Introduce yourself...

1. Re: Introduce yourself...

01-17-2011, 10:18 AM
    Paul W.
    Colorado

20 years old
    Handheld Gamer since: 1995
    Console Gamer since: 1997

I first heard about Twin Galaxies from King of Kong. It took a while for me to join, though, because I wasn't all that interested in retro arcade games. Most of them seemed a bit archaic for my taste. Over the last few weeks, though, I've been in a bit of a personal "Renaissance" with retro games, and I've been hooked to the NES version of Donkey Kong... so I decided it was time to join up, and to my surprise it's not just retro games. That's pretty neat that you're tracking games from all generations :)

I don't hope to break any world records, nor do I hope to impress anyone. I'm just joining up and submitting scores for the fun of it and because I want to be part of this scoreboard in some form. It's a lot of fun. :)

Favorite console: GBA
    Favorite console that's not a GBA: Nintendo Gamecube
    Favorite game: Okami
    Favorite retro game: Donkey Kong (I've poured 17 hours into it since I bought the NES one on the Virtual Console a week ago lol)
    My initials on arcade games: SAW (My real initials are just... blah... :P)

Gaming is a hobby of mine, but my favorite hobby in the world is to watch and analyze movies. I love looking at movies from a technical standpoint (as well as an enjoyment/escapist standpoint), and I'm hoping to one day become a cinematographer, as that's my favorite field of film and it's what interests me the most whenever I watch a movie.

So there you go :D Glad to finally be a part of the community.

P.S. Newb questions alert: Do Billy Mitchell, Steve Wiebe, and Walter Day still participate on here? Do they post on the forums at all? :)
  2. Re: Introduce yourself...

01-17-2011, 10:38 AM
    Walter will post some anouncements now and then. As for Billy and Steve, I have seen nothin, unless they post under an allias.
  3. Re: Introduce yourself...

01-17-2011, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief3624
    P.S. Newb questions alert: Do Billy Mitchell, Steve Wiebe, and Walter Day still participate on here? Do they post on the forums at all? :)
    I don't think Billy posts on any forums. Walter still posts here occasionally, and I've seen Steve post a few times too.
  4. Re: Introduce yourself...

01-17-2011, 10:49 AM
    Hello, I feel the need to reintroduce myself on a new account, as I forgot my old username since I haven't been around here for over a year or two.
    Username: Raccoon_Mario22
    Console Gamer since 1997 (The first time I can consciously remember playing a console game)
    Handheld Gamer since when the GBA first launched in the USA.
    The funny thing is I actually killed my first GBA through playing it too much.

I joined because I have some measure of skill in Columns, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Sonic the Hedgehog series, and have around 25-30 Genesis cartridges and a Genesis that still works. I also play a little PSX, Wii, and XBOX 360 games. I don't have a video camera yet but plan on getting one in the future to record my record submissions. Until then, I will continue to hone my skills. I first got into arcade gaming at a local skating rink, in fact I spent more time playing the arcade games than I spent skating, unless I ran out of quarters and then had to compete in the limbo, or 4 corners contests to win a little more money to continue playing. I haven't been back there in a few years since I moved away from there. I would frequently play Bubble Bobble and hold the top score for the entire night. I was also fairly competent in Strikers II: 1945. I would like to thank those who took the time to read through the whole post.
  5. Re: Introduce yourself...

01-21-2011, 01:08 PM
    * Mr. Mitchell may have an inactive user account here... likely a relic from previous board engines.
    * Mr. Wiebe does have an account here, but he's an infrequent visitor & poster
    * Walter has retired from Twin Galaxies, so his activities on the forums have sharply decreased. He may still visit from time to time.
    * Mr. Chien has an account here, but like the other stars, he isn't a frequent visitor.

When it comes to star sightings on the forums, don't get your hopes up.
  6. Re: Introduce yourself...

01-22-2011, 12:36 PM
    Name: Michael

Gaming since '88, Atari 2600 was the first. I received my NES in 90, SNES shortly after. Currently playing Call of Duty:Black Ops, mostly private clan scrims, WoW, PS3, and MAME. I never really heard of TG until seeing King of Kong. Great movie (despite its flaws), and really is inspiring to pick up the classics again. Hopefully I can take a trip to Funspot in the future and play on some machines, as there are no arcades here in town anymore. :cry:
  7. Re: Introduce yourself...

01-29-2011, 06:16 AM
    I am Charles Ziese

I love 2D side scrollers over 3D games where one moves in all directions for some reason. (Not saying that I hate the latter)
    2.5D games are cool to me like, Megaman X8 and Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles.
    I like my games to have medium length, difficulty does not matter too much to me.
    Gamer since 1993, when I was two years old, first game was Sonic The Hedgehog 2 on the Sega Genesis.
    I'm a mythology maniac, hence my recent Castlevania run.
    I import Japanese CDs and video games from time to time. My dream is to meet Yuji Naka, the creator of Sonic.
  8. Re: Introduce yourself...

02-01-2011, 08:40 AM
    IAMERROR, you have the best username ever. Just so you know.
  9. Re: Introduce yourself...

02-12-2011, 07:52 AM
    Well I guess its time to redo my intro.

Name: Josh Jones aka Vongamer aka Blitzkid

Location: Originally from Wilkes-Barre, Pa, now residing in Fort Hood/Killeen Texas.

Started gaming in the early 80's with the atari 2600 and have owned MANY consoles ever since, with the exception of Neo-Geo as it was 500 bucks at the time.

Currently holding a few world records on MAME, and the rest range from rank 2-6.

I stumbled upon TG while being up with insomnia and finding Chasing Ghosts on Showtime.

TG Goals: To eventually attend the Big Bang, and Meet Leo Daniels. (Spoken with him numerous times over the phone, a very down to earth gentlemen)

Im happily married for 2 years. Met my wife on an online game (one of the very few sucessful online game meetings/marriages). Shes a big supporter of TG and myself. Couldnt ask for a better woman. I coach youth bowling at Killeen Bowlarama, and an avid bowler for 24 years now, and Ive coached at state, local and high school level.

You can find me on facebook search for Keni N Josh Jones (yeah we share the page)

Anything else I missed? Just ask :)
  10. Re: Introduce yourself...

02-12-2011, 11:52 AM
    By the way, happy birthday, I'm on the 15th of Feb.
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Join us