Purpose of Track Variation Discussion Forum

1. Purpose of Track Variation Discussion Forum

03-22-2012, 12:50 PM
    These forums are set up to help alleviate some of the problems that we have with adding new tracks to set new world records for.

This general discussion area can cover topics related to tracking questions that don't necessarily fit into the sub-forums above.

For example, if there is a game that is already tracked, but additional tracks are wanted or perhaps there's questions on the specifics of the track, those should be posted in this general area.

Specific track discussions will go into the other forums.

Each forum will have a thread like this explaining how to keep things non-confusing for everyone.

Please be sure to specify systems that tracks are for, exact game name, etc. and any supporting evidence for things that may be helpful to others.

Thanks!
  2. Re: Purpose of Track Variation Discussion Forum

03-22-2012, 06:16 PM
    Just to be sure, there was no "middle generation" section, so what all qualifies for Classic tracking?
  3. Re: Purpose of Track Variation Discussion Forum

03-22-2012, 10:44 PM
    There does not appear to be anywhere for good ol' PC/Mac gaming. Seems very weird that iOS and Android are up for discussion yet their ancestors (in terms of functionality) are overlooked. I know the old reasons for PC/Mac being overlooked but those very reasons have to be faced for iOS and Android to be implemented...
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  4. Re: Purpose of Track Variation Discussion Forum

03-23-2012, 05:41 AM
    Part of it is because we're not quite ready for the PC/iMac yet, so i don't want to throw those out there, but the Android/iOS is a bit easier.

PC and Mac will be added in the future, but until we have staff and are ready to add that, not too eager to have that category.

Regarding middle age console....I'll be honest, I didn't think about it and really mentally classified anything that's not modern as classic. I realize that's a wrong assumption (and I've been quite swamped with things so all my mental processes are probably not in line).

What systems would be considered classic? what are considered middle generation? I can definitely create that forum once that's outlined.
  5. Re: Purpose of Track Variation Discussion Forum

03-23-2012, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayhynn
    Part of it is because we're not quite ready for the PC/iMac yet, so i don't want to throw those out there, but the Android/iOS is a bit easier.

PC and Mac will be added in the future, but until we have staff and are ready to add that, not too eager to have that category.
    I'll wait. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayhynn
    Regarding middle age console....I'll be honest, I didn't think about it and really mentally classified anything that's not modern as classic. I realize that's a wrong assumption (and I've been quite swamped with things so all my mental processes are probably not in line).

What systems would be considered classic? what are considered middle generation? I can definitely create that forum once that's outlined.
    To be perfectly honest, I don't think getting a concrete answer is important - people will likely not honour those boundaries set now in the years to come. However, mirroring other parts of the forum seems most logical: viewforum.php?f=102 / viewforum.php?f=100
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  6. Re: Purpose of Track Variation Discussion Forum

03-25-2012, 12:28 PM
    I can do that :)
Join us