Deca2K11 - Nova 2001 [Official Discussion Thread]

1. Deca2K11 - Nova 2001 [Official Discussion Thread]

02-01-2011, 03:43 PM
    10 years to late for the Deca.. or is the timing just right for this Universal gem? Tips n talk can go here :)

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  2. Re: Deca2K11 - Nova 2001 [Official Discussion Thread]

02-01-2011, 04:33 PM
    I believe that this game is marathonable so might need to set to no extras. I think that at
    funspot they set it to 3 men and 1st and 2nd bonus with no other bonus ships.
  3. Re: Deca2K11 - Nova 2001 [Official Discussion Thread]

02-01-2011, 05:05 PM
    Ya, there was a guy at Funspot marathon'ing and they cut him off to his disappointment.

I saw it go down. He had been playing at least 1 hour. It was one of the more entertaining moments for me.
  4. Re: Deca2K11 - Nova 2001 [Official Discussion Thread]

02-01-2011, 05:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertCoins
    Ya, there was a guy at Funspot marathon'ing and they cut him off to his disappointment.

I saw it go down. He had been playing at least 1 hour. It was one of the more entertaining moments for me.
    Hmm.. only have hit around the 400k mark myself.. never did quite think of it being too marathonable.. but did have an inkling. Methinks this will be tweaked though for this cause. Thank you for the heads up.

Edit: Fixed. A new category will be opened in the database in the next day or so. Deca settings are now on Tournament settings deigned at 20K and no extras.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  5. Re: Deca2K11 - Nova 2001 [Official Discussion Thread]

02-01-2011, 06:04 PM
    Now how about fixing that Robotron setting :)
  6. Re: Deca2K11 - Nova 2001 [Official Discussion Thread]

02-01-2011, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redelf
    Now how about fixing that Robotron setting :)
    I can only work so many miracles at once. ^^;; It's something that's slowly getting taken care of. I know not as fast as everyone hopes.. but it's a lot to sift through and resolve. Unless you have a spare Delorean with a working flux capacitor. Then it should be a cinch. :)

Unlike figuring who's gonna win this event. ^^

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  7. Re: Deca2K11 - Nova 2001 [Official Discussion Thread]

02-02-2011, 07:10 AM
    Played this for about 45 minutes last night. Pretty cool game. I had to watch an inp to figure out what that second button is for and it took me a few games to figure out that letting those little sattelite thingies go across the screen triggers the mother ship. I'm not good enough yet to kill the mother ship so when it shows up I'm pretty much dead. This is one of those games where I really wish I had a joystick to play with as it's a PITA to play with the keyboard. I have a feeling someone is going to put up a huge score on this game even with only one extra ship awarded.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
  8. Re: Deca2K11 - Nova 2001 [Official Discussion Thread]

02-02-2011, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaversfan
    . This is one of those games where I really wish I had a joystick to play with as it's a PITA to play with the keyboard.

http://www.retrousb.com A controller will help.
    Please join: International Classic Gaming Federation and GU

Paul's Gamer Zone Arcade/Game room in Canton Ohio. Worth a visit...or 100.

"I say, I say, figures every time I add 2 and 2 I get a four legged smart aleck machine"

Max At Once WR's: 30 2/5/09

Zelda E2Q Progress: 75%
  9. Re: Deca2K11 - Nova 2001 [Official Discussion Thread]

02-02-2011, 11:57 AM
    A real Nova 2001 cab had one of the buttons mounted on the top of the joystick, which really helps. It's the one that locks in your direction.
  10. Re: Deca2K11 - Nova 2001 [Official Discussion Thread]

02-02-2011, 01:04 PM
    thank you crazy kong, didn't know that.

seems to me though that mother ship isn't about the robots, there's a little satellite that comes out after so long that summons it, just blast that thing to bits and no mother ship. the game even warns you when mr. satellite comes out.
    Please join: International Classic Gaming Federation and GU

Paul's Gamer Zone Arcade/Game room in Canton Ohio. Worth a visit...or 100.

"I say, I say, figures every time I add 2 and 2 I get a four legged smart aleck machine"

Max At Once WR's: 30 2/5/09

Zelda E2Q Progress: 75%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us