Even if they did meet up once, why did Billy refuse? Issue#3

1. Re: Even if they did meet up once, why did Billy refuse? Iss

06-06-2011, 12:23 AM
    I just watched the movie tonight, and was amazed at how gutless Billy was. Oh wait he is just letting his plan play out. BS. He is just a coward. He is also a dumb--- with a mullet. I will give the guy credit for being at the top of his game once. However he has no class, and very little integrity.
  2. Re: Even if they did meet up once, why did Billy refuse? Iss

06-06-2011, 03:48 AM
    People are still complaining about this totally irrelevant movie?

It's like people saying "OJ was guilty of murder and is out walking the streets."
  3. Re: Even if they did meet up once, why did Billy refuse? Iss

06-06-2011, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint M
    I just watched the movie tonight, and was amazed at how gutless Billy was. Oh wait he is just letting his plan play out. BS. He is just a coward. He is also a dumb--- with a mullet. I will give the guy credit for being at the top of his game once. However he has no class, and very little integrity.
    You're not getting the fact that this is a movie made for entertainment and was HIGHLY edited to remove the context of situations.
  4. Re: Even if they did meet up once, why did Billy refuse? Iss

06-06-2011, 06:31 AM
    :shock: People are STILL discussing this?! :lol:
    Wht da?
  5. Re: Even if they did meet up once, why did Billy refuse? Iss

10-23-2011, 11:48 AM
    edit: on second thought, not completely needed comment is probably best removed.
    Please join: International Classic Gaming Federation and GU

Paul's Gamer Zone Arcade/Game room in Canton Ohio. Worth a visit...or 100.

"I say, I say, figures every time I add 2 and 2 I get a four legged smart aleck machine"

Max At Once WR's: 30 2/5/09

Zelda E2Q Progress: 75%
  6. Re: Even if they did meet up once, why did Billy refuse? Iss

01-01-2012, 03:05 AM
    You can all say what you want about how this film was edited, slanted and unfair, but when that one guy plays Billy's tape in the arcade and Steve comes up and asks if he can see it and the guy said something like "oh no, it was a special one time showing only" ?!?! What kind of dickish way is that to treat someone? Especially one who it is obviously of such importance and interest to? You 'can't' show him the tape? That's cold. Forget video games for a second, that's just plain cold.

Sure maybe it was slanted, i don't know, but unless Billy and the members of his fan club were reading from a script, then they said what the film showed them say, and they did what the film showed them do. I won't comment further, i don't wish to give anyone a hard time, it was nice to see that letter from Walter? to Steve near the end, and some other comments near the end of the documentary, it was just harsh the way many of you treated the guy, for no reason really either, because he threatened Billy's record? Like Donkey Kong is so important. Let me give you a hint, no one cares, other than a hand full of retro gamers, and that's cool, not to take anything away from your passions, but there are more important things in life. Like having some fucking respect, for starters. Steve was a good guy, i don't get why you were so snobby to him. Maybe the situation has changed, i don't know.

And i think we all know why Billy wouldn't play Steve. He was afraid to get beat. Pretty apparent and obvious to anyone that saw the documentary, regardless of how you slice the film. And this argument about "well he had the record, he didn't Have to play" is total b.s. If for nothing else, out of courtesy for the guy who is the number 1 contender and took the time and effort to go all that way to play, right where you live. Anyways, i'm sure you're all good guys and everything, just saw the documentary and felt compelled to share. Just my 2 cents. No offense intended.

Happy 2012.
  7. Re: Even if they did meet up once, why did Billy refuse? Iss

01-01-2012, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    And i think we all know why Billy wouldn't play Steve. He was afraid to get beat. Pretty apparent and obvious to anyone that saw the documentary, regardless of how you slice the film. And this argument about "well he had the record, he didn't Have to play" is total b.s. If for nothing else, out of courtesy for the guy who is the number 1 contender and took the time and effort to go all that way to play, right where you live. Anyways, i'm sure you're all good guys and everything, just saw the documentary and felt compelled to share. Just my 2 cents. No offense intended.

Happy 2012.
    They played

B
    "I don't even like Peach! Why do I want to save her?"
    Brandon Y. LeCroy

Your Mom (Speed Run) - WR - 0:00:08.3
  8. Re: Even if they did meet up once, why did Billy refuse? Iss

01-02-2012, 04:55 AM
    Btw, those old scores are immaterial, since Hank Chien is currently the DK arcade champ with a 1.09mil score. King of Kong is fun to watch, but it is dated. Big time.
    Wht da?
  9. Re: Even if they did meet up once, why did Billy refuse? Iss

01-02-2012, 05:03 AM
    If one thing is true from KoK it is this.

The movie was a master stroke in publicity for TG.

Personally I believe Billy is a little arrogant but not to a fault. He has character flaws like anybody, why is he expected to be some sort of perfect human example?

Why would he play at the event, when he A) Had the high score at the time and B) Had a tape in his keeping that increased his high score. There was no incentive to play, and he risked looking silly if he could not put in a decent score or beat steve.

Steve would come away with some sort of victory if he beats billy, whether he beats the TG high score or not. Why put that on the line from Billy's perspective if he was already the champion at the time?

If I were Billy at the time, I would not have been keen to play either. Nothing to gain from it.
  10. Re: Even if they did meet up once, why did Billy refuse? Iss

01-02-2012, 05:37 AM
    These last two comments sum it all up real well, as does the fact that they did play before the time period covered in the film as well as a highly publicized event just last year.

The DVD should be updated with a reminder of the existence of Google and other places where a quick search could pull up a truckload of information and a reminder that the time period in the film ended years and years ago now. Much has happened since.
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Join us