Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

1. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-11-2011, 12:36 PM
    Personally you could argue you're taking this a bit too seriously and personally. Just my thoughts anyway.
  2. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-11-2011, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterDay
    To possibly clarify the card set even further, only 19 individuals enrolled in the $30 offer. The other 81 cards were personally paid for by myself.
    Respectfully,

walter

OMG...Walter?!

That's Our Walter...the man who cares. I love you, Walter Day ?

I want to send a donation to help cover some of your costs, you sweet man. And I want to ask each and everyone of you to make a donation -any donation- to help him with this. He has spent his life fighting and working towards something so beautiful, and he opened up his hands after finishing years of hard work and gave the product of his love and devotion to YOU. As cliched and corny as some may find that statement it is the truth. You guys, he paid out of his own pocket for many of you for these cards, not to mention a lifetime of sacrifice creating a world for you to live your gaming loves and lives through.

Someone...anyone...please post the address to send donations.
  3. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-11-2011, 01:34 PM
    OK, I am OK, with not being included. I decided to go over the list of classic games, and realized there were a lot of great players around. I guess looking at it this organization has been around 30 years, and a lot of great gamers have come, and gone. I guess in a 30 year period, when all is said, and done at the moment I really don't deserve to be in the top 232.

You know in all honesty I was full of myself. I have been only around 2 years. I am still a noob. Many gamers have been fully participating for over 10 years, and some over 30 years. Looking at the larger picture, I am content, and hey maybe this drives me to become better realizing I am nowhere near where I envisioned myself.
    Space Jockey (Atari 2600) 1,321,495 3rd highest score in the world.
  4. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-11-2011, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by homerwannabee
    OK, I am OK, with not being included. I decided to go over the list of classic games, and realized there were a lot of great players around. I guess looking at it this organization has been around 30 years, and a lot of great gamers have come, and gone. I guess in a 30 year period, when all is said, and done at the moment I really don't deserve to be in the top 232.

You know in all honesty I was full of myself. I have been only around 2 years. I am still a noob. Many gamers have been fully participating for over 10 years, and some over 30 years. Looking at the larger picture, I am content, and hey maybe this drives me to become better realizing I am nowhere near where I envisioned myself.
    George, I wish more people, including myself, could humble themselves so easily and be okay with that. Actually for the time you have been playing within the circuit your scores are impressive. So don't be hard yourself, feel uplifted. You're part of the team no matter where or what your likeness shows up on.

Cheers,

Cat :D
  5. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-11-2011, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by homerwannabee

Indeed. And what really matters anyway is that you value your records highly :) Not to say others don't, because they are fantastic scores, but only what you think really matters.
  6. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-12-2011, 03:22 AM
    :oops: EDIT: I meant to send a pm not reply publically so removed my post
  7. Re: Questions about the Twin Galaxies Card sets

10-12-2011, 06:22 AM
    My suggestion, if you wish to make a donation, even if you can't attend the event, purchase a ticket. Otherwise, I believe there is a paypal address for accepting donations for the event.

If you own a video-game related company and want to sponsor the event, contact me personally.
  8. 09-02-2020, 05:13 AM
    Taking the cue from your thread bump, Gudsidn, the TG trading card series has evolved into the Walter Day Collection:

EDIT: Just to clarify, this message was in response to a recent post from Gudsidn, but it has since been deleted.

https://thewalterdaycollection.com/

The collection is no longer affiliated with TG as Walter retained ownership of the trading card collection initiative after Jace purchased TG in 2014 (as I understand the sequence of events). The collection has branched off to cover other themes, such as Comic Books the Second World War, but the bulk of the collection retains its focus on gaming achievements, personalities, or milestones, and he continues to issue new cards, such as Superstars of 2020.

https://thewalterdaycollection.com/collection/gallery/category/arcade

Last edited by The Evener; 09-09-2020 at 07:59 AM.
    Likes Tuffy64 liked this post
  9. 09-09-2020, 07:40 AM
    To possibly clarify the card set even further, only 19 individuals enrolled in the $30 offer. The other 81 cards were personally paid for by myself. The first vision for the set was to include 600 cards that honored historic icons, world record holders, video game personalities and leaders of the global gaming industry. However, it was impossible to include all 600 in the first year, so the decision was made to split them up, approximately 100 per year.

But there was no money to support this process, so the idea was enacted to invite world record holders to get involved and make a contribution that would help cover some of the costs of the cards. So, the Trading Card Expo was created. However, only 19 contributed and the rest were eventually covered through funds that suddenly became available. The 19 who contributed were definitely eligible to be included in the set and would have been contacted anyway even if they had not become contributors first. But as for the 81 other cards; many, many people were contacted privately and invited. The ones who responded are the ones who will appear in the card set. The other 500 deserving individuals will be included in the "Superstars of 2012" and late sets.10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 happymod

Respectfully,
    Last edited by pilecarls8; 09-11-2020 at 12:23 AM.
    Likes francoisadt liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us