Updates???

1. Updates???

02-12-2011, 03:25 PM
    I am just curious, but many of the "issues" end with there will be further updates. Some say nothing, but more information coming soon.

Whatever happened to those updates?

I've seen the movie, then read this post in your forums, and went back and watched the movie again. However I must tell you that I still see biased on the side of Twin Galaxies on this issue. Also on the issue of Billy's restaurant I saw that 2 other people recorded the events on cameras.

Why wasn't any of those videos ever acquired and put up on these forums? (Yes, I saw the email address link)

Not to try and revitalize old news, but as a fan of old games, and someone who did enjoy the documentary I am curious about these things.

Thanks in advance

Joe
  2. Re: Updates???

02-13-2011, 03:25 PM
    It's all good. They're all pals now, opening a new King of Kong "arcade" in the Orlando airport.
    It looks like it could use a couple arcade games though, like maybe a DK?

http://www.orlandoairports.net/press/2011/20110203.htm
  3. Re: Updates???

02-25-2011, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by driverjoe27
    I am just curious, but many of the "issues" end with there will be further updates. Some say nothing, but more information coming soon.

Whatever happened to those updates?

I've seen the movie, then read this post in your forums, and went back and watched the movie again. However I must tell you that I still see biased on the side of Twin Galaxies on this issue. Also on the issue of Billy's restaurant I saw that 2 other people recorded the events on cameras.

Why wasn't any of those videos ever acquired and put up on these forums? (Yes, I saw the email address link)

Not to try and revitalize old news, but as a fan of old games, and someone who did enjoy the documentary I am curious about these things.

Thanks in advance

Joe
    That was something Walter Day was doing. He retired from TGI over a year ago now.

I'll sum up King of Kong in a simple statement: Don't consider the movie a wholly factual documentary. Enjoy it for entertainment (which it is) no more than you'd enjoy any other movie, tv show, Harlem Globetrotters game, pro wrestling event or anything else.

Best not to overanalyze. It's why there's almost as much misinformation following the movie as contained within it, and it's moot given the staff members shown in the film are either gone in the present day or never were staff members at all. Even if it WAS factual that would mean it has no reflection on today's organization.
    Patrick Scott Patterson - Video Game Advocate

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    PatrickScottPatterson.com
Join us