Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

1. Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-10-2011, 04:25 AM
    The website says that you don't need to be part of the festival, and can just give $25 plus $5 shipping, and you get 200 cards, and the set of cards. The site also says that all you need is 1 record verified by Twin Galaxies to do this. Well I am definitely up to doing this.

Walter Day here presents what the cards will look like front and back.

My question has to do with the back part of the card. He shows that the back has 4 different scores that are displayed. It also has a bio of the player. There are two different cards the players will be featured on. The Limosine(Top 100), and the Circus(Everyone else)
    First off, I am pretty sure he is showing the people for the Limosine set, so will the Circus people also have a bio with 4 different scores shown on the back of their cards?

Now the reason I ask this is because I like many gamers here actually have more than 4 different scores to choose from. Heck I have more than 4 different records also to choose from. So if the circus set has 4 scores as well, I was wondering if people can choose the 4 different scores they want up there? And if they can, how do we notify you of doing this?

As far as my 4 scores, here is probably what I would want up there.

Donkey Kong 3 Arcade (Marathon) 3,538,000
    Donkey Kong 3 Arcade TGTS 857,200
    Donkey Kong Junior M.A.M.E. 1,161,100
    Galaxian (Atari 2600) 2,696,100
    Space Jockey (Atari 2600) 1,321,495 3rd highest score in the world.
  2. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-10-2011, 08:18 AM
    I'm not positive on the specifics, but I do believe you get to choose the scores you want to have appear. Walter would have to answer the questions specifically as I'm not involved in the creation of the cards, just running the event.
  3. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-10-2011, 05:29 PM
    Sorry for this confusion. Here's the genesis of the card set.

The Circus Card Set and the Limousine set were originally intended to be two separate card sets. However, as we moved through the developmental stage, the two sets merged together under one common numbering scheme and the back of all the cards all began to say "Superstars of 2011." However, about 9 of the first cards printed do say "Circus Card Set" at the top of the backside, but that graphic has been abandoned and all later cards say "Superstars of 2011."

Essentially, all cards have the same data format on the back, despite whether they originally started out as Circus or limousine. So, in every case, your backside could include up to four game scores listed in the data table (some cards list only one score) Some cards, are more biographical on the back and dont have a data table, just a a paragraph of accomplishments.

Some people are in the set because of their gaming scores, others because they are noted video game personalities or legendary industry pioneers.

In all truth, there are so many people out there who have been part of the TG family that deserve to be on the cards because of their amazing accomplishments, that I am quite overwhelmed in the process of choosing. So, a lot of choosing has been based on the gamers themselves responding and saying they wanted to be involved. So, please be aware that this series now about to be released contains only 100 cards, but there are many, many more people to be included as we continue to roll out this project. "The Superstars of 2012" is already being conceptualized right now, and we are going to make sure that the deserving people out there who are not on this first run are included in that series.

And, yes, we give the player the choice of which of his scores he wishes to see portrayed on the backside in the data table.

Please post your questions here and I'll try to answer them..walter
  4. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-10-2011, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterDay
    Sorry for this confusion. Here's the genesis of the card set.

The Circus Card Set and the Limousine set were originally intended to be two separate card sets. However, as we moved through the developmental stage, the two sets merged together under one common numbering scheme and the back of all the cards all began to say "Superstars of 2011." However, about 9 of the first cards printed do say "Circus Card Set" at the top of the backside, but that graphic has been abandoned and all later cards say "Superstars of 2011."

Essentially, all cards have the same data format on the back, despite whether they originally started out as Circus or limousine. So, in every case, your backside could include up to four game scores listed in the data table (some cards list only one score) Some cards, are more biographical on the back and dont have a data table, just a a paragraph of accomplishments.

Some people are in the set because of their gaming scores, others because they are noted video game personalities or legendary industry pioneers.

In all truth, there are so many people out there who have been part of the TG family that deserve to be on the cards because of their amazing accomplishments, that I am quite overwhelmed in the process of choosing. So, a lot of choosing has been based on the gamers themselves responding and saying they wanted to be involved. So, please be aware that this series now about to be released contains only 100 cards, but there are many, many more people to be included as we continue to roll out this project. "The Superstars of 2012" is already being conceptualized right now, and we are going to make sure that the deserving people out there who are not on this first run are included in that series.

And, yes, we give the player the choice of which of his scores he wishes to see portrayed on the backside in the data table.

Please post your questions here and I'll try to answer them..walter
    OK, I am confused even more. It has to do with the site Walter
    http://videogamecapitaloftheworld.com/t ... card-expo/

The site says you only need 1 record, and $30 shipping, and you are included into the set. Is the criteria different than that now? I say that because you speak of choosing people to be in the set. Well, there really wouldn't be much choosing if it is just paying the $30, and your in. Should people ignore that $30 shipped thing?
  5. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-11-2011, 04:08 AM
    From the very beginning, it was expected that only handful would respond to the $30 offer, and that the card set would mainly be made up of people who show interest but not be a part of this offer.

This offer actually centered around these things:

1. They have to be a world record holder (no video game personality or industry pioneer was included in this offer).
    2. They get 200 copies of their own card.
    3. They get a full-set of the trading cards when they are printed.
    4. Plus, they are honored at the event.

So, in a sense, the people who responded to the offer were in actuality helping us finance this project by buying a set of the cards in advance. Oher people who appear on the cards don't get the 200 cards or the complete set. They were simply enrolled in the set.

Just about 235 of our past world record-holding champions were notified by email that they would be included in this set, if interested. This invitation was made apart from the $30 offer. The ones who responded first would be included, in a sense on a first-come, first-serve basis, simply because the amount of work involved required that each positive response from a world-record holder would need to be expedited immediately. And, all of them were world-record-holdera and each had a valid right to be in the set. So, this set is primarily made up of the ones who showed interest and responded. But, these are only world record holders. Further cards were included that showed Tommy Tallarico and a host of other historical entities or personalities. they also were not part of the $35 offer.

So, it was a mixture of other personalities and a small handful of people entering through the door of the $35 offer (and they could have been chosen anyway for their high-score merits apart from the $35 offer, but their enrollment in this program ensured that they would get 200 cards and a complete set of the series as a gift for enrolling).

Keep the questions coming.

walter
  6. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-11-2011, 09:38 AM
    To possibly clarify the card set even further, only 19 individuals enrolled in the $30 offer. The other 81 cards were personally paid for by myself. The first vision for the set was to include 600 cards that honored historic icons, world record holders, video game personalities and leaders of the global gaming industry. However, it was impossible to include all 600 in the first year, so the decision was made to split them up, approximately 100 per year.

But there was no money to support this process, so the idea was enacted to invite world record holders to get involved and make a contribution that would help cover some of the costs of the cards. So, the Trading Card Expo was created. However, only 19 contributed and the rest were eventually covered through funds that suddenly became available. The 19 who contributed were definitely eligible to be included in the set and would have been contacted anyway even if they had not become contributors first. But as for the 81 other cards; many, many people were contacted privately and invited. The ones who responded are the ones who will appear in the card set. The other 500 deserving individuals will be included in the "Superstars of 2012" and late sets.

Respectfully,

walter
  7. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-11-2011, 11:28 AM
    To possibly clarify the card set even further, only 19 individuals enrolled in the $30 offer. The other 81 cards were personally paid for by myself. The first vision for the set was to include 600 cards that honored historic icons, world record holders, video game personalities and leaders of the global gaming industry. However, it was impossible to include all 600 in the first year, so the decision was made to split them up, approximately 100 per year.

But there was no money to support this process, so the idea was enacted to invite world record holders to get involved and make a contribution that would help cover some of the costs of the cards. So, the Trading Card Expo was created. However, only 19 contributed and the rest were eventually covered through funds that suddenly became available. The 19 who contributed were definitely eligible to be included in the set and would have been contacted anyway even if they had not become contributors first. But as for the 81 other cards; many, many people were contacted privately and invited. The ones who responded are the ones who will appear in the card set. The other 500 deserving individuals will be included in the "Superstars of 2012" and late sets.

Respectfully,

walter
    No Walter this is my question. If people pay the $30 right now, and are record holders, will they get their 200 cards, and be included in the set? The website seems to indicate yes, you seem to indicate no.

Edit: I was being trivial, and forgot for a moment this grand 30 year history of gaming.
  8. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-11-2011, 11:47 AM
    I'm gonna poke my head in, even though I don't know all the answers, just a logical head prevailing here.

Walter sent out the invitation on Aug. 9.

If your e-mail address in the Twin Galaxies system isn't current, or if you don't check your spam filter (in the off chance his e-mail got flagged as spam) there is a possibility that you didn't receive the e-mail on it.

Information was available prior to the Aug. 9 e-mail that went out, but few to none (if I recall correctly) responded to it with interest. With less than a month to go for the November event when a full deck of cards is to be made available for purchase, I believe it is logical and understandable that if Walter decided to fill in spots and things are moving forward, that it may not be able to be made into this first initial deck. Yes, I understand the website doesn't specify that.

Now, to clarify for Walter. homerwannabe wants to know if he pays the money for the cards TODAY will he be in the current deck and receive the 200 cards, or will he be in a future deck, not the 2011 one.

(that is what you are asking right homer?)
  9. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-11-2011, 12:00 PM
    Just about 235 of our past world record-holding champions were notified by email that they would be included in this set,

Has this list been published anywhere Walter??

If not, can you publish It??

john

10. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-11-2011, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayhynn
    I'm gonna poke my head in, even though I don't know all the answers, just a logical head prevailing here.

Walter sent out the invitation on Aug. 9.

If your e-mail address in the Twin Galaxies system isn't current, or if you don't check your spam filter (in the off chance his e-mail got flagged as spam) there is a possibility that you didn't receive the e-mail on it.

Information was available prior to the Aug. 9 e-mail that went out, but few to none (if I recall correctly) responded to it with interest. With less than a month to go for the November event when a full deck of cards is to be made available for purchase, I believe it is logical and understandable that if Walter decided to fill in spots and things are moving forward, that it may not be able to be made into this first initial deck. Yes, I understand the website doesn't specify that.

Now, to clarify for Walter. homerwannabe wants to know if he pays the money for the cards TODAY will he be in the current deck and receive the 200 cards, or will he be in a future deck, not the 2011 one.

(that is what you are asking right homer?)
    Yes exactly. OK, so this was recent. My email is current, I checked,and did not get an email.

Edit: I was being an idiot
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us