Introduce yourself...

1. 09-09-2020, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    Do that a couple of times a week, and you'll end up with more submission points than you will ever use.
    I must be doing something wrong. :P
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  2. 09-09-2020, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by marvelsferb7 View Post
    I am marvelsferb7 from southern New Jersey, USA.

I am having some trouble with TG, not sure if someone can help.
    I have voted and commented much, but do not seem to have necessary submission points.
    I am trying to submit a new high score for Legendary Wings on NES.
    Besides submission/community points, I am having trouble submitting my video.
    I was able to upload a short specs video, but not surprisingly, I am having trouble with the official gameplay video.
    It is 24 hours long, 40 GB, well over the submission limit, but still having trouble using vzaar/dacast as well.

Any assistance on anything above would be very helpful and much appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Use a tool like Handbrake or Free Video Compressor to compress your video below 5GB, or, split your video up into 5GB sections, and upload each one.

Regarding not having enough submission points: it's important to remember that you do not earn submission points just for voting ... you earn them if you vote AND the submission you have voted on becomes accepted/rejected with your vote being in the correct direction. Many submissions can take MONTHS to complete the adjudication process, however, I have found that short games like racing games and Angry Birds tend to only take 24 hours to complete the process. If it is submission points that you're looking for, I would highly recommend adjudicating several of these. Do that a couple of times a week, and you'll end up with more submission points than you will ever use.

Hope this helps.
  3. 09-19-2020, 07:29 AM
    Hi Eveyone,

Have recently acquired an old arcade cabinet and have installed MAME on it so I can play my old favourite arcade games. My nameis Sean, I'm 43 and I'm from Plymouth, Devon, England.

Still reading up on how to get involved.
    Thanks,
    Sean
    Likes Garrett Holland, Fly liked this post
  4. 09-19-2020, 07:41 AM
    I guess I could actually introduce myself, now that I've submitted a dozen-or-so scores. :)

I'm aswar, and I've been gaming since, well, as long as I can remember. An Atari VCS, then a TI-99/4A (Tunnels of Doom forever!), PC, SNES, Atari Jaguar, Saturn, PS1, GameCube, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. I also worked for MS as part of the Xbox team for 4 1/2 years, so have a little bit of time in the gaming industry, though it was all on the console software side.

I've just started dabbling in the home arcade side - I bought my first pin a year and a half ago, along with recently picking up an Atari Gauntlet cabinet to be restored. I also have a big empty Golden Tee cab that I hope to make into a really nice emulation cabinet.

I've always had a tendency to compare scores. Making "posters" celebrating high scores on games when I was little, and trying to find ways to share saved scores from PC games with friends, among others.usps tracking showbox speed test

I was finally convinced to sign up here after a combination of watching Man vs. Snake, and continually hearing references to TG scores while listening to old episodes of the No Quarter podcast, then poking around and seeing all the games in need of scores for Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

I'm hoping to eventually get up to the level to start competing for some arcade records!
    Last edited by aswarola8; 09-19-2020 at 10:10 PM.
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  5. 09-19-2020, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DtM2000 View Post
    Hi Eveyone,

Have recently acquired an old arcade cabinet and have installed MAME on it so I can play my old favourite arcade games. My nameis Sean, I'm 43 and I'm from Plymouth, Devon, England.

Still reading up on how to get involved.
    Thanks,
    Sean
    Welcome, Sean! We're glad you're here!

Feel free to ask questions before making your first submission. Especially with MAME submissions, there are a few steps that are highly recommended that you may want to take to ensure your submissions get accepted. If you don't get a response in a forum, feel free to send me a PM.
    Thanks DtM2000 thanked this post
    Likes DtM2000, evan04 liked this post
  6. 09-19-2020, 07:53 AM
    Hi, thanks for the offer of help. I'm not going to lie but I'm like a rabbit in the headlights at the moment. Is there a specific MAME help tutorial or file that you could point me in the right direction of please? I've just been recording my arcade screen with my iphone and posting to YouTube but understand this is not good enough on this forum. I tried to PM you but don't have enough priveleges/points to to do this yet so posted a reply on here.
    Thanks in advance,
    Sean
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  7. 09-19-2020, 08:05 AM
    Hi, thanks for the offer of help. I'm not going to lie but I'm like a rabbit in the headlights at the moment. Is there a specific MAME help tutorial or file that you could point me in the right direction of please? I've just been recording my arcade screen with my iphone and posting to YouTube but understand this is not good enough on this forum. I tried to PM you but don't have enough priveleges/points to to do this yet so posted a reply on here.
    Thanks in advance,
    Sean
    Yes! Start here:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/wiki_in...and-Guidelines

Also, you can gain submission points and Credibility Rating ("CR") by adjudicating other people's records and voting on them. I always recommend to new members that when starting out, vote on several SHORT runs (30 seconds to 2 minutes each), like Angry Birds and racing games. This way, you have the potential to get MANY submission points QUICKLY, so youre not waiting a week to earn enough to do things like submit your own scores and PM other people.

In the meantime, Ill create a post on my wall that we can use for questions and Ill tag you in it. Make sure to post a comment there ASAP so I know you have access to it.
    Likes DtM2000 liked this post
  8. 09-19-2020, 08:09 AM
    Here's a link to the Q&A thread on my wall.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/garrett...ave-a-question
  9. 09-19-2020, 08:10 AM
    Thanks in advance,
    Sean
    i dont believe it takes any points to send messages, odds are you're "registered" but not "verified". not being verified will also prevent adjudicating and submitting scores.
    Lode Runner Champion
    Thanks Garrett Holland, DtM2000 thanked this post
    Likes DtM2000 liked this post
  10. 09-19-2020, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    i dont believe it takes any points to send messages, odds are you're "registered" but not "verified". not being verified will also prevent adjudicating and submitting scores.
    Great catch! Its been so darned long that I dont even remember what is even involved in getting verified.
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Join us