Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitted D

1. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

09-23-2010, 04:23 PM
    I figured I'd deliberately cloak the amount to get it going again and then work through the free time on the weekend to kill the queue before getting back to my stuff... and then Scott totally usurped my work and did a better job then I could. :)

Figured I had a nice surprise going and then Scott out did me. :) Ahh well, it worked out in the end thanks to his phenomenal work. ^^

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  2. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

09-23-2010, 05:53 PM
    Wow, really cool to see my first MAME submission accepted :)

It's a little unfortunate that the day it's verified, I improve my score. I'll hold off though since I feel I can do better. :)
    I like to destroy games... especially the ones with Mario in them.
  3. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

09-23-2010, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaversfan
    Great job!!!! I'm sure I'm not alone when I say it is much appreciated.

It seems to me you've been a little grumply lately but maybe that's just cause the Cowboys are 0-2 :) I don't always agree with your decisions but there is no doubt you do a ton of work for this community and it is appreciated by everyone.

I still hope TG can come up with a plan so that no one has to lose sleep or food over this stuff in the future.

THANK YOU :!: :!: :!:
    0-2 doesn't help... but the root cause would be alluded to above. Lots to do... if one thing is focused on the stuff that is pending seems to take then "when ya gonna get to that" point and it can be irksome.

Many seemed to forget/not realize that many of our more productive staff members were all away for events at the same time.. events that saw huge piles of tapes/discs upon returning and hundreds of player accounts/thousands of scores to enter. It all took time to do. THEN came not one... not two... but three BIG scores to my desk that required fanfare on the back end... not to mention being forced away for a week due to a household emergency.

Anyhoo... I do what I can as fast as I can. When one thing under my umbrella isn't getting finished promptly it's because others are being worked on.

75 remain in the queue. I'll do what I can, up to 75, tomorrow (meaning if anyone thinks they can sneak in 50-100 scores like other times the queue gets cleaned out and get them done right away... uhh... no :). I'll finish whats already in there as of... now. Then move to the next thing :)
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  4. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

09-24-2010, 07:45 AM
    As of this writing, the queue is empty.

This always brings forth questions and remarks. PLEASE READ this here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=24053 before posting them this time around. It will be helpful to us all. :)
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  5. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

09-24-2010, 08:06 PM
    great to see my first score up too :D

thank you for your efforts...

8)
  6. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

10-03-2010, 11:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalPSP
    As of this writing, the queue is empty.

This always brings forth questions and remarks. PLEASE READ this here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=24053 before posting them this time around. It will be helpful to us all. :)
    I really like seeing that Current MAME Backlog thread say 0. Thank you for all your hard work!!!!
    Now that I have nothing in the queue I have to get back to playing :)
  7. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

10-26-2010, 04:56 PM
    WHERES OUR SCORES???????????? (lol)!!! :)
    We can't imagine how much scouring all formats and checking every sheet of every game on top of threads, forums and emails these TG dudes have to do!! it's hardcore. it's the kind of pastime that can make you end up disliking gaming altogether through overkill. it happens to some...maybe all of us from time to time.
    i think the most common sore point from all is waiting for scores to be verified, i'm waiting on about ten myself, and it can never be swift enough!!! we have to realise how long it takes. the only solution is to have more referee's, or do more hours. i'm sure the former is the most welcomed!!
    nothing short of hiring more people will speed things up. so how about "guest ref's"? close friends/relatives/gamers you trust do a day each here and there once in a while, out of gaming love. they'll have to be sworn in, no doubt!!
    just a thought....!
    maybe have competitions where the winners can referee for a day!!? maybe having their names on the twin galaxies website would be payment enough!! ha!
    keep up the great work, you guys, this place is cool.

i'm a new member, and i'm coming for my bomb jack crown!!!!

bomb jack (arcade) 26, 850,000 (round 650)
    Boasting the largest collection of pac-man related games, hacks and clones on all formats:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...rssgY8MYXKtfiU

BOMB JACK tournament record beaten with 1 life:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWXxHNjy7QQ

Learn to play BOMB JACK playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwXn...6AF1BC&index=2

Only gamer to get extra man on 1st. floor on Kung Fu Master:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_mkh-jeIJo
  8. 05-30-2019, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaversfan
    Great job!!!! I'm sure I'm not alone when I say it is much appreciated.It seems to me you've been a little grumply lately but maybe that's just cause the Cowboys are 0-2 :) I don't always agree with your decisions but there is no doubt you do a ton of work for this community and it is appreciated by everyone.I still hope TG can come up with a plan so that no one has to lose sleep or food over this stuff in the future.THANK YOU :!: :!: :!:
    0-2 doesn't help... but the root cause would be alluded to above. Lots to do... if one thing is focused on the stuff that is pending seems to take then \"when ya gonna get to that\" point and it can be irksome.Many seemed to forget/not realize that many of our more productive staff members were all away for events at the same time.. events that saw huge piles of tapes/discs upon returning and hundreds of player accounts/thousands of scores to enter. It all took time to do. THEN came not one... not two... but three BIG scores to my desk that required fanfare on the back end... not to mention being forced away for a week due to a household emergency.Anyhoo... I do what I can as fast as I can. When one thing under my umbrella isn't getting finished promptly it's because others are being worked on.75 remain in the queue. I'll do what I can, up to 75, tomorrow (meaning if anyone thinks they can sneak in 50-100 scores like other times the queue gets cleaned out and get them done right away... uhh... no :). I'll finish whats already in there as of... now. Then move to the next thing :)
    LOL
    Your friend, datagod

~~Raspberry Pi Enthusiast~~
  9. 05-30-2019, 12:54 PM
    Ok... a metric TON done at the sacrifice of food and sleep. 75 left as of this writing (most of them from the same gamer) as the Wiebe story has gained a second wind (ESPN) just now and the last thing I need to be trying to do is uploading and downloading stuff during that.
    Looks like you could sacrifice a bit more food. Just saying.
    Your friend, datagod

~~Raspberry Pi Enthusiast~~
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us