Women Gamers Week preview

1. Re: Women Gamers Week preview

09-16-2011, 04:46 PM
    One female gamer I hope you interview is Jessica Goldsmith. I have no clue to who she is except she holds one of the most prestigous classic gaming records out there with her Super Mario Bros. TGTS score. pre 1990 gaming is definitely over 90 percent male so seeing her take would be cool.
    Space Jockey (Atari 2600) 1,321,495 3rd highest score in the world.
  2. Re: Women Gamers Week preview

09-18-2011, 07:15 AM
    Have not spoken with her since a few weeks after that score was verified. Had tried to get this site to do a story on her, but it never took place, perhaps due to her becoming a new mother around that same time.

However, the first featured woman does have a huge NES tie-in: http://www.examiner.com/arcade-game-in- ... ame-titles
    Patrick Scott Patterson - Video Game Advocate

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    PatrickScottPatterson.com
  3. Re: Women Gamers Week preview

09-18-2011, 07:44 AM
    Scott, will your next series be about women programmers/game designers? I think that would also be interesting.
    "Have YOU Played Atari Today?!"
  4. Re: Women Gamers Week preview

09-18-2011, 07:56 AM
    Several were contacted but not allowed to interview while holding such a position. Other than that, however, there's quite a variety in the lineup.
    Patrick Scott Patterson - Video Game Advocate

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    PatrickScottPatterson.com
  5. Re: Women Gamers Week preview

09-18-2011, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalPSP
    Have not spoken with her since a few weeks after that score was verified. Had tried to get this site to do a story on her, but it never took place, perhaps due to her becoming a new mother around that same time.

However, the first featured woman does have a huge NES tie-in: http://www.examiner.com/arcade-game-in- ... ame-titles
    Well good info to know. Maybe life just got in the way for her.
    Space Jockey (Atari 2600) 1,321,495 3rd highest score in the world.
  6. 03-23-2019, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CCDeSpira
    I look forward to this with great anticipation. It's about time someone took a real good look at what drives and interests women gamers. It's also about time someone took them seriously.Can't wait to read it :)
    Good grief Charlie Brown!!Nobody cares about gender. We are all humans and we all play games. Except the undead. They just smell bad and ruin parties. Chomp little chomp man!!
    Don't worship other men. It never ends well.
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Thanks Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  7. 03-23-2019, 09:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TriForce
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalPSP
    If more gamers of either sex could understand and accept that the entertainment factor is badly needed to take gaming to where we want it to go we'd be there already.
    Truth in a sentence.PSP, who would they need to contact \"ASAP\" and by when?
    Wow, hope I am not too late to the party. ASAP means as slow as possible, right?Taking gaming where anyone wants it is just the dumbest thing ever. You want to change things? Create something. Create games, create art. Have fun. Don't be dikks. @marcade one to beam up. This time travelling expedition is complete.
    Don't worship other men. It never ends well.
    Creator of Arcade Retro Clock

Thanks Marcade thanked this post
    Likes Marcade liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us