What Your Ticket Price Gets You

1. What Your Ticket Price Gets You

10-27-2011, 09:14 AM
    So the question I’ve heard is “Why is this event worth $30 advance ticket purchase/$40 at the door?” I’ve been meaning to answer the question for a while, but between my real life job and planning the event, researching to show you’re getting a big bang for your buck took second place.

However, now I have the time to actually go through this and make a logical argument versus real world expenses.

Your Three-Day Ticket prices gets you admission to all of the following events:

The Twin Galaxies Video Game Festival featuring all of the following movies (in alphabetical order):
    • Dr. Kong[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • Ecstasy of Order: The Tetris Masters[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • FRAG[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • High Score[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • King of Chinatown[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • The Kong Off[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • MegaMan Documentary[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • Star Worlds: A Pocket Full of Tokens and I'm Heading to the Arcade[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • An Unnamed Short Documentary (5 minutes)[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • A short Street Fighter Documentary (15 mintues)[/*:m:33orsj6c]

Based off current theater prices, you’d pay more than $30 to see just 4 of the films.

Twin Galaxies World Championships
    You have a chance to set high scores to potentially appear in the Guinness Book of World Records on the following games and platforms:

Nintendo Wii:
    --Wii Play Motion
    --Just Dance 3
    --Goldeneye 007

Playstation 3:
    --Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    --Rock Band 3
    --Batman: Arkham City
    --Dead Space: Extraction
    --Pac-Man CE DX

XBOX 360:
    --Gears of War 3
    --Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
    --Forza 4
    --Portal 2
    --NBA Jam: On Fire edition

XBOX 360 Kinect:
    --Kinect Adventures
    --Dance Central 2
    --Child of Eden
    --Gunstringer
    [strike:33orsj6c]--Just Dance 3[/strike:33orsj6c]

If that’s not enough, then you have the Twin Galaxies Gauntlet, which will be a modern-day recreation of the “That’s Incredible” show.

Not to mention Star Worlds Arcade will be setting up a Donkey Kong Birthday Party room with all games brought on free-to-play as well as helping to set up a small, recreation of the Twin Galaxies Arcade, also with games set to free-to-play. There will also be a room set up with consoles throughout the ages for free-play.

In addition to the above, there will be:
    • Rock Band on Free Play on a mini-stage[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • Panels covering the movies[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • Midwest Electronic Gaming running tournaments (tournaments will have a small charge to participate in for prizes) and running an area with modern games for play[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • Ottumwa Gaming Community running events[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • Twin Galaxies Award Ceremony[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • Pie-In-The-Face Fundraiser for Child’s Play and the International Video Game Hall of fame -- You get to see people get pied! In The Face! [/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • The Ironman Competition: Who will be the longest player to be crowned champion?[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • Meet and greet individuals who appear on the trading cards available for purchase and get their signatures[/*:m:33orsj6c]
    • And more...[/*:m:33orsj6c]

If that doesn’t sell you to buy your tickets prior to the event and that it’s more than worth $30 for a three-day weekend to attend, nothing will.

Buy your tickets now!

http://twingalaxiesvideogamefestival.ti ... eswebsite/

TS Edit: Just Dance 3 (360 Kinect) is NOT in the Twin Galaxies World Championship Schedule at this time.
  2. Re: What Your Ticket Price Gets You

10-27-2011, 01:37 PM
    Bought ticket. See you there.
    Should be an aewsome weekend.
    Todd Friedman
    Staff Writer - Old School Gamer Magazine

3. Re: What Your Ticket Price Gets You

10-27-2011, 01:43 PM
    We can still buy tickets at the door and be able to do everything though, correct? I'm not 100% sure I'm attending yet and would rather pay a few dollars extra than buy a ticket now and not use it ;)
  4. Re: What Your Ticket Price Gets You

10-27-2011, 01:53 PM
    Correct. Tickets are $40 at the door for a 3-day pass. Tickets for single days are also higher at the door than in advance.

Last day to purchase advance tickets is Nov. 9.

Also, forgot to mention swag bags.
  5. Re: What Your Ticket Price Gets You

10-27-2011, 04:04 PM
    Just Dance 3 for Kinect will be there now? It was not mentioned in the other thread.

Also, what is this? "The Ironman Competition: Who will be the longest player to be crowned champion?" The longest player? Is it some kind of endurance competition?

Can't wait for the event!
  6. Re: What Your Ticket Price Gets You

10-28-2011, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiTZ
    Just Dance 3 for Kinect will be there now? It was not mentioned in the other thread.

Also, what is this? "The Ironman Competition: Who will be the longest player to be crowned champion?" The longest player? Is it some kind of endurance competition?

Can't wait for the event!

Regarding Just Dance 3: I believe so, I need to double check that.

The Ironman champion is basically an endurance competition that certain individuals were invited to participate in. I believe they will be streaming their attempts and everything else and they start early on thursday.
  7. Re: What Your Ticket Price Gets You

10-28-2011, 01:02 PM
    Based on current schedules for the Twin Galaxies World Championships, Just Dance 3 will only be on the Wii... NOT on the 360 Kinect.
  8. Re: What Your Ticket Price Gets You

10-28-2011, 03:05 PM
    Gotcha, thanks.
Join us