[Cross Platform] Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+

1. Question [Cross Platform] Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+

05-06-2014, 01:22 AM
    I know things are busy behind the scenes getting everything to work properly but I thought I would highlight an error in the way this game is tracked.

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is currently tracked for XBOX Live Arcade and Playstion 3 PSN. Under both of these platforms, the following variations are tracked:

1. Championship II - Score Attack - 5 Minutes
    2. Highway - Score Attack - 5 Minutes
    3. Junction - Score Attack - 5 Minutes
    4. Spiral - Score Attack - 5 Minutes
    5. Manhattan - Score Attack - 5 Minutes
    6. Dungeon - Score Attack - 5 Minutes
    7. Championship I - Score Attack - 5 Minutes
    8. Half - Score Attack - 5 Minutes

The Half variation has NO Score Attack within the game. The only way to play Half is through Time Trial or Time Trial (Short). Time Trials DO count towards level and overall scores, but not in the same way as Score Attacks. So, this is currently a variation in the TG database that can never have any submissions.

Here is how the core game is set up:
    IN-GAME VARIATION

Score Attack (5 min.)
    Score Attack (10 min.)
    Ghost Combo
    Time Trial
    Time Trial (Short)
    Championship II
    √
    √
    √
    √
    √ (10 shorts)
    Highway
    √
    √
    √
    √
    √ (9 shorts)
    Junction
    √
    √
    √
    √
    √ (12 shorts)
    Spiral
    √
    √
    √
    √
    √ (9 shorts)
    Manhattan
    √
    √
    √
    √
    √ (10 shorts)
    Dungeon
    √
    √
    √
    √
    √ (8 shorts)
    Championship I
    √
    NO VARIATION
    √
    √
    √ (9 shorts)
    Half
    NO VARIATION
    NO VARIATION
    NO VARIATION
    √
    √ (21 shorts)
    Darkness
    NO VARIATION
    NO VARIATION
    NO VARIATION
    NO VARIATION
    √ (8 "shorts")

The Darkness "shorts" are actually the full-length time trials of all the other mazes, but played in the dark.

Last year the game was re-branded as Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ and 4 more mazes were added as DLC. They are:

IN-GAME VARIATION

Score Attack (5 min.)
    Score Attack (10 min.)
    Ghost Combo
    Time Trial
    Time Trial (Short)
    Mountain
    √
    NO VARIATION
    NO VARIATION
    √
    √ (6 shorts)
    Big Eater
    √
    NO VARIATION
    NO VARIATION
    √
    √ (6 shorts)
    Championship III
    √
    NO VARIATION
    NO VARIATION
    √
    NO VARIATION
    Highway II
    √
    NO VARIATION
    NO VARIATION
    √
    NO VARIATION

While I would certainly like to see all in-game variations tracked I feel that the in-game overall score is the greatest indicator of the "best" player. Tracking all possible variations the game has to offer would be borderline ridiculous. I'm most interested in seeing the "Half - Score Attack" variation removed from the database since it's not a real or possible variation in the game.
    Likes Merciless365 liked this post
  2. 05-07-2014, 05:29 PM
    I agree with everything stated above
  3. 06-08-2014, 04:45 PM
    I agree with the above as well. I've been playing the game since it's release and have a few good scores on the game for 360. Half and Darkness are simply for fun and chasing personal bests. My best has to be on course Championship III where I have the #1 spot. I recorded the replay so people could check it out and improve on the score but never recorded it live. If anybody wants to check it out, my YouTube channel is therealmerciless365.
    Likes xelnia liked this post
  4. 06-08-2014, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Merciless365 View Post
    I agree with the above as well. I've been playing the game since it's release and have a few good scores on the game for 360. Half and Darkness are simply for fun and chasing personal bests. My best has to be on course Championship III where I have the #1 spot. I recorded the replay so people could check it out and improve on the score but never recorded it live. If anybody wants to check it out, my YouTube channel is therealmerciless365.
    Great run Merciless! I've taken quite an extended break from this game, so seeing new videos really gives me the itch to play again. I think all the DLC scores can be pushed higher, but it's been probably months since I've actually looked at the leaderboards.

It's great to see other players showing an interest in this game; one of the best "retro revivals" ever made.
    Thanks Merciless365 thanked this post
  5. 06-09-2014, 12:31 PM
    Thank you xelnia. I agree with you on both accounts. It really is one of the best "retro revival" titles and those scores can definitely be pushed up more. Glad there are a few people out there that are enjoying this game and the competition just makes it that much more fun in my eyes. Game on and play well my friend =)
  6. 06-11-2014, 05:41 AM
    The CE series have been very fun adaptations!
Join us