Deca2K11 HAS ENDED!

1. Deca2K11 HAS ENDED!

03-01-2011, 06:22 PM
    Just wanted to thank the refs for organising this competition and congrats to Valter for taking out the gold medal. I thought I might have had a chance at the gold when I was fighting it out with Brandon but then Valter came along and blew us away.

This was my first DECA and it was great. I understand that previous DECA's were longer in duration but I thought the 1-month timeframe was fine.

Can't wait for the next one and hopefully we might see some more players next time.
  2. Re: Deca2K11 HAS ENDED!

03-01-2011, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbo
    Just wanted to thank the refs for organising this competition and congrats to Valter for taking out the gold medal. I thought I might have had a chance at the gold when I was fighting it out with Brandon but then Valter came along and blew us away.

This was my first DECA and it was great. I understand that previous DECA's were longer in duration but I thought the 1-month timeframe was fine.

Can't wait for the next one and hopefully we might see some more players next time.
    Me you barra and Lecroy were dashing around,and Valter just came in and shoved us all in the corner. one heck of a ride..
    Please join: International Classic Gaming Federation and GU

Paul's Gamer Zone Arcade/Game room in Canton Ohio. Worth a visit...or 100.

"I say, I say, figures every time I add 2 and 2 I get a four legged smart aleck machine"

Max At Once WR's: 30 2/5/09

Zelda E2Q Progress: 75%
  3. Re: Deca2K11 HAS ENDED!

03-02-2011, 12:51 AM
    Yeah Valter must be a great player. I definately spent too much time on Mr Do, consequently not getting very good scores on most other games. Thanks to everyone who organised the Deca, especially the refs who verified our many scores. Thanks also to the players who participated! We had some great competition.
  4. Re: Deca2K11 HAS ENDED!

03-02-2011, 06:25 AM
    Congratulations Valter!!! Long live to Metroid Team!!!
  5. Re: Deca2K11 HAS ENDED!

03-02-2011, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbo

This was my 1st Deca as well Chris. I had a lot of fun with it. If it takes a year to get another one up and running, that would be fine with me.

I would also like to add that Kelly, Tim, and Russ did one heck of a job! Thank you so much for putting this together and keeping the scores up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo
    Me you barra and Lecroy were dashing around,and Valter just came in and shoved us all in the corner. one heck of a ride..
    Valter did come in and blow us off the map didn't he? Way To Go Man! Much props to you Sir!

B
    "I don't even like Peach! Why do I want to save her?"
    Brandon Y. LeCroy

Your Mom (Speed Run) - WR - 0:00:08.3
  6. Re: Deca2K11 HAS ENDED!

03-08-2011, 06:37 PM
    Hi thank you guys!

I would like to add that the (natural) "delay" in adding scores to the Ranking was a little bad to the "dynamic" factor of the competition. Nothing against the referees (btw, excellent job done), but it's natural, as I said above. The GoogleDocs idea was very good, I really loved it (it's possible save the file as .xls format and update with the yet-non-verified scores, to know where you would be if verified).

But I would suggest every player be authorized (login and sharing options) to make changes to his personal cells, and the referees would do a "check mark" in a side cell when verified/confirmed. It would make the competition more dynamical, and not so statical. As I also would like to know (and playback) other player results, this was the reason I started submitting to MARP my INPs in the final days. Just my 2 cents!

@ Rodrigo Lopes: yeah, "Long Life to Metroid Team!" lol
    TRB_MetroidTeam
    Metroid Team, from Brazil
Join us