have been Lucy Noland, DJ for a time at KSUA (FM 103.9 at the time, itself only available through cable until mid-1984). KSUA had the unique position, at the time, of being a student-staffed station (studios were at the UAF grounds) and the only full-time Album Rock (AOR) station in town, often being the unofficial home of the "other" Billboard charters (by various Rock acts) that the Top 40 FMs didn't see as "pop material". L. Noland somehow landed at WJBK-TV ch. 2 Detroit (MI--now DT channel 7) as a news anchor. One of the letters to the editor in the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, c. 1990, raised a stink about how she left her car running in the Lamont's parking lot and someone made off with it. We humans and our pitiful rookie mistakes...

Keith K Smith ‘87 ©™
    Mega-Play game card #310,600
    "Of course I can beat him, Merv. You see, he is using Atari. But I have Intellivision."
    [Do you still have QUBE too?]
    8)
  10. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-21-2010, 09:51 PM
    Vera Farmiga went to my high school a few grades behind me. Used to ride to high school with my ex.

Her current film is co-starring with George Clooney in Up In The Air

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0267812/
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us