Fastest Pac-Man 9th Key Pattern?

1. Re: Fastest Pac-Man 9th Key Pattern?

01-27-2011, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    Not sure if you saw it when David first did it, but he managed to run the unpattern once, albeit with a couple tweeks. Still, it was really cool to see it work in practice.
    Wow -- if anyone could pull that off, it would be David! Thanks for the link, Todd, and great work coming up with the "unpatterns"!

-J

Jamey Pittman
    Perfect Pac-Man - 3,333,360 (Twin Galaxies, MARP)
    The Pac-Man Dossier
  2. Re: Fastest Pac-Man 9th Key Pattern?

01-27-2011, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    Quote Originally Posted by jpittman
    Yep. That's Todd's "unpattern" I referred to in the original post and it was made by hacking an .INP file and letting the computer play it back. For a human it's nigh-impossible but very impressive to watch!
    -J
    Hi Jamey,

Not sure if you saw it when David first did it, but he managed to run the unpattern once, albeit with a couple tweeks. Still, it was really cool to see it work in practice.

David, your pattern is nuts! And I mean that in the best possible way. :D I managed to run it twice in a row (MAME, joystick), but Inky tends to be all over the place for me. I guess that's a good thing, as it lets you know when things aren't working. On your 41 board run, did you die on #42, or just have to adjust?

Todd
    Todd,

If I remember correctly I had to adjust after the 41st board.

I have been waiting for you to knock out a perfect game of Pac-Man Plus. How's the progress going with the patterns?

Take care and God bless,

David
    Fastest Perfect Pac-Man - 3hrs 28min 49sec

https://facebook.com/notes/838585749500187/

3. Re: Fastest Pac-Man 9th Key Pattern?

01-28-2011, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ProveAll
    I have been waiting for you to knock out a perfect game of Pac-Man Plus. How's the progress going with the patterns?
    The patterns are done. The 4th pancake one could be better, but seems good enough. I've been pretty much stalled on making serious attempts for quite a while, though. :|

Todd
  4. 04-07-2021, 08:06 PM
    Hey you all, I was wondering what were the timing methods for timing the 9th key pattern, AKA start point and end point.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us