Women Gamers Week preview

1. Women Gamers Week preview

09-16-2011, 06:29 AM
    A preview of next week's Women Gamers Week is posted up at the front page of http://www.PatrickScottPatterson.com

Due to positive response to the concept it's been expanded from a list of 5 ladies to 7 being featured and, after contact was established with someone today, possibly even more.

In the preview, folks here will see some familiar faces and others they maybe haven't heard about before. I hope this can feature can help change some opinions while bringing awareness of a variety of gaming communities to one another. Most of all, I hope everyone can enjoy it.

First profile is scheduled to appear Sunday morning with at least one per day each day of the week following that.
    Patrick Scott Patterson - Video Game Advocate

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    PatrickScottPatterson.com
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  2. Re: Women Gamers Week preview

09-16-2011, 06:43 AM
    I look forward to this with great anticipation. It's about time someone took a real good look at what drives and interests women gamers. It's also about time someone took them seriously.

Can't wait to read it :)
  3. Re: Women Gamers Week preview

09-16-2011, 07:52 AM
    excellent!
    "Have YOU Played Atari Today?!"
  4. Re: Women Gamers Week preview

09-16-2011, 09:23 AM
    PSP...I don't know if you know about these girls but take a look at what they did using a music video. What's your thoughts on their contribution to female gaming compared to the females that compete?
    The most important element here is the powerful and positive message for women world wide.
  5. Re: Women Gamers Week preview

09-16-2011, 09:53 AM
    Women Gamers Week is featuring women from all walks of life, from competition to collecting and preserving history to journalistic endeavors. All contribute in various ways.

As for the vid, it's nice to see someone in gaming expressing themselves in an entertaining and memorable fashion instead of some random message board rants nobody reads anyway. If more gamers of either sex could understand and accept that the entertainment factor is badly needed to take gaming to where we want it to go we'd be there already.

http://www.prlog.org/11662906.html <--- press release on Women Gamers Week including the full list of ladies of which I have currently completed interviews. One to three more may be added to this if they can get back with me in time as some are at TGS or otherwise occupied.

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
  6. Re: Women Gamers Week preview

09-16-2011, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalPSP
    If more gamers of either sex could understand and accept that the entertainment factor is badly needed to take gaming to where we want it to go we'd be there already.
    Truth in a sentence.

PSP, who would they need to contact "ASAP" and by when?
  7. Re: Women Gamers Week preview

09-16-2011, 10:11 AM
    Never mind. All the contact info is there. I sent this out to the girls that did that video. Hopefully they will contact you shortly.
  8. Re: Women Gamers Week preview

09-16-2011, 10:20 AM
    [quote="OriginalPSP"] If more gamers of either sex could understand and accept that the entertainment factor is badly needed to take gaming to where we want it to go we'd be there already./quote]

Perfectly said or typed! Nobody just want to watch gamers, you got to entertain others about gaming or competitive gaming to get it where we want it to be. Look at the Angry Video Game Nerd and Keith Apicary, they are not that good at video games. But they sure entertain you about gaming.
  9. Re: Women Gamers Week preview

09-16-2011, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by timmell
    If more gamers of either sex could understand and accept that the entertainment factor is badly needed to take gaming to where we want it to go we'd be there already./quote]

Perfectly said or typed! Nobody just want to watch gamers, you got to entertain others about gaming or competitive gaming to get it where we want it to be. Look at the Angry Video Game Nerd and Keith Apicary, they are not that good at video games. But they sure entertain you about gaming.
    Exactly, not to mention that out of the dozen or so classic and/or world record stories I've managed to force feed to the mainstream, every single of one of them that broke through had to have a "mainstream hook" connected with it somewhere. Nothing wrong with riding a bolt of lightning if it gets you where you want to go.

Triforce, I'm currently finishing up the last two of the seven articles. I've done all of these in one session today, along with the press release, and with an eighth article about another topic that will follow it all I'm going to probably fall face down on the keyboard soon. This isn't even mentioning two more possibly pending already... one with a G4tv talent and another *maybe* interview with an avid gamer who also happens to be in a popular NBC tv series (agent says yes, but there's no promises the actress will have the time today).

Anyone else who might be added in under the wire is going to need to get to me by the end of my office hours today. Not going to want to even look at a keyboard here shortly and won't be around at all tomorrow.

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
  10. Re: Women Gamers Week preview

09-16-2011, 04:05 PM
    http://www.prlog.org/11662906.html <--- press release on Women Gamers Week including the full list of ladies of which I have currently completed interviews. One to three more may be added to this if they can get back with me in time as some are at TGS or otherwise occupied.
    I actually met two of the female gamers featured in this at events. Both Raychul and Amy are very down to earth. I'm sure they would provide great content with their interviews.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us