1983 Star Wars difficulty levels dip settings what does HARDEST really do

1. 1983 Star Wars difficulty levels dip settings what does HARDEST really do

06-30-2020, 10:50 PM
    So Im currently on a Star Wars arcade 1up machine and fairly happy wi it. Im trying to wean myself
    from starting 6 shields wi 2 shield bonus to old school 6/1 on hard settings .. but 6/1 is still a bit rough.
    I compromised and set the dip settings via the menu to HARDEST but see little difference.

What does the HARDEST setting actually do? I don't notice a speed or complexity difference ..
    I would expect a noticeable speed up, and or harder complexity of patterns. The Tie fights do seem a little
    nastier from the onset .. but that's all I can perceive. The waves time out to be about the same as well app 132 seconds/wave.

If anyone has some insight I would be grateful for a response.
    MTFBW
  2. 06-30-2020, 11:29 PM
    Rober Mrzcek might have the answer to that one. I believe the levels are hard coded so patterns will remain the same, the trench becomes random after a certain wave but doubt that they can move closer or more complex. I'm guessing it comes down to either how fast things shoot or maybe how easy it is to dodge those shots or have them be pushed off the screen.

@rtm
    Thanks rweth thanked this post
  3. 07-02-2020, 07:28 PM
    From the manual:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
Join us