1983 Star Wars difficulty levels dip switch settings .. somewhat continued

1. 1983 Star Wars difficulty levels dip switch settings .. somewhat continued

07-03-2020, 08:55 PM
    Im interested in anything anyone could explain about the dip switch settings .. NOT the starting level via
    the start of the game .. they are supposed to be different. The settings which are supposed to mirror the cab
    dip settings of easy | moderate | hard | hardest, in Arcade 1up.

I suspect these settings do little on the Arcade 1up version .. and I find it irksome and frustrating.
    Does anyone own or have access to an original cab where they have tweaked these setting, and does the play get affected
    by them? I would have expected HARDEST to be brutal .. its a lot like HARD. The same can be said for the
    MODEST vs HARD .. its pretty much the same game, I think a good gamer knows.

The idea was I could wean myself from shields 6/2 to 6/1 on an easier setting and play longer
    (I have beads of sweat to get a 3 million on 6/1, where as 6/2 is too easy and I can play for hours and get 25 Million)

The only perceived differenace I can see is the first phase of the wave where the tie fighter fights are.
    I think they're a bit more intense and do in a follow the setting they are on. Any help here either from SW cab owners or
    fellow Arcade 1up users appreciated.
Join us