Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitted D

1. Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitted D

09-21-2010, 12:27 AM
    I submitted about 60 scores yesterday, so I was just curious where the que is at :D
  2. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

09-21-2010, 07:36 PM
    Im guessing around 400/500.
  3. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

09-21-2010, 08:46 PM
    wow!
    "I don't even like Peach! Why do I want to save her?"
    Brandon Y. LeCroy

Your Mom (Speed Run) - WR - 0:00:08.3
  4. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

09-21-2010, 08:55 PM
    Thats going on it was around 250 the last time it was up, some have been verified, but ballas added 60 to that number, and usually theres around 25-100/week.

Don't worry about how big the queue is, if there in the queue, they'll get verified.
  5. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

09-22-2010, 12:56 AM
    I don't mind waiting. Just always curious how many are in the queue.
  6. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

09-22-2010, 07:45 AM
    Well, two more got verified today.

Somethings got to give. It's been months now where the number of scores submitted is greater than the number of scores verified. I certainly don't mind waiting but if something doesn't change, the wait times are going to be so long that people are just going to stop submitting scores. I hope TG has a plan and it would be a nice bonus if they told us what this plan is because the current one isn't working.

MAME is the only platform that I know of where submitting scores doesn't cost the gamer a penny and when scores were being verified in a timely manner, it seemed there was more activity on MAME than any other platform. It just doesn't make sense that the most popular platform gets the least amount of love :cry:
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
  7. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

09-22-2010, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaversfan
    Well, two more got verified today.

Somethings got to give. It's been months now where the number of scores submitted is greater than the number of scores verified. I certainly don't mind waiting but if something doesn't change, the wait times are going to be so long that people are just going to stop submitting scores. I hope TG has a plan and it would be a nice bonus if they told us what this plan is because the current one isn't working.

MAME is the only platform that I know of where submitting scores doesn't cost the gamer a penny and when scores were being verified in a timely manner, it seemed there was more activity on MAME than any other platform. It just doesn't make sense that the most popular platform gets the least amount of love :cry:
    Most of such information is already posted, but for the sake of nipping this thread in the bud.

1. Queue is about the same size it's been. Once one purges the duplicate submissions that continue to fill it up despite monthly requests over the past year not to do that it cuts down the size considerably. This also takes time to do... time that COULD be spent verifying these scores instead

2. Stephen Boyer does what he can with his available time. The queue was getting knocked out daily for a while by me and Matthew Walters. Matthew hasn't had much time for a while now. My job duties here have increased exponentially, and when I do have time to verify scores the tapes and discs mailed to me are going to be done before MAME scores.

3. The need for help with the platform is noted internally and being worked on. As is currently being chatted about in the General Discussion forum, adding new referees is not like flipping a light switch.

4. I'm presently planning to assult the queue as time allows. I am currently finishing up entering the last scores mailed to me. I'd hoped to do this yesterday but the Wiebe traffic was bogging down the site and I couldn't. How much I attack it tonight/tomorrow will depend on what comes in my mailbox today.

We are well aware of a backup here, and it's a constant battle on our end all around. Verify MAME scores and those who mailed in tapes want to know when their scores are coming. Verify those and folks want to know when the games they requested tracks for are coming. Do that and people want to know when we'll finish fixing/investigating old settings/scores. Do that and people want to know why their e-mail/PM wasn't answered right away. Do that and it goes back to #1.

Everyone wishes to be a priority, and we do what we can and will continue to do so. Answering these threads also takes time away from doing that. :)
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
  8. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

09-23-2010, 02:12 PM
    Ok... a metric TON done at the sacrifice of food and sleep. 75 left as of this writing (most of them from the same gamer) as the Wiebe story has gained a second wind (ESPN) just now and the last thing I need to be trying to do is uploading and downloading stuff during that.
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
  9. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

09-23-2010, 03:16 PM
    Great job!!!! I'm sure I'm not alone when I say it is much appreciated.

It seems to me you've been a little grumply lately but maybe that's just cause the Cowboys are 0-2 :) I don't always agree with your decisions but there is no doubt you do a ton of work for this community and it is appreciated by everyone.

I still hope TG can come up with a plan so that no one has to lose sleep or food over this stuff in the future.

THANK YOU :!: :!: :!:
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
  10. Re: Any news on the Current MAME Backlog: ??? Oldest Submitt

09-23-2010, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaversfan
    you do a ton of work for this community and it is appreciated by everyone.
    You got that right, hes a great asset to this community.
    Keep up the awsome work, champ.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us