Free Amazon Prime membership for college students!

1. Free Amazon Prime membership for college students!

07-12-2010, 08:10 PM
    I stumbled upon this over at slickdeals.com and thought I'd pass it along for those of my fellow college students:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

That's a pretty good deal for not costing anything at all. Also works for grad students which is really nice because I might have a lot of books to buy this upcoming semester. I'm not sure how many forum regulars are still in college, but for those few who are, you might want to check it out!
    Is PJ
  2. Re: Free Amazon Prime membership for college students!

07-13-2010, 08:33 PM
    I figure this only applies to books held in stock by Amazon and not those used being sold by independent dealers, in which case it would only be worth it if you have to by a lot of brand-new books, but I could be wrong.

Gah, textbooks are such a racket! One of the reasons why I love studying literature: you usually only have to by novels and anthologies, many of which are usually worth keeping after the class has ended. Plus, you can get your money back! With actual texts, those I remember people had to purchase in music school would cost, say $180 (despite the fact that they were obviously cheap to print anthologies), but they would never be able to get more than $40 back at the end if they chose to sell them.
    "Sweep the leg."
  3. 05-23-2020, 03:46 AM
    I haven't heard about it, tnx for the info
    Last edited by johnnyy; 05-24-2020 at 06:23 AM.
Join us