Did anybody famous attend your high school?

1. Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-18-2010, 09:00 PM
    I went to a high school called Monona Grove, in the suburbs of Madison Wisconsin. It's not a huge school by any means. In a seven division state, our school is always one of the smaller schools in division 2, or one of the larger schools in division 3, depending on the year. Our total school enrollment my graduating year (1998) was 666 students, freshmen through seniors.

Even though our school isn't all that big, we've had some notable graduates. Current women's U.S.A. hockey goaltender Jessie Vetter graduated from there. She won three college titles at the University of Wisconsin and played on our men's hockey team at Monona Grove, also leading our women's soccer team to three state titles as well. Her older brother Jake was on my football team!

Former two time U.S. Open golf champion Andy North is an alumnus. Add to the list former PBA bowler Mark Mcdowell as well.

Rounding out the list are some football players. Offensive tackle Gabe Carimi was an all-american at our school in 2005, and has finished his career with the Badgers. Now he's getting ready for the NFL draft. Former NFL players Sonny Redders (running back) and Don Thompson (defensive end) also attended Monona Grove.

Definitely not a bad pedigree of athletes in my opinion.

Anybody else have a high school that stacks up?
    Andrew Furrer

The two records I will always have a deep respect for....

11/13/1994....Drew Bledsoe 45 completions in one game
    11/13/1982....Scott Safran 41,336,440 points on Asteroids
  2. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-18-2010, 10:50 PM
    My HS I attended was not too shabby. There were 3 notables. Commack High School in the Long Island, New York town of Commack where I grew up.

We had NBC's Bob Costas, (class of 1970). My personal favorite.

Rosie O' Donnell (unfortantly :oops: ) from the "no" class of 1980. O'Donnell was voted homecoming queen, prom queen, senior class president and class clown (obviously).

Pete Harnisch (class of 1984) who was a MLB picher. He was an All-Star in 1991 with the Houston Astros and also played for the Baltimore Orioles, the New York Mets, the Milwaukee Brewers and the Cincinnati Reds in his 14 year career.
  3. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-19-2010, 03:58 AM
    A girl in my high school class was in Titanic. She played Trudy, the chambermaid for Kate Winset's character Rose. According to IMDB, she's been in a couple other movies, but none I've heard of.
  4. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-19-2010, 07:05 AM
    yeah, I think so. I think there were a bunch. I remember hearing about that the girl bassist from Smashing Pumpkins went there. forgot her name. D'Arcy or something?

on a side note, working at the local stores, I would see John Hughes all the time. we would always talk about movies and music and I would suggest movies for him to buy all the time. and he did! I was in a band and for one of my shows his son's band opened up for us. I have seen Harold Ramis as well. another great guy! but, John Hughes was just incredible! so down to earth. caring. so sad that he is gone.
    "Have YOU Played Atari Today?!"
  5. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-19-2010, 07:24 AM
    Funny you mentioned Smashing Pumpkins, my friend from high school, Andre Phillips, ended up being the bassist in a band called Fulflej that was discovered and signed by Smashing Pumpkin's record label. Fulflej ended up write a tune for the POwer Rangers in the 90's called Shift into Turbo. Also this is one of their videos from the Back in the day that made it to MTV. You'll see the guitarist from the pumpkins make a cameo at the end

Also, this girl Tanya, not real famous but has a Imdb profile:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1840611/
    Donkey Kong (arcade/3 men): 1,108,100
  6. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-19-2010, 10:53 AM
    My first high school - Garfield HS in Seattle - has Jimi Hendrix and Quincy Jones as its two most notable alumni.

My second high school - Franklin HS in Seattle - has a bunch of athletes and (ugh) Kenny G.

I went to college after my first two years through an early entrance program. Couldn't have been happier to get out.
  7. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-19-2010, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebo
    My second high school - Franklin HS in Seattle - has a bunch of athletes and (ugh) Kenny G.
    At least they had the good sense to keep him out of their jazz band. Well, the first time he applied at least.
  8. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-19-2010, 03:50 PM
    A few years ago, O.J. Mayo of the Memphis Grizzles attended my old high school, North College Hill. In fact he used to live one street where I live now. He and Bill Walker led the school to two consecutive state championship. When O.J. and Bill left the team was so used to accomplishment they won a third championship in a row.

I attended a regular season game the first year. Imagine the final game in "Blue Chips" , it was like that, mindblowing.
  9. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-19-2010, 04:18 PM
    Here are some Saint Louis University High School attendees:

George Hickenlooper - documentary maker

He created a short film called "Some Folks Call It a Sling Blade" starring J.T. Walsh, Molly Ringwald and another fellow named Thornton. This short film was later adapted into a feature film which was apparently big.

Michael Blassie - former Unknown Soldier (from Viet Nam)

Nelson Burton, Jr. - professional bowler, teamed with Chris Schenkel to be the commentay for the PBA on ABC

Easy Ed Macauley - hall of fame basketball player

Pat McBride - member of the national soccer hall of fame
  10. Re: Did anybody famous attend your high school?

02-19-2010, 05:09 PM
    I tried hard to find some when I was an editor in our high school publication department back in the day, but could not. I honestly found that odd, too.

Melissa's high school was once attended for a time by David Koresh, the Waco, TX compound guy. Not exactly a proud thing...heh.

Now you make me want to go back and check about after I left all those years ago. Many newer celebrities did come from North Texas high schools... gotta check now.
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us