March 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

  1. March 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    03-01-2010, 09:56 PM
    Pirate Pete!

    I figured since someone requested this, I'd ensure there's going to be some scoring goodness had!

    ROMSet: PiratePet
    Finish Bonus: Timer x3
    Debug: Off
    Lives: 3
    Service Mode: Off
    Flip Screen: Off
    Bonus Life: 10000
    Difficulty: Normal
    Year Display: Yes
    Free Game [Cheat]: No
    Special Rules: Use of Button 2 at any point will immediately disqualify your record/attempt.


    Marathon settings this time 'round to ensure it doesn't discourage many. :)

    Now get ta' plunderin'!


    Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  2. Re: March 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    03-01-2010, 10:31 PM
    Just out of curiosity, why is one track marathon when the only real difference in game play (other than bonus) is you get 1 more man? Isn't marathon usually used for a track that can be played longer (i.e. games that give lots of free men) vs tournament, which usually gives 3 men (or 5 in some cases) and may have harder settings. Just thought it was kinda strange, that's all :mrgreen:
  3. Re: March 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    03-01-2010, 10:47 PM
    Im havin trouble stabbing the fish, i stick the knife right in their heads, and then i die.

    grrrrrrrr, useless collision detection.
  4. Re: March 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    03-01-2010, 11:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKongFan
    Just out of curiosity, why is one track marathon when the only real difference in game play (other than bonus) is you get 1 more man? Isn't marathon usually used for a track that can be played longer (i.e. games that give lots of free men) vs tournament, which usually gives 3 men (or 5 in some cases) and may have harder settings. Just thought it was kinda strange, that's all :mrgreen:
    This simply mirrored the settings for Jungle Hunt/King. Also note you get the 3x Bonus whereas tournament gives you no finishing bonus addons.


    Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  5. Re: March 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    03-01-2010, 11:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
    This simply mirrored the settings for Jungle Hunt/King. Also note you get the 3x Bonus whereas tournament gives you no finishing bonus addons.
    Yeah, I know...It still doesn't make the game play any longer though. :P

    Man is this a frustrating game. Gotta unlearn my Jungle Hunt habits I guess.
  6. Re: March 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    03-02-2010, 01:25 PM
    can't seem to come up with this ROM. Tried my normal places. Back to the drawing board.

    B
    "I don't even like Peach! Why do I want to save her?"
    Brandon Y. LeCroy

    Your Mom (Speed Run) - WR - 0:00:08.3
  7. Re: March 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    03-02-2010, 10:31 PM
    Gave it a try, and I'm pretty horrible at it so far :wink: I did notice, though, that button 2 lets you automatically skip to the next board. Is this normal? Is it allowed? You miss points of course, which is a negative, but still it seems quite "not right"
  8. Re: March 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    03-02-2010, 10:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzie.Putin
    Gave it a try, and I'm pretty horrible at it so far :wink: I did notice, though, that button 2 lets you automatically skip to the next board. Is this normal? Is it allowed? You miss points of course, which is a negative, but still it seems quite "not right"
    Hmm.. that'd be a "No way sir". Thanks for the notation!


    Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  9. Re: March 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    03-03-2010, 01:52 AM
    Man this game is hateful!

    I have a score I'm ready to submit, but I'm not sure how. (it's not very impressive, but it's a start) The "email a ref" box on the main page doesn't allow file attachments as far as I can see. Someone care to point me in the right direction?

    Thanks!
  10. Re: March 10 - The Monthly Mame Challenge Title Is...

    03-03-2010, 02:01 AM
    I believe you submit it just like a regular score, maybe make a notation in the note box at the end that it's for the Monthly MAME challenge
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us