(mame records) missing input download option

1. (mame records) missing input download option

01-07-2012, 01:11 AM
    Hello,

Some of the entries in the scoreboard for 1943 are missing download options for the input files. Is this just because they're so old that they've been lost? Or is it tied to how long I've been a member etc? Perhaps the owner can ask for it to not be displayed (to hide his strategy?)

I'd really like to view the top score for 1943 to see how he got 25% more than anyone else! :)

Cheers

Pod
  2. Re: (mame records) missing input download option

01-07-2012, 01:59 AM
    When submitting MAME scores, gamers do have the option to make their .inps private if they wish to do so. Also, depending on how old the score is, even if it is available to view it, it might have been done on an older version of MAME (something to keep in mind).
  3. Re: (mame records) missing input download option

01-07-2012, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Podbod
    I'd really like to view the top score for 1943 to see how he got 25% more than anyone else! :)

Pod
    Seems like the answer is self evident. Maybe they discovered a new tactic. I guess they do not want to broadcast their method.
  4. Re: (mame records) missing input download option

01-08-2012, 05:11 AM
    Yeah, now I know that you can hide scores that makes sense.

Theres a hidden 100k bonus on each level that is assumed to be random (about 1 in 20). My best guess is that he's figured out how to force it to appear.

Pod
  5. Re: (mame records) missing input download option

01-08-2012, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Podbod
    Yeah, now I know that you can hide scores that makes sense.

Theres a hidden 100k bonus on each level that is assumed to be random (about 1 in 20). My best guess is that he's figured out how to force it to appear.

Pod
    You can always check out MARP and see the inp recording for this game over there.
Join us